Options

Sound system question

contrabandcontraband Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello! I know very little about home audio equipment.

I'm moving into new living conditions soon, and that means a new sound setup. I have to work with, potentially, a pair of stereo speakers, a turntable, a TV, and a laptop (MacBook Pro). I will get an appropriate kind of receiver once I'm sure of the model. What I'd like to do:

Ideally, I'd like the speakers, receiver, TV, and turntable to exist in the common area. Those devices are to be listened to through the speakers. Additionally, I would like to be able to stream music wirelessly from my laptop to be played through the speakers. Is that possible? What kind of wireless adapter would I have to get? Am I correct in assuming I would have to choose what input I would be listening to on the receiver? Are there any catches I'm missing? Thank you!

sigxw0.jpg
contraband on

• Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    As far as the streaming goes I love my AirTunes http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/

I currently hook my airtunes to my receiver and then run it through my system, using iTunes to control my music. You do have to pick the right inputs, but it's not too tricky to do (one button).

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg