As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Roland v-drum question

King NadaKing Nada Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
If I can get this electronic drumset for roughly 1k - is it a good deal?

Roland TD-6SXT

King Nada on

• Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, yes and no. It depends what you are looking for.

I personally have the TD-20 set-up.

If you are looking for a fun electric kit, then yea, you'll enjoy this. Just keep in mind that in that price range there is a LOT of competition.

If you are looking for an acoustic replacement, than this will leave you fairly unsatisfied, and so will anything in that price range.

Basically, there are a ton of electric sets that will fill the "I need to play drums" void. In my opinion, there is only one set (TD-20) that gets the closest to filling the "I need to play an acoustic set" void.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    King NadaKing Nada Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Are you talking about the feel of the drums themselves or the available sounds from the td-20 brain?

ninjaedit - one of the reasons I'm very interested in the set I found is it's the cheapest all mesh head set I've seen. Also - I'm just getting into drumming but I wouldn't be able to use an accoustic in my apartment but I don't want to get a lower end electronic set and be disappointed with it before I get much use out of it.

King Nada on