As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[IC] Exigency - "Explosions... my only weakness... how... did you... know?"

1464748495052»

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Cyril continues piloting the videl, remaining at a relatively low height as to avoid maximum visibility. He continues onward, when he notices an explosion behind him- his eyes dart back for a moment and he realizes the others as well as Goribrin are likely dead.

He doesn't so much react as just continue on his course.

Egos on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Cutter is still unconcious.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Cutter's left leg twitches.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Everyone

After what feels like months of being comatose, Cutter inexplicably regains consciousness, as if some benign force wanted things to start happening again.

Also, the people onboard the ship spot the people sitting in the swamp. Time lapse or something. Not sure. And they bring the ship in to land so everyone can be reunited and formulate a plan.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Moments Later

"Well that was a strange string of occurrences...."

Cyril scratches the back of his head

"So...uh...I guess we're off to go save Enthiliun then?"

Egos on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Cutter's left leg twitches.

Why won't it stop twitching. He thinks as he begins to massage his left thigh. And how the hell did I get here? I don't remember a thing.

"Ummmm, I guess so," Cutter responds to Cyril's question sounding just as unsure as to what's going on as he is. "Last thing I remember was falling thinking, 'I'm dead.' Now I'm here? Can anyone explain what happened?"

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Gods, what a headache, Alliah thinks as she watches the fire-spattered debris - vegetable, synthetic and human - sink slowly into the depths of the swamp. The smell is nauseating. Cutter - half cooked himself - doesn't smell much better.

"Can anyone explain what happened?"

"Well, I wouldn't recommend flying anytime soon. You're full of enough metal to set off every phaseport security drone for a mile around."

Alliah coughs slightly.

"I'm glad you made it, big guy. Had us worried. Well, most of us."

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    "Made what, exactly?" Cutter says with a quizzical look on his face.

Searching his memory Cutter is ravaged with flashes of Goribrin and Voln, but he just can't piece it together. He shakes the images out of his head and looks around for an answer.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Grid SystemGrid System Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "Goribrin exploded and sent us all into the swamp." Terrence explains. "You got hit worse than any of us, and we're glad you survived. You were really impressive beck there, and losing you would have been disastrous. Which brings me to my next point.

"We need to start thinking about our next move. Smithselen will surely know that his toy is permanently broken, and that can't make him happy."

Grid System on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    "Goribrin exploded and sent us all into the swamp. You got hit worse than any of us."

Images flash through Cutter's head again and it all comes back to him.

"We need to start thinking about our next move. Smithselen will surely know that his toy is permanently broken, and that can't make him happy."

"Well you're the brains here, what do you propose?"

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Terrence fights a smirk at being described as "the brains", and says: "First things first, you need proper medical care. You're still alive--somehow--but I don't know how long that would last if we threw you back into the fight right away.

"While you're being seen to, we can keep looking for that freighter."

Grid System on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dustin smiles politely, and watches. He realized that taking him alive would likely be more painful than what he could do to him in killing him.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "Well you're the brains here, what do you propose?"

Alliah shoots Cutter what can best be described as a bit of a look.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    "Ne, he lost a lot of blood." Dustin says to Alliah, and then walks off.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Everyone

"I'm amazed he survived that," says Voln, mostly to himself. "I m-mean... a psychic WMD went off in his goddamn f-face, and he just gets up again?"

He pauses, and listens to the others converse.

"Uh, I guess there's medical facilities in the cruiser. We can use th-them as we're scanning for that damn freighter. And stupid question- was Goribrin unique? Or d-did Smithselen wire up more people like him?"

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    "It's impossible to know for sure until we find Smithselen and pump him for information. I'l say this much though, Stacler didn't give any indication that there was another Goribrin-level presence anywhere. I also didn't ever detect anyone like him, and I've been mindsensing around a lot lately. Someone like Goribrin tends to stand out, you know?"

Grid System on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Everyone

Voln visibly relaxes. "Yeah. Yeah, glad to h-hear it." It's understandable: to a highly resilient close-combat expert, an absurdly powerful telekinetic posed a bigger threat than most anything else.

"I'd always been t-told that implants and psionics didn't mix. I mean, sure, the guy exploded, but th-this is bleeding-edge shit. I don't like thinking who else Smithselen has been working on. Or what."

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Dustin doesn't seem particularly interested in the post combat banter. The Gibson already provided him with a summary of his combat performance, and the others for good measure. What he did care about, however was what lay ahead.

He tried to call to mind the internal layout of the freighter, and any other information that would allow him to infiltrate it proper. Naturally, he'd have to compensate for the freighters of men he'd be bringing with him somehow…

Used intelligence + gibson assistance for this roll. I think it may be analysis but I'm not sure:

Overhead Map: 1d20+7 → [17,7] = (24)

tastydonuts on