Options

How can I play FFXII International

italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Games and Technology
I know I'm way late to this show, but it's finally time for me to play FFXII. As I was looking through some of the older threads, I saw that a newer vesion of the game was released in Japan. The improvements sound interesting enough, but I have a few questions.

1. It has English subtitles, menus, and text right?

2. Can I get it to work on my unmodded NA PS2? or do I need to mod it some how.

3. Where's the best place to buy it?

Thanks in advance.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
italianranma on

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't think it has English text at all. S-E stopped doing that after FFX International. It probably has English voice acting.

Most people play Japanese PS2 games on a Japanese PS2. I dunno if a modchip would work.

Not sure.

You could forget International and pick up vanilla FFXII for like $20. Then if you REALLY REALLY like it, go ahead and drop the big bucks on International and the gear to play it. Just a suggestion.

Renzo on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, seriously, just get regular FFXII. Except for the revamped ability system, it's exactly the same, only completely in English.

The old system worked fine for the rest of us, after all. :P

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    If you absolutely must play the international version though, you don't need to mod the system. Just get a Swap Magic "set". There's a different one for the slim and fat models of PS2 though. The slim is something like a spring to keep it from closing and reseting, like the way you could trick the PS1. The fat one requires you to take the front cover of the disc tray off and you slide a piece of plastic underneath and hook the tray to pull it out.

Gilder on