As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Canada got something right - Hockey, eh?

TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonightHas stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Social Entropy++
Hockey.

The regular season is almost at a close, and with the playoffs fast approaching, I thought it was time that we who give a shit shared our favorite moments.

Here are some of mine!

Zednik getting his throat slit!

Crosby crushing his ankle and coming back too soon... and now he's out again. That's a great team doctor you got there Pittsburgh.

Ovechkin's record.

There was a Canucks game that was so intense I actually lost count of the fights. At one point there were 4 fights on the ice at once.

And of course, here are the standings.

Also: Maple syrup is pretty delicious too I guess.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
Tonkka on

• wawkinwawkin Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    maple syrup > hockey

wawkin on
    Talkin to the robbery expert.

"This is where I say something profound and you bow, so lets just skip to your part."
  • edited March 2008
    hockey is pretty cool but i like to watch lacrosse

i'm pretty sure there aren't any rules and there is definitely less padding

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm probably going to try to go to another Ducks playoff game this year

the wook on
  • WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I wish I could get tickets to a game.

Stupid Canucks being sold out since about 1 day after tickets went on sale.

Weretaco on
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I've only ever been to one NHL game.

I'm hoping that the Sonics move to Oklahoma and we fill the void with a professional hockey team.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • edited March 2008
    I went to a leafs game a few years ago because my company had season tickets.

attn: leafs fans
    you may not bitch about how bad your team is and continue to buy $800 tickets to their games and bitch about the high prices

you may do one out of three

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • BbajBbaj Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Calgary-Flames-2005---Logo-Puck-Photograph-C12876179.jpeg
    Hooray for being incredibly inconsistent this season!

Bbaj on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    If you would have told me at the beginning of the season that the Wings would be this far ahead I would have told you to shut up.

But damn.

Tonkka on
  • BbajBbaj Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Tonkka wrote: »
    If you would have told me at the beginning of the season that the Wings would be this far ahead I would have told you to shut up.

But damn.
    I feel like they are always this far ahead every season for the past few years.

Bbaj on
    edited March 2008
    Bbaj wrote: »

But damn.
    I feel like they are always this far ahead every season for the past few years.

Yeah, but with the changes that were made in the line-up and Osgood starting more often I didn't think they'd be so... good. Especially with all the new guys on the ice more often.

Tonkka on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I am going to the Caps game sunday afternoon, against the Bruins. Soooo excited. It is exciting watching the Caps try to make the playoffs, though their chances are kinda iffy. I don't care, Ovechkin is pretty much the best hockey player right now, and he is a joy to watch.

Also, the Caps-Flames last night had OvieCam going on one of the channel. Split screen between the game and a camera focused on Ovechkin the whole night. Him blowing snot rockets out of his nose and cheering in russian/broken english was awesome.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    hi

go canucks!

(have to support my city, regardless of standing)

mully on
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm an Oilers fan.

Everything before January this year was fucking depressing.

Everything afterwards made me think we should be sending our players out for genetic testing.

There are far fewer holes in this organization than there have been at any point over the last few seasons. For once, there is hope for the future with a crop of rookies who seem to be capable fucking players.

I just hope Pitkanen has been playing injured, because he is in no way living up to expectations recently. From what I've heard he's been playing with a really bad hip, so that is slightly reassuring.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I have yet to start caring about hockey again since the lockoot

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fun ovechkin fact: he met his current lady online on some russian dating site. He messages her, saying he was a hockey player and she didn't believe him. Luckiest girl on earth.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2008
    Bret screwed Bret.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited March 2008
    My friend and I have yearly bet that I might have to change next season.

He's a Canucks fan and I root for the Red Wings, so every time they meet up in the regular season it's $5 to the winner. Whoever gets farther in the playoffs gets $10.

I might have to change the team I root for next year because this is getting ridiculous.

Tonkka on
  • RageRage Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

I'm hoping that the Sonics move to Oklahoma and we fill the void with a professional hockey team.

omglol

Err, wait. We're getting pro soccer in a couple years, right?

Fuck I guess anything is possible. But still...you like hockey and that makes you weird.

Rage on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Rage wrote: »

omglol

Fuck I guess anything is possible. But still...you like hockey and that makes you weird.

The Mighty Ducks > Bend it Like Beckham

Who's the weird one now, weirdy?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited March 2008
    Ringo wrote: »

omglol

if an NHL team ever won a game by doing the 'flying V'

they'd probably have my loyalty for life.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    vsove wrote: »
    I'm an Oilers fan.

Everything afterwards made me think we should be sending our players out for genetic testing.

There are far fewer holes in this organization than there have been at any point over the last few seasons. For once, there is hope for the future with a crop of rookies who seem to be capable fucking players.

I just hope Pitkanen has been playing injured, because he is in no way living up to expectations recently. From what I've heard he's been playing with a really bad hip, so that is slightly reassuring.

I moved away from Edmonton about 5 years ago, recently I started listening to 630 Ched again on my computer, awhile back they broke from the regular programming to play the press conference with the potential new owner.

Seemed promising.

Seg on
  • RageRage Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

omglol

Hey

I never said I was a soccer fan. Merely that Seattle managed to get a pro soccer club lined up, henceforth, the possibility of a pro hockey team in Puget Sound is not entirely out of the question.

Mainly I like giving Tonk shit whenever possible.

Rage on
    edited March 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    vsove wrote: »
    I'm an Oilers fan.

I moved away from Edmonton about 5 years ago, recently I started listening to 630 Ched again on my computer, awhile back they broke from the regular programming to play the press conference with the potential new owner.

Seemed promising.

Having a single owner who is passionate about the team is definitely a step in the right direction. Means stability and such.

Also actually having a future for the team is nice, too. As opposed to before, where most of our rookies ran the gamut from sucky to suckier.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
    edited March 2008

omglol

Hey

I never said I was a soccer fan. Merely that Seattle managed to get a pro soccer club lined up, henceforth, the possibility of a pro hockey team in Puget Sound is not entirely out of the question.

Mainly I like giving Tonk shit whenever possible.

You big poop-head, hockey is so not weird you are!

Tonkka on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Canada got something right.
    What do they win Alex?

TankHammer on
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Hockeys dum

Filler Inc. on
    edited March 2008
    Jus liek spelin

Tonkka on
    edited March 2008
    Oh know! Tonkka doesn't get obvious jokes!

What will I do?!

Filler Inc. on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm just going to say one thing: HAMILTON will never get an NHL team the logistics aren't there, this stupid fucking city needs to understand that if we don't build the new arena first no one is going to accept the move over.

bloodyroarxx on
    edited March 2008

What will I do?!

Neither does FIller!

What will we do?!

Tonkka on
    edited March 2008

What will I do?!

Neither does FIller!

What will we do?!

I DON'T KNOW!

Listen, I've got a bunker, let hop in there before we're truly fucked from all this sarcasm.

Filler Inc. on
  • ZalenkoZalenko Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Go Bruins!
    (But really go Redwings)

Zalenko on
    edited March 2008
    Hi5 Filler

Hi5 Zalenko

Tonkka on
  • WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    go canucks go (try not to play like last night against Anaheim! )

225px-Vancouver_Canucks.gif

Weretaco on
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • ZalenkoZalenko Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Listen, Boston, I know Tim Thomas is awesome but can we have one game where he doesn't carry the whole fucking team?

Zalenko on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I am a devils man, but honestly I never get to see games on Australian TV.

Oh sure you'll replay an entire cricket test from 8 years ago, you'll show every Rugby League game three times, but one hockey game a week.

When does the season usually start? Will I be able to go to a game when I am all over America in late September?

#pipe on
  • KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    A banana splattered across the face of the USA.

Killjoy on
  • DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    GO HABS GO

Dadouw on
  • KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Fuck Habs NO!

I can't believe some people actually expect the Leafs to get in.

Killjoy on
  • DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The only team I really hate are the Colorado Avalanche, fuck those traitors

Dadouw on