Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

In need of a good .ASP Book

OricalmOricalm MDRegistered User regular
edited April 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Alright guys, I'm in need of some help. Currently at my work we do all our developement in Coldfusion, but a couple of the new servers and applications our main systems component is getting will be "better suited" to working with ASP. By which of course, I mean it won't have the CF server loaded on them. As such, I've been given the task to "wing it" since I've pretty much learned PHP, CF, AJAX, All manners of scripting and other assorted things on my own. (the joys of not having a training budget). It helps that my background is a Com Sci Major and haven't been out of college for too long. Regardless, I was wondering if anyone out there could recommend to me some good reference books/material for .ASP. Thanks!

Xbox Live: Oricalm
Oricalm on

• GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I assume you mean ASP .NET and not classic ASP (if you do have to use Classic, then god help you).

I highly recommend the Apress books, I have Pro ASP .NET 3.5 on my desk right now and it's great. They have more introductory books as well if you're still new to some of the concepts in ASP .NET.

Ganluan on
  • OricalmOricalm MDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yes, ASP .Net (I wasn't actually aware there was a non .Net ASP).
    I'll look into those though. I should be alright with concepts, unless there's some wierd ass quirk to it (Which wouldn't surprise me).

Thanks for the help! :)

Oricalm on
    Xbox Live: Oricalm