As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team Fortress 2: Dedicated Server help!

RCagentRCagent Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Well, I can start up a Dedicated Server, and my friends can join it and everything. I know that I have to use a different method in order to join my own dedicated server using the same computer, but I'm having trouble understanding how to do so.

I've googled how to do this, and I think I have the impression that i have to connect using my internal ip address, and give out my external ip address to my friends. But I can't seem to find my own internal ip!

From what I've gathered, the dedicated server should be running under your internal ip, and you just give out the external ip to your friends, but my dedicated server appears to be running under my external ip already!

Basically, how do I join my own dedicated server when its using my own external ip? Or is there some way to join my own dedicated server that I haven't learned about yet?

RCagent on

• Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    to find your "external" ip go to a website like www.whatismyip.com

to view your "internal" ip you can check your router logs, go into run->cmd and type ipconfig etc.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    RCagentRCagent Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    musanman wrote: »
    to find your "external" ip go to a website like www.whatismyip.com

to view your "internal" ip you can check your router logs, go into run->cmd and type ipconfig etc.

See thats the thing, both of those are exactly the same to me. I know that a internal ip usually starts with 192, but the only number like that appears if I use ipconfig /all and even so, its just followed by a "0.1" and I either don't know how to connect to my server with that or its incorrect.

RCagent on