As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Live problem

Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I have had this issue befire but since the release of GTA it has been really getting to me. I cannot join a game online with certain friends in my party. I have about 5 guys on my friends list that I can go to the party lobby but when we try and join a game it drops me saying that " the connection to a player in your party was lost. " and drops me into single player. I have this issue in COD4 also with the same friens where I can't exept invites from them ( will not let me connect ) but we can be in the same party if a 3rd party not affected host the game and invites us. My NAT is set to open & they required ports are open & upnp is enabled. Any help would be appreciated.

PSN: Canadian_llama
Disco11 on

• RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Try doing a trace route to their ip to check the hops. Chances are you will see something. This is all I can think of since I'm not too familiar with networking.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Try doing a trace route to their ip to check the hops. Chances are you will see something. This is all I can think of since I'm not too familiar with networking.
    Hmmm.... That sounds like great advise but could you repeat that in english ? No idea what your talking about. I know you can use Hops to make beer that's about it.

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traceroute

This just gives you basic idea of what it is and what it does.

I was thinking that you're gonna see how your connection is trying to reach him and find out where it dies. If you're able to get through to him on a traceroute then the problem is probably with xboxlive.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png