As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super [chat]roid

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    JPants wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    Yeah, i just whipped up a XPS with similar stats and aside from a smaller screen (15.1) it was only 400$ more.

At this point it's all a pipe dream though since my finances for this month are tighter than i expected. Time to go to Costco and buy tons of frozen chicken, top ramen, and Sinai Kosher hot dogs.

Make sure to pick up some chicken bakes from the frozen section! They're delicious!

These sound delicious, what are they?

You can try one out at the food cart thing. They're like these tubes of dough filled with chicken and cheese and some vegetables, and then baked. I guess they're like Hot Pockets, except good. They sell them in packs of 6 in the frozen section. Their lasagna is actually pretty good too, if you like stereotypical lasagna.

Holy god. That sounds amazing. And yes, i enjoy stereotypical lasagna.

Man, it's like 2 weeks till a Costco trip.... I want to go now!

JPants on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Wow, so Bill Donahue doesn't realize Colbert's joking.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    I think I might end up not going to the concert tonight

it is only $14 wasted, I guess

it's been a while I've been awake and not ate so I'm going to go buy food now okay bye [chat] talk to you soon

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    toodles emily

It's sort of a sneaking realization. You're bobbing your head and enjoying it and listening to it and then then you realize that he's singing about jesus, and to dislike it for that sole reason would be just as bad as people who decry 'devil music.'

PLus sufjan is absurdly beautiful.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I had the weirdest fucking dream last night.

I dreamed that I was hanging out at some big party headquarters that was exclusively occupied by Penny Arcade people. I ended up getting in the pool and making out with some girl who I exclusively knew as "Caprice Vigno" or something like that.

I started talking to her about who she knew there. She said she was married to Malkino. I was like "Ohhhh, shit. He doesn't regularly come to the PA HQ to beat people up for making out with his wife, does he?" She said "No, he's too busy working on his new video game, trying to make it stop crashing."

Then she showed me Malkino's video game that he was working on. It was a tetris-esque game, where you had the different shapes/gems that you'd stack and get them to disappear. The twist was that the game environment was three dimensional. You could move the camera angle all around the massive object in the middle, and the pieces flew in from the distance, rather than dropping in from above.

I'm not sure what happened after that. I assume we went back to making out. Caprice Vigno is a hottie.

jotate on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I just sent an e-mail over the head of my supervisor who is supposed to be taking care of my orders.

I imagine I'll be subject to sizeable amounts of bitching. On the other hand, I leave in a couple months anyway. Ha ha, sucker!

Quid on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    I just sent an e-mail over the head of my supervisor who is supposed to be taking care of my orders.

I imagine I'll be subject to sizeable amounts of bitching. On the other hand, I leave in a couple months any. Ha ha, sucker!

Victory is yours!

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    My dreams for the last two nights have been excessively bland. Even in my dream I was thinking to myself "This is boring" and was grateful it was time to get up.

Quid on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    sufjan_stevens.jpg
    I mean dang i just want to go and do indy jesus stuff with him.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    toodles emily

It's sort of a sneaking realization. You're bobbing your head and enjoying it and listening to it and then then you realize that he's singing about jesus, and to dislike it for that sole reason would be just as bad as people who decry 'devil music.'

I don't dislike it per se, I just never got into it, but there was all these crazy little Christians that were touting him as a sort of second coming, so it makes sense now. It's rare that they get listenable music if they don't listen to secular stuff.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't dislike it per se, I just never got into it, but there was all these crazy little Christians that were touting him as a sort of second coming, so it makes sense now. It's rare that they get listenable music if they don't listen to secular stuff.
    It’s unfortunate.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Man, there is a lot of crappy music out there. I feel bad for the people in the bands.

stilist on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    what is someone dissing on Sufjan in here

what

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Dear Big Sailor Person,
    I was told a little over a month ago that my class date for CTI would be June 9th and have been officially approved for orders since December. With only a couple months left until I should, presumably, be transferring with leave I was curious if there was any information on the status of my orders.
    Very Respectfully,
    ---PS3 Quid

I was CCed in a forward:

Sailor Fancypants,
    You have posted this person but I don't see orders in the system yet. Can you please answer this Sailor's question.

PS3,
    Fancypants is the detailer who is in charge of writing A school orders. He can answer your questions.

Stay tuned for more unfolding drama!

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    jotate wrote: »

I dreamed that I was hanging out at some big party headquarters that was exclusively occupied by Penny Arcade people. I ended up getting in the pool and making out with some girl who I exclusively knew as "Caprice Vigno" or something like that.

I started talking to her about who she knew there. She said she was married to Malkino. I was like "Ohhhh, shit. He doesn't regularly come to the PA HQ to beat people up for making out with his wife, does he?" She said "No, he's too busy working on his new video game, trying to make it stop crashing."

Then she showed me Malkino's video game that he was working on. It was a tetris-esque game, where you had the different shapes/gems that you'd stack and get them to disappear. The twist was that the game environment was three dimensional. You could move the camera angle all around the massive object in the middle, and the pieces flew in from the distance, rather than dropping in from above.

I'm not sure what happened after that. I assume we went back to making out. Caprice Vigno is a hottie.

I had a dream the other night that me and Loren took over the world, but that Loren was the vastly more skilled leader and I felt bad because I was just riding his coattails. I think it's because I looked at Loren's Facebook pic and was so creeped out by it.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    jotate wrote: »

I had a dream the other night that me and Loren took over the world, but that Loren was the vastly more skilled leader and I felt bad because I was just riding his coattails. I think it's because I looked at Loren's Facebook pic and was so creeped out by it.
    I dreamt about a strange orgy that involved hot Indian guys. It was very weird.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Lots of chicken soup and Tylenol.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Well, that would be weird, but you're gay, so I assume it's like any other sex dream I have. Except with more penises and fewer boobies.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Man, we really can’t get away from the ‘80s, can we?

stilist on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2008
    Satan. wrote: »
    19,675,623 people have voted so far in the Democratic primaries. That's a third of the 2004 votes for Kerry. I'm not that worried that now McCain is running around unopposed -- he essentially has been already. I didn't hear him ripping on Huckabee that much lately because it was unnecessary. While Clinton is negative as hell, I don't think that it's going to damage Obama so much that he becomes unelectable in the general. If anything, it's preparing him to take on the Republicans (especially with trash like the 3am ad). We also shouldn't forget that if Obama doesn't get the nomination, Clinton isn't a bullet in the head for Democrats. Polls now have her numbers down but we still have eight months until we all shit ourselves.

Dude, it's three months. In politics that's a lifetime.

It's nothing to scoff at.

And negative campaigning doesn't prepare a candidate for anything. It just drives the negatives. The reason candidates don't do it all the time is because it drives up their negatives too, just not as much. Now if you have some other candidate spending millions of dollars running negative attacks on the candidate you'll be running against, so you can repeat the benefits without being sullied, well that's just Christmas.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well, that would be weird, but you're gay, so I assume it's like any other sex dream I have. Except with more penises and fewer boobies.
    Yep.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    God dammit Sailor Fancypants! Big Sailor Person gave you an order. What is your answer?

Quid on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I had a dream two days ago that ended with me hanging out with Angel, these 3 werewolf dudes one of which was Seth Green (he was the one in Buffy right?) and some brunette.

:P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I haven't been remembering my dreams lately, which is of huge disappointment to me. Usually they're quite entertaining to remember the next day.

JPants on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I had a dream two days ago that ended with me hanging out with Angel, these 3 werewolf dudes one of which was Seth Green (he was the one in Buffy right?) and some brunette.

I think it's interesting that the dudes in your dream are better-drawn than the chick.

Is there something you'd like to tell us, Sabs? :winky:

Thanatos on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    stilist wrote: »
    Man, we really can’t get away from the ‘80s, can we?

nobody even remembers the 90s either

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Looks like elki mis posted here.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I had a dream about a video game about painting. You had to collect supplies in an action RPG environment and then come back to the studio to use what you collect and make stuff.

I always got an abundance of red paint. But there was a skill called 'I need supplies!' that turned five units of red paint into three units of blue paint and four units of green paint. That was an awesome skill...

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »

I think it's interesting that the dudes in your dream are better-drawn than the chick.

Is there something you'd like to tell us, Sabs? :winky:

I only remember the two cause they are actors, I can't remember what the other dudes looked like, also there was a part where Angel was fighting some female vampire in a church and the werewolf guys showed up and were all like "Don't want to mess with us yo!".

It was a weird dream.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So the Patrick Swayze thing is for reals... have you guys noticed that celebrity deaths often come in threes?

So first there was Heath, and now Swayze (odds are, anyway)... who will be next?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Wait what's happening with Swayze

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So the Patrick Swayze thing is for reals... have you guys noticed that celebrity deaths often come in threes?

So first there was Heath, and now Swayze (odds are, anyway)... who will be next?
    Heath died, like, weeks ago. How could this possibly qualify?

Quid on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    toodles emily

http://www.catandgirl.com/view.php?loc=452

:!:

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I am feeling very angry all of a sudden today and I'm not entirely sure why.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Wait what's happening with Swayze

Cancer. He has 5 weeks to live.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Man, saying things come in threes is just psychological. Nature ain’t out there killin’ people to get a harmonious triad.

stilist on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    teriyaki nom nom nom

calories nom nom nom

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited March 2008

Gary Gygax is flipping you off.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

:|
    they don't happen in threes damnit! people just tend to group them like that.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Everything comes in threes.
    If you wait long enough

If we are going for threes, right now it's Heath, Swayze and Gygax.

Hey, he's a celebrity to me, ok?

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.