As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My soul still burns after my date with Ivy. Soul Calibur 1 on X-box Live!

ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
edited April 2008 in Games and Technology
If you missed it on the DC you now have 1 more shot to play one of the best games to ever hit any system ever.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6189383.html
DC Soulcalibur swings onto XBLA
Critically acclaimed Dreamcast fighting game headed for downloadable debut courtesy of Namco Bandai.

The Dreamcast may be gone and in some cases forgotten, but the standout star of its launch is about to get a new lease on life. Namco Bandai today announced that Soulcalibur would make a Cervantes-like return to life this summer as a downloadable title on the Xbox Live Arcade.

New features for the XBLA edition of Soulcalibur will include the expected high-definition graphics and assortment of character- and mode-specific leaderboards. Unfortunately, cross-continental swordfights appear to be limited to the upcoming online-enabled Soulcalibur IV set for a July 29 release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3), as Namco Bandai promised only that players could "challenge a friend in local-play Versus mode." Other modes include fighting genre staples like Arcade, Training, and Survival.

I'm a bit sad as there is no mention of the Mission/adventure mode. Hopefully that is a oversight in the article and it is in the final version. Also I don't really see any reason not to include on-line play in this version as well.

Still even without those this game is so bought when it comes out.

Artoria on

• Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    All my... Yeah

Mr Bubbles on
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    dragonsama wrote: »
    I'm a bit sad as there is no mention of the Mission/adventure mode. Hopefully that is a oversight in the article and it is in the final version. Also I don't really see any reason not to include on-line play in this version as well.

So people still have a reason to buy SCIV?

Atlus Parker on
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    dragonsama wrote: »

So people still have a reason to buy SCIV?

That was a good one, also they need to release soul edge although I'm sure it hasn't aged well, 3d fighters rarely do...

Dixon on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'd guess the reason they wouldn't do online multiplayer is because whenever anyone else does that (for any game, ever), all you see is complaints about lag and failure. They'd probably like to sidestep that issue by cutting out the offender.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have to admit I'm more excited about this than SC4. $60 for a brand new Soul Calibur game? Meh, I'm not that big a fan. $10 (I'm assuming) for an enhanced version of the original Soul Calibur to put on my system's hard drive for a quick game whenever I feel like it without the hassle of finding the disk? I'm all over that.

RainbowDespair on
  • CriptCript Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    I'd guess the reason they wouldn't do online multiplayer is because whenever anyone else does that (for any game, Except Virtua fighter 5), all you see is complaints about lag and failure. They'd probably like to sidestep that issue by cutting out the offender.

FTFY.

But I do agree. Namco can't create decent netcode to save their lives. I would rather them leave it out and focus on making it a perfect port.

Cript on
    Dirty+RNA.png