As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox 360 Now cheapest next gen Console on market

KwornKworn Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Games and Technology
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7288024.stm

I assume this has been known for sometime now?

Nice move Microsoft.

Kworn on

• Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Kworn wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7288024.stm

I assume this has been known for sometime now?

Nice move Microsoft.

Man, I am so ahead of you. I had live updates.

/feels unappreciated

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Yeh but no but yeh but no but...whatever

Kworn on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Why are we still calling this stuff "next-gen"?

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    korodullin wrote: »

Because everyone's living in the past!

And this price-cut is just for Euroland right? So the Wii is still cheaper in the States (therefore you'll get a bunch of them folk in here protesting that it's not the cheapest, and then more shenanigans will ensue that I just won't dare mention because they're like the Candyman)
    But basically, hooray! Now they just need to advertise the damned thing on tv and they might just knock some momentum away from Sony.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    korodullin wrote: »

Because everyone's living in the past!

And this price-cut is just for Euroland right? So the Wii is still cheaper in the States (therefore you'll get a bunch of them folk in here protesting that it's not the cheapest, and then more shenanigans will ensue that I just won't dare mention because they're like the Candyman)
    But basically, hooray! Now they just need to advertise the damned thing on tv and they might just knock some momentum away from Sony.

Why is it they dont advertise it much on TV

Kworn on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Well they might do and I just keep missing it, but I've seen a number of big 3rd-party games (the likes of Assassin's Creed) advertised with a big PS3 logo at the end, and no mention of it being on the 360 as well. I remember seeing a few 360 ads around Christmas, and that's really been it. If they want to sell more around here, they could do with telling more people about the damned thing. Same with signing up to Live (a staggering lack of information on joining up for a Silver account, and it being free) or promoting Live Arcade titles more, too.
    Basically whoever's in charge of making sure Mr. Average knows what they're getting, needs a serious boot up the arse.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Of course, they would start dropping prices after I waited a year to purchase them. At least it's not an American price drop...yet, so I don't feel so bad.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    RoxtarRoxtar Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    While I dont really see much for xbox 360 consoles only such as the sony commercials I wouldnt say they dont advertise. Almost every xbox exclusive game gets way more advertisement than ps3 exclusive games imho (Halo 3, Lost odyssey, Mass effect, Frontlines). Not to mention MS seems to have a little logo in practically any type of awards, promotion, or whatever thing going on, always "brought to you by Xbox 360" rarely see Sony in that regard.

Roxtar on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Locked for duplicate

Accualt on
This discussion has been closed.