Options

Green Tortoise Hostel: Party PARTY ON! $230 raised!!

• Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Blain wrote: »
    Eh, why not.

I'm a giver.

That's just a joke on your avatar, right? o_O

That and I made a donation..

I remember you from last year, though our conversation was brief. Can't wait til next Friday! WOO!

You do? Were you drinking jager and Mt. Dew?

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    nephthys wrote: »
    Buttons are now in existence!
    greentortoisebuttonske9.jpg

Very nice nephthys. I will wear it with pride.

Blain on
  • Options
    theilantheilan Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Hey all, I just discovered there are FORUMS!!! I feel way out of touch. I'm going to PAX solo b/c the gf doesn't play games and all my friends are broke, so I'll see you all at the GT next week! I'm flying in Wednesday to tour Seattle, so if anyone wants to do the touristy with me Wednesday afternoon - Thursday, feel free to send me a PM. I stole United Airlines' "Three Days in Seattle" guide out of the in-flight magazine and will be following some suggestions there until I find more interesting things when I arrive.

And I'll chip in a few more bucks to the beer party too! See you all next week! :D

theilan on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Awesome! We are up to $96.38. Just a little bit more to go. You all rock my socks off.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    super...super... __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    I JUST CANCELED MY BED! so call quick if you want a cheap bed

super... on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    We are officially at less than a week to go until PARTY TEIM! We are almost 3/4 of the way there. Keep the donations coming in all. I almost can't wait. This is shaping up to be the best PAX EVAR!

That_Guy on
  • Options
    hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Blain wrote: »
    Eh, why not.

I'm a giver.

That's just a joke on your avatar, right? o_O

That and I made a donation..

I remember you from last year, though our conversation was brief. Can't wait til next Friday! WOO!

You do? Were you drinking jager and Mt. Dew?

Yeah amongst other things
    1253720919_78854e6231.jpg

Here I am:

1254585174_2b14c18020.jpg

hamburger helper on
    statimg.php?id=280&theme=1
  • Options
    hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hi Everyone!

The keg plans are finalized and we'll see you all there Friday! I'll be stamping people and checking IDs for the hostel alongside Nathan. All proceeds go to Child's Play, so tip nicely when you see the donation box at the keg... of course you don't have to, but you wouldn't steal from charity would you?

Cheers!

- Ryan

hamburger helper on
    statimg.php?id=280&theme=1
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Could it be? Just 2 days until PAX and our party? It is indeed true. The party is going to kick off at around 8ish until the beer is gone. I do want to make sure someone is bringing Rock Band. If not, I will have music ready. Can't wait to see you all there.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    Omega PsylockeOmega Psylocke Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey, I just called GT to book for Wednesday & they said the party on Friday is a costume party...I didn't see that info anywhere in the forum...I guess I just wanted to make sure everyone else was aware it was a costume party

Omega Psylocke on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Holy third page Batman. Just 2 more days to go. I was in Seattle for an interview a few blocks from GT, so I decided to walk in to see what it was like. The main reading/laptop room was a little smaller than I expected, but a good size none the less. It is on the 2nd floor of the building. I am not looking forward to trying to get those kegs up those stairs D:D:, but with some help I should be able to manage. I really look forward to seeing you all there come Thursday/Friday. I still want to double check that someone is bringing Rock Band, please.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    elilasolelilasol Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Rock Band, A ps2, and a 360. Also the majority of the DLC(- 5 or so songs.). Also a mic or two. The guitars/drums will have to be brought by other people, but people earlier in the thread did volunteer that when I spoke up. (In fact for the PS2, Alanna has confirmed she?, he? i can never tell on the internets, will be bringing a bunch of GH stuff for it(I wanted to play some GH1))

If nothing else I'm sure there's an electronics store in the area that we can pick up a couple guitars/a drum set. I wouldn't be able to take them back home with me though, so if that is what we must do I will end up donating them to whoever wants them when we're done.

elilasol on
  • Options
    That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Damn PAX is so close.

Just making sure, the whole keg party/rockband stuff/ect will be in the main area and not the sleeping area right? While I love to party down with everyone else, it's not good for me to function on 3 hrs of sleep (meds suck).

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • Options
    magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or just a pillow or what?

magiic on
  • Options
    nephthysnephthys Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    elilasol wrote: »
    (In fact for the PS2, Alanna has confirmed she?, he? i can never tell on the internets, will be bringing a bunch of GH stuff for it(I wanted to play some GH1))

Yep, I am bringing all my GH stuff =DDD (And it is she ^^) I might not be there for much of the party though... I had planned on going to the PAX concerts that night. And as fantastic as I believe all you people are, I'll be locking up my electronics whenever I'm not in the dorm.

Anyways, great organization for the party That_Guy and hamburger helper. This GT group sounds like it is going to be so amazing. See you all soon!!

nephthys on
  • Options
    Omega DeadOmega Dead Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Me and my wife arrived a little earlier today. We are at the open mic session they have here...it seems like a nice crowd. Waiting for the rest of you guys to get here. We have a couple Ds's and a Dreamcast and are ready to game. We have a room on the second floor.

Omega Dead on
  • Options
    theilantheilan Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    I arrived today too, and two guys from Utah are in my room on the 2nd floor and are also going to PAX on Friday. I'm doing the touristy thing tomorrow, but if anyone sees this and is going to the Pre-Pax dinner at the Naval Reserve, give me a call at three one oh nine two five one seven oh one and maybe we can go together? I came to PAX by myself and would love for company!

theilan on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    After dropping off the kegs I will make my way over to the pre-PAX dinner as well. Be on the look out for a nice suit and red tie. That will be me. I figure, I just got the damn thing dry cleaned, I want to get SOME mileage out of it before I let it sit in my room collecting dust for another 6-8 months.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    That_Guy wrote: »
    After dropping off the kegs I will make my way over to the pre-PAX dinner as well. Be on the look out for a nice suit and red tie. That will be me. I figure, I just got the damn thing dry cleaned, I want to get SOME mileage out of it before I let it sit in my room collecting dust for another 6-8 months.

This will be awesome. When I see a nice-suited red-tied man, I'm going to run up to him and say "Hey!! Are you that guy?"

It might possibly be even more awesome if he turns out not to be you XD

nephthys on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It WOULD be more amusing if it weren't that guy! I plan on doing this too, but it looks like I wont be getting into seattle till 11 pm or so on thursday.

elilasol on
  • Options
    majin23xmajin23x Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I love how no one ever confirms what you need to be bringing with you as far as sleeping stuff.
    Here's what I've gathered so far.

I'm fairly sure you do not need to bring a pillow.
    I know you do not need to bring sleeping bag/blankets.
    Do bring a towel, or rent one from them for $1.
    Do bring your own soap/shampoo.
    Do bring a padlock if you want to keep your stuff safe.

majin23x on
    **Still Undefeated at Jenga!**
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yay! I am here at GT, exhausted from my super early flight.

So if you see this weirdo, it's me:
    n132500920_30266938_8615.jpg
    Though my hair's longer now.

Anyways, now that I am here I can confirm that you don't need to bring a pillow (unless you want more than one pillow I guess). Same for blankets, etc. Each bed has a little fan, little lamp, curtains, and a large locker under the bed. The weather at the moment is overcast and cool and might even rain.

Ask me if you want a GT button! =D

nephthys on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I feel like I'm forgetting something, but the taxi is here to take me to the train. I am off on my journey!

Edit, back home with the taxi~! I did forget something... My PAX badge!

elilasol on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I am getting ready right now. I should be heading down there in a couple of hours. I hope some people will be around to help with the kegs.

Nephthys, is there an elevator by any chance? I didn't see one when I was there yesterday, but I might have missed it.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Also, I am going to the liquor store in a little while before I pick up the kegs. If anyone wants me to pick up something, I would be happy to. I do expect repayment, though, lol.

EDIT: I am leaving. Hit me on AIM if you want something.

EDIT EDIT:KEGS GET!!!!!

I also got a bottle of Stoli Vodka, a bottle of sake, and a small bottle of Jack.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    Dr. HobbesDr. Hobbes Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Me and my friend have been here since last sunday. We were at the open mic last night, two guys drinking wine at the table with the open mic sign-up list if you remember. It's been amazing so far and it's shaping up to get even better.

Dr. Hobbes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2of12ad0.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Nephthys, is there an elevator by any chance? I didn't see one when I was there yesterday, but I might have missed it.

Eeep, no, just millions and millions of STAIRS D:

nephthys on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I just showed up. Are you still here nephthys? I am wearing the transformers shirt in the computer area.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    Omega PsylockeOmega Psylocke Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey everyone! Here's a pic of me & my husband. We're @ GT so if you see us say heeey
    l_8976536f7039b391570c8cb01e4fb2e9.jpg

Omega Psylocke on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I can't wait for the party tomorrow night. See you all there. If anyone is in the common area, come over and say Hi. I am sitting on the comfy chair with my lappy and a transformers t-shirt.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I can't wait for the party tomorrow night. See you all there. If anyone is in the common area, come over and say Hi. I am sitting on the comfy chair with my lappy and a transformers t-shirt.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, you're THAT guy...

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I have at last arrived. After many trials I have reached the green tortoise unharmed. I also met quite a few interesting people on the way, completely making up for the 3 hour delay. I will sleep now and meet you people in the morning

elilasol on
  • Options
    magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Im sitting in my bed right now at the Green Tortoise lol

magiic on
  • Options
    DorkaliciousDorkalicious Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Did I miss the party? I've been super tired (flew cross-country from DC) and I'm still stuck on EST! So, I'm up and wide awake at 3 in the morning.. ..eekk... My boyfriend and I are here hopefully we'll be back to normal starting today.

Dorkalicious on
  • Options
    That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm wearing a Super Mario Bro. shirt, brown shorts and glasses. So if you see me, flag me down! ( I don't bite...much)

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    sitting in the common room. Waiting for a phone call from a friend. I'm eating subway and wearing the PA hoodie. If anyone wants some company I'm down here!

elilasol on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
  • Options
    AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Aw, shit! I missed it! :p All I did was go home and go to sleep... how boring!

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I checked out a little while ago from GT. I have to say that the place really kicks ass. This was the first time I have ever stayed in a hostel, but it was everything I hoped for and more. I got to meet a lot of new people and pal around. The party was awesome, and my Wii was a hit! We even had someone go out and buy Rock Band for us. Hell, I ended up having more fun at the hostel that PAX itself.

The lines at PAX were really bad this year. It brought me back to 06 where one would have to wait for a really long time to do just about anything. All in all, it was fun, though.

Thanks to you all for making this an awesome weekend. My hat is off to you.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    Omega DeadOmega Dead Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    yea my hat goes off to the green tortoise. I think it definitely made the whole pax experience complete. I met some of the coolest people and hopefully I'll get to do it all again next year.

Omega Dead on
This discussion has been closed.