As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

About Power Supply for EVAN 8800GTS

firekiunfirekiun Registered User regular
I recently just build my PC Intel Duo Core 2 2.33MhZ with this graphic card EVGA 8800 GTS . I noticed that the power supplies that I brought doesn't have enough AMP on the +12V rail, mine is only 420 WATT and 20 AMP on +12V rail, where the graphic card itself minimum requirement is 400 WATT and 26 AMp on the +12V rail.

So I brought this power supplies as replacement HEC HP585W. The description said that it has 2 +12V rail which is +12V1@19A,+12V2@20A. I stupidly brought it without doing any research, and after some research I found out that some manufactures will fake the dual rail in +12V, the combined +12V amp will vary, or even that the dual rail is for CPU only and only do 1 rail on the graphic card.

Is there anyone using the this power supplies with a power hunger card? After all the reading I started to get very worry, yes I could return it and put more bucks to buy a more expensive one, but I kind of out of budget already and the shipping fee + restocking fee will hurt my budget really bad.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

PSN ID : Kiunch

I play Blazblue, Soul Calibur 4, Street Fighter 4 and soon Tekken 6... yeah... so add me if you want to play any of those.
firekiun on