As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MB temp higher than CPU (weird - or is it?)

GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
edited April 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Yeah, so the past 2 days I've noticed that my MB temp is consistantly higher than my CPU temp... which has never happened before (built this comp like 3 years ago?), so I'm curious what you guys think might be happening / is it normal / etc

For reference, the CPU's at 27 C, MB 31 C right now (basically idle), last night it was up to 44/47 running Tabula Rasa, which seemed a bit hotter than it usually runs (it's an oldish P4 3.2 ghz non-oc'ed)

Gdiguy on

• Options
    cyphrcyphr Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    One of the fans in the case (or on the mobo itself, if you have a northbridge fan or something) might be spinning slower or have stopped because of dust or what not. If you're concerned, just pop open the case and take a looksie.

Honestly though, I wouldn't be worried at the moment if I were you. Those are very safe temperatures even under load, and a CPU idling at 27C is fantastic. Monitor it for a week or two and see if the temps go up any.

cyphr on
    steam_sig.png