As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Importing a DVD

GuffreyGuffrey Registered User regular
edited March 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Or more specifically, Run Fat Boy Run. I've seen it twice now, and absolutely love it. I heard it has already been released in the UK, so I went to UK Amazon, and found out I could get it shipped here for just under twenty bucks. But before I would do it, I wanted to check to see if anyone here has any experiance doing something similar.

The first few questions that pop into my mind: I assume I would make the transaction just like normal, the price would be converted automatically, the the right amount of dollars taken from my account? Essentially, do I have to do anything special since Im buying in a different currency? Secondly, would I experiance any trouble playing the DVD on my player? I am only vaguely aware of the region relation between a DVD and player. Finally, while I realize no one probably knows for sure, would there be any major differences? I can't imagine there would be, but I've heard of videogames in different countries having different content, so I thought I'd check. Thanks for any and all help.

Guffrey on

• Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The US is region 1, the UK is region 2 (for some reason I thought Canada and France were in our region, but after checking wikipedia I seem to be wrong about France). Most stand alone players are set for whatever region that they were sold in and will refuse to play in a player from a different region. Some computer DVD drives are set to a specific region, some are not. Some ask you what region they are when you play a disc for the first time and will let you change the region 5? (iirc) times before locking you out.

There are very easy ways to get around this on a PC. There are also ways to get around this on many home players. I'm not sure how kosher it is to tell you those, so I'll leave that to someone more informed ;)

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
  • Options
    GuffreyGuffrey Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    haha well thanks for your help. I may have to check into these things.

Guffrey on