As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ze nipples!

muninnmuninn Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, I have been having a rather presistent (over 2 months?) itch under my left nipple. There seems to be a small, slightly darker and slightly "bumpy"/infalmed region under the areola that seems to be the problem. Now I am a bit on a heavy side, so I assumed it was due to excess fat and all that, but since its only one nipple thats affected, I am thinking it might be something else. Its quite noticable when I am idle, which can be maddening.
And while I know I shouldnt seek medical advice on the internets, and I will mention this next time I see a doctor, I am curious if anyone else had anything like that happen to them.
Oh, and I am a male in late 20s.

muninn on

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Is the skin itchy because it's a bit dry and scaly/flaking? Your age and your description of the symptoms makes it sound a lot like eczema of the nipple/areola. Try using some kind of moisturizer on it, maybe get some antihistamins, don't scratch it and definitely don't use any soap or other detergents on the area and see if it gets better. Then show it to a doctor, and don't wait another two months to do it because you do want to rule out the big C as early as possible (as vanishingly unlikely as it is for a male of your age).

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Actually, hit the doc now. If it was an allergen, it would come and go, and if it was an inflamed hair follicle it would have probably burst by now. That leaves infected sweat gland or something similar, benign growth, and right at the top of the list, skin cancer. The areas where one type of skin shifts into another are prime sites for that, so don't fuck around.

Sarcastro on