As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wendy's Bought by Arby's: Let's Talk Burger Joints

167891012»

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    One of the local ones here has the big screen TVs and what I would describe as a lounge area, but it's normal tables and benches, just looks nicer.

It's actually pretty neat. Kind of like how the new Taco Bell facades/insides make them look a lot nicer.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    There is not a Sonic Burger anywhere near where I live and the last time I ate at one was almost 8 years ago. The experience stays with me today.

Relatively expensive though they were, I absolutely loved nearly everything on the Wendy's value menu and I shall make sure to have as many Baconators as I can before this hallowed branch makes the crossover. And I always liked Checkers/Rally's fries anyway, no big loss there.

Sonic plays ads all the time, and the closest one is about 90 miles away. We love their drinks, so seeing the ads absolutely kills us.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    Maybe they should transplant some of the ones from around Omaha to you. We have like a kajillion and I never see cars in them. Ever.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    As far as I know In N' Out has never existed that far out east. Like, as far as I know they have only ever operated California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah.

Wiki seems to agree with me, you sure there was an In N' Out there?

I'll repeat, from back on one of the early pages: there are a ton of one-off and local-chain "In-N-Out" burger joints. These are not necessarily the same as "the" In-N-Out that only recently expanded outside of California (and maybe Nevada). Same way I remember seeing an In-N-Out Burger up in Livingston, Montana. It's just the same name.

I don't know how they necessarily get away with it, as I'd think the "real" chain would enforce their trademarks. But I guess not.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    SilvoculousSilvoculous Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Sonic plays ads all the time, and the closest one is about 90 miles away. We love their drinks, so seeing the ads absolutely kills us.

That is their aim.

Culver's is wonderful and there's always one nearby whenever I go on vacation. Give me a couple of Butterburgers and and the TV remote and I'm in heaven. And there's the novelty of custard as well.

Silvoculous on
  • Options
    RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ah yes, this thread is still alive. I would like to say that I tried Wendy's Fries in a Chocolate Frosty yesterday for the first time and the the person that suggested it, I hope you die. In a fire.

Worst taste ever.

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Raggaholic wrote: »
    Ah yes, this thread is still alive. I would like to say that I tried Wendy's Fries in a Chocolate Frosty yesterday for the first time and the the person that suggested it, I hope you die. In a fire.

Worst taste ever.

Why, WHY would you ever listened to someone who suggested that?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    KatholicKatholic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Kagera wrote: »

Worst taste ever.

Why, WHY would you ever listened to someone who suggested that?

Its popular.

Katholic on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I love it.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I know this is a couple of pages late, but the "new" brown Starbucks logo isn't new at all but was their original one from their original place at Pike Place in Seattle. They've been using it to advertise their (surprisingly good) new coffee, Pike Place roast.

Seriously, I hate Starbucks' normal drip coffee, but Pike Place is soooooooo goood. I want to get one just thinking about it but I'm broke until I get paid.

EDIT: Of course this is top of the page. *sigh*

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I know this is a couple of pages late, but the "new" brown Starbucks logo isn't new at all but was their original one from their original place at Pike Place in Seattle. They've been using it to advertise their (surprisingly good) new coffee, Pike Place roast.

Seriously, I hate Starbucks' normal drip coffee, but Pike Place is soooooooo goood. I want to get one just thinking about it but I'm broke until I get paid.

EDIT: Of course this is top of the page. *sigh*

It's an altered form of the original.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I swear, most customers haven't even noticed that we changed our coffee at all.

If anything we hear neither nothing or complaints, mainly complaints about the lack of variety in the coffee that we offer now.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Worst taste ever.

French fries and ice cream make a workable combination because the salt of the fries brings out the sweetness of the ice cream.

But Frosty's are way too rich for me to eat normally. I had a coupon for a free one once, and could barely take a few tablespoons worth.

Schrodinger on