As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anyone going early?

SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
edited March 2006 in PAX Archive
My crew and I are going to be arrving on tuesday the 22nd...

and i was just wondering if anybody else is going to be there early?

if so... do we want to do a big group tourist like things in seattle?

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
SmallLady on

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    I'm down. Of course, I live here, but hanging out with new people is always fun.

Are you and your crew of drinking age in the US?

Doc on
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2006
    i can't tell if that signature is an insult to me, or if it's an insult to viscountalpha because of those typos and whatnot

perhaps both

...no i won't be going there early

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    all except poor poor trillian.. but I don't know if she's comming early with us

:D

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Borfase wrote:
    i can't tell if that signature is an insult to me, or if it's an insult to viscountalpha because of those typos and whatnot

perhaps both

...no i won't be going there early

It's to make fun of him. Your name just happens to be in there.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    i think you're fibbing!

Borfase on
  • Options
    EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    i'll be there a night early....since I know some people from LIVE out there I figured if we went out and drank on thursday night I could recover in time for PAX opening and be at PAX the whole time it is open....

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Borfase wrote:
    i think you're fibbing!

Sort of. A misspelling of your name just happens to be in there.

Doc on
  • Options
    Puerto RockPuerto Rock Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I'll be there early I think. I might actually be living in a box in seattle at that time though.

I only say this because who knows what the future holds, you know? Not that I plan on becoming homeless in seattle. Unless I get better rain pants and a tent.

Puerto Rock on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    and a misspelling of the word "breathe"

Borfase on
  • Options
    TomExMachinaTomExMachina Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I will be there early...

TomExMachina on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Two years ago, I went a day early. Last year, I drove down the day of. I must say, that extra day was awesome. Driving down on the day of wasn't that great. I couldn't stop worrying about my place in line.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    QuizMaster wrote:
    Two years ago, I went a day early. Last year, I drove down the day of. I must say, that extra day was awesome. Driving down on the day of wasn't that great. I couldn't stop worrying about my place in line.

I'm telling you, every one comes a day early. The cool kids wont be in one hotel or the other, that is to say, hotels wont determine cool. It's the people who you meet before the event. Those are the people who you really click with for some reason. Even if the meeting is completely random. I met some of the more kick ass reallest friends at pax 04 right in front on Hero on friday. I am still friends with them today. Same goes for 05, it was wierd but it felt like I've known SmallLady forever.

I think I am going to cry.

Puerto Rock on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    I'm coming early...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    puerto is very, very wrong

the hotel determines who is and isn't cool

Borfase on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Borfase wrote:

Who said you had the right to utter my name Señíor Borfacio?

Puerto Rock on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    puerto rock puerto rock puerto rock puerto rock puerto rock puerto rock puerto rock puerto rock puerto rock puerto rock puerto rock puerto rock puerto rock puerto rock puerto rock

Borfase on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    SmallLady wrote:

I'll see what I can do, and I'll pester Pola to see what he can do too :P

So...anyone wanna give us a ride from...say....downtown Seattle to Bellevue?

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I'll be there early...becuase if i wasn't there would be pain.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    SmallLady wrote:

Sure, I'm headed from just south of downtown anyway. We can coordinate a little closer to the day of.

Doc on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    SmallLady wrote:

Sure, I'm headed from just south of downtown anyway. We can coordinate a little closer to the day of.

Make it so, I say, Make it so.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    arithenaarithena Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    I'm coming early...

...always have, always will...

arithena on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    arithena wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    I'm coming early...

...always have, always will...

Better than never...

oh brun

Legacy on
  • Options
    CreepyCreepy Tucson, AzRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Is there anything fun in the area that warrants going early? I'm talking touristy stuff, not bars. Drinking loses it's glamor after the 1st 20 or so years you can do it. ;)

I was in Bellevue a couple of years ago for a MS conference and I don't remember finding anything that I just HAD to see when I looked up the area beforehand. Then again, it was a last minute trip for work so I didn't exactly perform an exhaustive search.

Any locals care to chime in?

Creepy on
    Live: Broichan

PSN: Broichan
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Yeah. Go see the Underground Seattle tour. I thought it would be dumb, but it's really kind of neat, and I remember thinking that it would make a good FPS level. :roll:

Also, the Science Fiction Museum is pure distilled awesome.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    CreepyCreepy Tucson, AzRegistered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Oh wow! Both of those look great! I forgot about the Underground...I remember seeing something on Discovery or History about it a few years ago.

Thanks a bunch! I'll prolly go a day early then.

Creepy on
    Live: Broichan

PSN: Broichan
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Creepy wrote:
    Is there anything fun in the area that warrants going early? I'm talking touristy stuff, not bars. Drinking loses it's glamor after the 1st 20 or so years you can do it. ;)

I was in Bellevue a couple of years ago for a MS conference and I don't remember finding anything that I just HAD to see when I looked up the area beforehand. Then again, it was a last minute trip for work so I didn't exactly perform an exhaustive search.

Sure. I'd suggest hitting up the ferries in Seattle. It's really cool if you are visiting the Puget Sound area. Also, they are near the Pike Place Market, which has some nice shops.

Basically, Bellevue itself sucks in terms of things to do. You'll want to go into Seattle for a good time pre-PAX.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    That undergground tour thing looks cool. The Sci-Fi Museum was cool the first time probably wont go again. Any other cool stuff to do?

Puerto Rock on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Borfase wrote:

Well, I don't know sir, he was right about meeting people beforehand. I spent the entire '04 weekend and most of the '05 weekend with these people that I met at the front of the '04 line after beating one of them at Bomberman Tournament.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I plan on going a day early, seeing as how this year i will be driving myself to pax. this is also the first PAX that i will be 18 for. but i have plans for thursday night and friday i will probably just be waiting in line all day. just like star wars.

Nephirij on
  • Options
    MonkeycutionerMonkeycutioner Registered User new member
    edited February 2006
    Me and my buddy Ryfle32 are heading down on the 22nd also. This will be our first time going to PAX, so we figured we would get there early, and sight see. Typical tourist stuff. After we decided, he went on the forums and read about all the other people who were planning on going. I'm psyched about this whole trip. It'll be cool to me all of you guys and gals.

Monkeycutioner on
    "Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better, and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when its just about right. - The Tick"
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Creepy wrote:

Sure. I'd suggest hitting up the ferries in Seattle. It's really cool if you are visiting the Puget Sound area. Also, they are near the Pike Place Market, which has some nice shops.

Basically, Bellevue itself sucks in terms of things to do. You'll want to go into Seattle for a good time pre-PAX.

Yeah, we don't really want there to be a whole bunch of stuff to do in Bellevue, because that attracts the kind of people we try to keep out with exhorbitant rent, real estate and shopping prices.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    But...

You can go like...fuck around in the Sharper Image store...

:|

That's about all...really...

Legacy on
  • Options
    superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    The Sharper Image always had this creepy "You're going to break something and have to take out another mortgage" vibe to me.

That being said, who wouldn't want a massaging chair?

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Seeing as a live and work in Bellevue, most of my away from home recreation in town involves either the botanical gardens or bar hoping. I like just walking up to the bar myself, getting a feel for everyone there, then seeing what kind of conversations I can get caught up in.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    sup3rj0e wrote:
    The Sharper Image always had this creepy "You're going to break something and have to take out another mortgage" vibe to me.

That's because everything is made out of the same brittle, cheap plastic.
    Seeing as a live and work in Bellevue, most of my away from home recreation in town involves either the botanical gardens or bar hoping. I like just walking up to the bar myself, getting a feel for everyone there, then seeing what kind of conversations I can get caught up in.

Which bars? I forget, are you one of the forumers I've met?

Doc on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Doc wrote:
    sup3rj0e wrote:

It costs a lot of money to make plastic that brittle, apparently.

Products like this one make me want to start an entire thead.

Back to the topic:
    I'll be in town the night before, on the 24th. Still kind of up in the air as to going; damn if flights and hotels aren't expensive.

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    sup3rj0e wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    sup3rj0e wrote:

Back to the topic:
    I'll be in town the night before, on the 24th. Still kind of up in the air as to going; damn if flights and hotels aren't expensive.

I once asked my friend why Sharper Image doesn't sell Segways, since it seemed right up their alley.

"I think it's because it doesn't have a shitty LCD screen."

Doc on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Doc wrote:
    sup3rj0e wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    sup3rj0e wrote:

Back to the topic:

I once asked my friend why Sharper Image doesn't sell Segways, since it seemed right up their alley.

"I think it's because it doesn't have a shitty LCD screen."

I think it's because a Segway is actually kind of useful.

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    t Doc I don't think we've met. I mainly drink at the rock bottom but I'll walk over to the Taphouse once in a while. I need to hit the bar in the new Westin and one of these days I'll just go downstairs to the bar at the Seastar.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Weaver wrote:
    t Doc I don't think we've met. I mainly drink at the rock bottom but I'll walk over to the Taphouse once in a while. I need to hit the bar in the new Westin and one of these days I'll just go downstairs to the bar at the Seastar.

Shoot me a PM next time you're going out.

Doc on