As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Family if Crazier than Yours...

• Options
    SephSeph Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    isn't that how you summon mary poppins
    or beetlegeuse or candyman

it's one of em

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Seph wrote: »
    isn't that how you summon mary poppins
    or beetlegeuse or candyman

it's one of em

Actually, it's how you summon CandleJa

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    LeliLeli __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Leli wrote: »
    Yay for bump. So dudes. My mom tried to kill herself last night. She's at the hospital right now, and she's gonna get evaluated this morning and they're all gonna find out how batshit insane she is.

Oh hell's bells, that sucks. Why would she do such a thing?

She tried to lie about it too. They have your bloodwork, mother. They know how much you took.

Leli on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yay for bump. So dudes. My mom tried to kill herself last night. She's at the hospital right now, and she's gonna get evaluated this morning and they're all gonna find out how batshit insane she is.

She tried to lie about it too. They have your bloodwork, mother. They know how much you took.

So, hey. Massive e-hugs.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Hope this translates into her getting some sort of beneficial treatment and ends up being positive in the end.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I don't think there is a cure for crazy

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    RedTide wrote: »

Hope this translates into her getting some sort of beneficial treatment and ends up being positive in the end.
    I hope this, too. :(

Janson on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    I don't think there is a cure for crazy

Then why do you keep asking your doctor to prescribe you a deep dicking?

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I've actually been given the cure to my specific brand of crazy

took it for a year, crazy went away

I'm now a ( sort of, kinda ) well adjusted individual

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Janson wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I'm looking forward to. I'm pretty sure they're gonna prescribe her something for her crazies. The stupid thing about it is, it's just a big fucking temper tantrum. When she doesn't get her way, she throws these huge temper tantrums. That's just how it's always been with her. As of late though, people haven't been giving in to her because they've realized it, so she took it to the next level. She purposely waited for people to be around to do it, so I'm pretty sure she didn't really want to die.

Leli on
  • Options
    KingAgamemnonKingAgamemnon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Yeah, that's what I'm looking forward to. I'm pretty sure they're gonna prescribe her something for her crazies. The stupid thing about it is, it's just a big fucking temper tantrum. When she doesn't get her way, she throws these huge temper tantrums. That's just how it's always been with her. As of late though, people haven't been giving in to her because they've realized it, so she took it to the next level. She purposely waited for people to be around to do it, so I'm pretty sure she didn't really want to die.

Your mom didn't turn crazy in a vacuum. I don't know how much you blame her for your childhood, but, her own childhood was probably just as bad or worse. That doesn't mean she gets a free pass for being a bad mother, it just kind of puts things in perspective.

I had this epiphany about my own parents around 18, now, we don't talk or are very close, but, I don't actively hate them anymore.

I don't want to sound like an ass, but, you are a child of your mother. So, you need to be extra aware of how you behave and more importantly why you do things, so you don't end up like her.

Or, at least, that is what I do.

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    victims victimizing victims

a bloo bloo bloo

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    yeah yeah yeah

I don't cry about it, just stating it.

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Your mom didn't turn crazy in a vacuum. I don't know how much you blame her for your childhood, but, her own childhood was probably just as bad or worse. That doesn't mean she gets a free pass for being a bad mother, it just kind of puts things in perspective.

I had this epiphany about my own parents around 18, now, we don't talk or are very close, but, I don't actively hate them anymore.

I don't want to sound like an ass, but, you are a child of your mother. So, you need to be extra aware of how you behave and more importantly why you do things, so you don't end up like her.

I already know about her childhood. Things weren't perfect for her either, but she also makes shit up so people will feel sorry for her. She told me that she lived with my grandma her entire childhood, working like a slave and got beat whenever she didn't. I found about later that she only lived with my grandma for like 2 years, because her aunt took her in and spoiled her fucking rotten.

Not to mention I am fully aware that I am her child, as well as the fact that I'm probably just as fucking batshit insane. The woman threw tantrums every other fucking night and tried to break my legs, you really think that I'm not going to be like, "Oh hey, maybe it's fucking hereditary and I'm going to turn out just like her?" Thanks for the pro-tip there.

Leli on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I basically hate my brothers and sisters because they all seem to lack the most basic of common sense.

Parents are okay though, besides being almost ridiculously conservative Christians.

still doesn't keep me from wishin' I was old enough to get my own place, though. Just for peace and quiet.

man, compared to Leli's crappy family life, mine seems, well, not quite so crappy I guess.

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I already know about her childhood. Things weren't perfect for her either, but she also makes shit up so people will feel sorry for her. She told me that she lived with my grandma her entire childhood, working like a slave and got beat whenever she didn't. I found about later that she only lived with my grandma for like 2 years, because her aunt took her in and spoiled her fucking rotten.

Not to mention I am fully aware that I am her child, as well as the fact that I'm probably just as fucking batshit insane. The woman threw tantrums every other fucking night and tried to break my legs, you really think that I'm not going to be like, "Oh hey, maybe it's fucking hereditary and I'm going to turn out just like her?" Thanks for the pro-tip there.

allright, point taken

I hope your mom gets help.

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    NerindilNerindil Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, hey, why not.

My dad is a terrific guy. Honest, honorable, upstanding, funny, loving, long suffering, all that good stuff. Also, he was a Green Beret, so he has a fuck-ton of awesome stories.

My step-mom, while she has her issues (depression, mainly), is a great person. We were best friends when I was younger and she taught me alto.

My real mom is too good of a person for this world. She is kind, loving and caring to a fault. I love her and would do anything for her.

The crazy person in my family? Me. Or at least I was.

Near as I could figure, it was generic pubescent stupidity (no one understands me abloo bloo bloo) mixed with the ADD and depression meds I was taking (I don't think I actually have ADD, but my mom did, whole other story). I started getting angry. Like really angry. Like, I black out and come to and I and people around me are hurt. This was from 6th-8th grade when I was living with my mom. By the end of my 8th grade year I had been arrested a couple of times and had almost killed my mom over stupid random bullshit (I don't remember the specifics, but it was stupid, I'm sure). So, I got shipped off to NC to live with my dad. It took me a few years but I finally stopped being a prick. I'm now really mellow, I go to visit my mom all the time and call her at least twice a week, blah blah blah. I still feel terrible for all the things I did (and, with any luck, will for the rest of my life, because lord knows I deserve to) but I have emerged mostly intact and with a pretty cool family, too.

tl;dr: My family is awesome, I used to me a woman beating douche but I'm an alright guy now.

Edit: Fixed spelling.

Nerindil on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    beret

Unless he was a green Barret .50 cal sniper system or something

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Dude, you actually beat your mom?

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Dude, you actually beat your mom?

I'm afraid so, yes. And not just beat, damn near killed.

There are no words for how bad I feel about this. We have made peace (because, as I said before, my mom is second only to Mother Theresa in kindness) but I still really hate myself about it. I was the worst person, back then.

Nerindil on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    How did your dad react?

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    How did your dad react?

They are divorced. I was living with just her.

That said, he was not pleased. Many very heated phone calls.

Nerindil on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I was aware of the situation, I just thought he might have payed you back in kind.

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited May 2008
    Were you on Adderall at the time, Nerin?

I've never been so fucking pissed as when I was depressed and also on Adderall

Even the tiniest annoyance would make me want to strangle people

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I was aware of the situation, I just thought he might have payed you back in kind.

Oh, I see. No, he's really not like that, I guess. Would not have blamed him, though.

If he had been right there when it was happening... he might have. Don't know.
    Were you on Adderall at the time, Nerin?

I've never been so fucking pissed as when I was depressed and also on Adderall

Even the tiniest annoyance would make me want to strangle people

Adderall and then later Welbutrin and a third I don't remember. I probably should be on meds for depression now but I just don't really trust them anymore. I just deal with it. If it ever gets more severe, I might consider but... I just don't wanna go back to that.

Nerindil on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Mom keeps trying to get me to go out to my father's and I keep ignoring her, which isn't going so well
    Too bad. I haven't gotten along with the guy in years
    And my grandmother is just as bad as he is.
    There's a line in The Ref about getting the grandmother "...a big wooden cross, so every time you feel unappreciated for all your sacrifices, you can climb on up and nail yourself to it."
    That's my grandmother, right there.
    If you can ever find a way to avoid getting in a shouting match with yours, I highly recommend it

Me Too! on
  • Options
    yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    the worlds a shitty place and i cant wait 2 die

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    the worlds a shitty place and i cant wait 2 die

Why wait!

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    i cant

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    it only hurts for a few seconds, then your limbs go numb, finally peace

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    how

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    i don't have a beard

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    it's ok, the judges will allow it

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    ImperialwarImperialwar Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Holy Hell! I think this thread has just screwed me up for the rest of my life.

Imperialwar on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mission Accomplished.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    6_22_bush_mission_banner1.jpg

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    I am the fourth child from my parents and i've never met my other three siblings.

Urian on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Look at my threads

You'll see what my family is like

You'll all see

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular