Options

[CoH/CoV] Arg, these tights are [chat]ing me.

145791063

Posts

  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Is the closest thing to dragon wings, the devil wings that you get as a veteran?
    There are draconic wings.
    Pics of wings:
    http://cityofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Wings

    see317 on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Harrier wrote: »
    I'm still not able to get into the damn game. Specifically, I keep getting 'debug assertion failed' error messages right out of the gate.

    All I can really say is try contacting support.

    Gear Girl on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, I'm just going to reinstall the damn client.

    Question, though: if I created a character in a trial account, say, more than half a year ago, will I still have access to that character through a newly reactivated, paid-for account? I wound up using the same PlayNC account, so it should just be a matter of remembering the password, right?

    Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    New patch to test. Amongst other things:
    • Increased Target cap for AoE control powers for Dominators from 10 to 16 to be comparable to controllers.

    Hot damn!

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Harrier wrote: »
    Well, I'm just going to reinstall the damn client.

    Question, though: if I created a character in a trial account, say, more than half a year ago, will I still have access to that character through a newly reactivated, paid-for account? I wound up using the same PlayNC account, so it should just be a matter of remembering the password, right?

    If you used "upgrade account" instead of creating a new CoH Account, you should be able to get at your characters. Keep in mind that PlayNC Accounts are master accounts, and you could conceivably have more than one CoH Account within your PlayNC Account.

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    This reply from BaB, apparently confirming a player's take on future use of the Midnighters' Club, perhaps helps explain why Cimerora is a small zone with less to do than what many folks were expecting. Though a new zone with some new art, new enemy and ally group, one good TF and an infinite-mission generator isn't bad, really.

    HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

    Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That's nice to know. That thread is full of whining though.

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »
    Soo...VEATs. Did they get some random group of Freedom Corps or Longbow with a superweapon to make playing your VEAT a chore......or fuck my Kheld and work on getting a VEAT?

    They don't have any specific killer mobs unique to them, but if you ask me fighting longbow redside is enough a nemesis for any AT.

    As for quantums and voids, I don't know how often you play your Kheldian but they were nerfed a bit not too long ago. I haven't heard too many complaints about them since.
    I played mine to level 7, and every time one of those bastards shot me, I was thrown back into human form and dazed, on top of the extra damage. I could foresee this becoming chore, but I was sent to the hollows next so I was waiting on the revamp. Now I thought we were told something to the effect that the "Epic" AT would have big strengths and weaknesses.......from what I read so far I'm not seeing the VEAT's having a serious downside, it seems like they get to have fun most, if not all, of the time, while Khelds have to tap their target key a billion times at each new spawn to make sure they don't get wiped out again and again and again.....

    übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    Soo...VEATs. Did they get some random group of Freedom Corps or Longbow with a superweapon to make playing your VEAT a chore......or fuck my Kheld and work on getting a VEAT?

    They don't have any specific killer mobs unique to them, but if you ask me fighting longbow redside is enough a nemesis for any AT.

    As for quantums and voids, I don't know how often you play your Kheldian but they were nerfed a bit not too long ago. I haven't heard too many complaints about them since.
    I played mien to level 7, and everytime one of those bastards shot me, I was thrown back into human form and dazed, on top of the extra damage. I could forsee this becoming chore, but I was sent to the hollows next so I was waiting on the revamp. Now I thought we were told something to the effect that the "Epic" AT would have big strebgths and weakneses.......from what I read so far I'm not seeing the VEAT's having a serious downside, it seems like they get to have fun most, if not all, of the time, while Khelds have to tap their target key a billion times at each new spawn to make sure they don't get wiped out again and again and again.....

    I don't think the villain VEATs are going to be exceptionally strengthy, either, though. They definitely look like team players.

    My Kheld doesn't have any trouble with voids at level 23 as long as I notice them and kill them first.

    INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    Soo...VEATs. Did they get some random group of Freedom Corps or Longbow with a superweapon to make playing your VEAT a chore......or fuck my Kheld and work on getting a VEAT?

    They don't have any specific killer mobs unique to them, but if you ask me fighting longbow redside is enough a nemesis for any AT.

    As for quantums and voids, I don't know how often you play your Kheldian but they were nerfed a bit not too long ago. I haven't heard too many complaints about them since.
    I played mien to level 7, and everytime one of those bastards shot me, I was thrown back into human form and dazed, on top of the extra damage. I could forsee this becoming chore, but I was sent to the hollows next so I was waiting on the revamp. Now I thought we were told something to the effect that the "Epic" AT would have big strebgths and weakneses.......from what I read so far I'm not seeing the VEAT's having a serious downside, it seems like they get to have fun most, if not all, of the time, while Khelds have to tap their target key a billion times at each new spawn to make sure they don't get wiped out again and again and again.....
    Somewhere on these forums someone posted a keybind that would automatically target the nearest void. Don't remember who it was though, but it seems like it would be a huge help in this instance.

    see317 on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    http://cityofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Target_custom_next_%28Slash_Command%29


    target_custom_next is one of the handiest, yet least used commands in the game. I often use it to target sappers or fly around maps I don't care about looking for the named boss. Also very handy when you're going for specific hunt badges, like the capo one you need for the accolade redside.

    Narbus on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If anyone is curious the new Gun Drone (the old auto turret) is the same. All it does if follow you around and fire off its burst. They may have added one more hit on that though and lowered the recharge 40 or so seconds. It was doing around 160 damage to some demons. It is unbuffable as well.

    It's still kind of meh for a tier 9. A huge endurance cost plus the long setup time. It does still give about a 40% damage buff for 13 seconds though and seemed to not get in my way. It also did a good job finishing minions after my initial strike.

    edit:

    also

    zombiebiker.jpg

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    übergeek wrote: »
    Riale wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »
    Soo...VEATs. Did they get some random group of Freedom Corps or Longbow with a superweapon to make playing your VEAT a chore......or fuck my Kheld and work on getting a VEAT?

    They don't have any specific killer mobs unique to them, but if you ask me fighting longbow redside is enough a nemesis for any AT.

    As for quantums and voids, I don't know how often you play your Kheldian but they were nerfed a bit not too long ago. I haven't heard too many complaints about them since.
    I played mien to level 7, and everytime one of those bastards shot me, I was thrown back into human form and dazed, on top of the extra damage. I could forsee this becoming chore, but I was sent to the hollows next so I was waiting on the revamp. Now I thought we were told something to the effect that the "Epic" AT would have big strebgths and weakneses.......from what I read so far I'm not seeing the VEAT's having a serious downside, it seems like they get to have fun most, if not all, of the time, while Khelds have to tap their target key a billion times at each new spawn to make sure they don't get wiped out again and again and again.....


    Voids suck a lot at the really low levels. At medium or higher levels they aren't really a big issue.

    Edit:

    We're number Five in North America apparently Link
    MMO/PC Game Subscribers

    1.) World of Warcraft
    2.) RuneScape
    3.) Lord of the Rings Online
    4.) Final Fantasy XI
    5.) City of Heroes

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, this game looks really really fun. How is it overall? Does the fun disappear?

    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That depends on what you deem to be fun in an MMO.

    Also PM me with your email addy if you are interested in a 10 day trial.

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Arcas wrote: »
    I guess that means I can move my brute from the TV Don mission to the large nemesis mission.


    Pretty much that, except that I really hate that mission...

    Not to bring up the Invul topic again but I just want to say that I can easily farm using my SS/Inv brute which makes it good enough for me to use.

    Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, this game looks really really fun. How is it overall? Does the fun disappear?

    Yes.

    But then you come back.

    I've had my account active for 22 months out of the like four years it's been out.

    INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah CoX is more of a casual social game for me. You can never really be bad unless you are a born idiot. Just play the game with other PAers and remember to bring your comedy.


    Unless you like grinding. That's here as well if you are into it. It's just not a necessity.

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nice, new patch on test tells you under each character's name how long since you've logged them on. Should help prevent losing stuff to the 60 day market limit.

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I noticed that earlier. Saw a guy on there that hadn't been logged onto for four months. Didn't seem right to me. Who am I to question it though?

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Corvus wrote: »
    Harrier wrote: »
    Well, I'm just going to reinstall the damn client.

    Question, though: if I created a character in a trial account, say, more than half a year ago, will I still have access to that character through a newly reactivated, paid-for account? I wound up using the same PlayNC account, so it should just be a matter of remembering the password, right?

    If you used "upgrade account" instead of creating a new CoH Account, you should be able to get at your characters. Keep in mind that PlayNC Accounts are master accounts, and you could conceivably have more than one CoH Account within your PlayNC Account.
    The thing is, my old trial account does not appear to exist on my PlayNC account. All that was there before I actually bought the game (which was just a few days ago) was my free Exteel account.

    This could be because I didn't do anything with said trial account for about eight months.

    Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So I was talking with... someone... about upgrading my video card earlier today. I'm still using an ATI Radeon 9600SE from God knows when. Would this be a good purchase, or should I suck it up and get a 512 MB card?

    I'm using an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (1.82 GHz) with 1 GB of RAM right now, and it's been something like 6 years now, so I might need a full upgrade to play Starcraft 2 and Fallout 3 when they release, which I will definitely want to. Will those cards I linked above be able to handle that, or do I need to reach higher up to an 8800? (Christ, maybe I should just move this thread up to G&T.)

    hippofant on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Corvus wrote: »
    MMO/PC Game Subscribers

    1.) World of Warcraft
    2.) RuneScape
    3.) Lord of the Rings Online
    4.) Final Fantasy XI
    5.) City of Heroes


    FFXI? Really?

    There is no god.

    Accualt on
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »
    MMO/PC Game Subscribers

    1.) World of Warcraft
    2.) RuneScape
    3.) Lord of the Rings Online
    4.) Final Fantasy XI
    5.) City of Heroes


    FFXI? Really?

    There is no god.

    Fangirls

    Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It's great to see CoH up there, but the ranking methodology might be skewing things a bit. It's NPD's ranking of "units in Q1 2008". The article doesn't say what a "unit" is. I was going to guess retail boxes, but RuneScape isn't sold at retail, is it? In any event, it's still good news for CoH fans, and hopefully execs at NCSoft will see it as their investment already paying off.

    Oh, and the really interesting part of the article is that NPD found that PC online subs and digital distribution are just as big as PC retail, at about $1 billion each. Apparently they weren't really tracking the subscription/download market before. o_O So it's also good news for PC gamers.

    HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

    Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wallhitter wrote: »
    Glal wrote: »
    Wallhitter wrote: »
    Soo...VEATs. Did they get some random group of Freedom Corps or Longbow with a superweapon to make playing your VEAT a chore......or fuck my Kheld and work on getting a VEAT?
    The latter. Simply put, let me use this analogy to describe the two sides
    Two guys go to two different restaurants and order a steak.
    The first guy, Mr. Blue gets what looks like horribly burned-to-a-crisp rat with a few leaves pulled off of a tree.
    The second guy, Mr. Red, gets the most goddamn delicious-looking juicy-assed steak ever.
    It's an inelegant analogy but it GETS THE POINT ACROSS.
    Eh, not really, dude. Heroes have slightly more balanced ATs, less frustrating zones...
    YMMV. To me, hero side has shit balancing, poor zone design and dull missions. At least with Villain side once you escape Mercy you're in the clear, on hero side it feels like pulling teeth until the mid-twenties.

    Glal on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think "stalker" says a lot about balancing villain side.

    INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Glal wrote: »
    Wallhitter wrote: »
    Glal wrote: »
    Wallhitter wrote: »
    Soo...VEATs. Did they get some random group of Freedom Corps or Longbow with a superweapon to make playing your VEAT a chore......or fuck my Kheld and work on getting a VEAT?
    The latter. Simply put, let me use this analogy to describe the two sides
    Two guys go to two different restaurants and order a steak.
    The first guy, Mr. Blue gets what looks like horribly burned-to-a-crisp rat with a few leaves pulled off of a tree.
    The second guy, Mr. Red, gets the most goddamn delicious-looking juicy-assed steak ever.
    It's an inelegant analogy but it GETS THE POINT ACROSS.
    Eh, not really, dude. Heroes have slightly more balanced ATs, less frustrating zones...
    YMMV. To me, hero side has shit balancing, poor zone design and dull missions. At least with Villain side once you escape Mercy you're in the clear, on hero side it feels like pulling teeth until the mid-twenties.

    There are some awful missions in Cap au Diable. Shelly Percey's missions in particular, and a few Marshall Brass missions are rapetastic in teams. Just because you have a travel power and are out of Mercy doesn't mean things are smooth sailing just yet.

    korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Anyone have any experience with procs in bots? I have had the explosive strike chance for smashing damage for a while. I'm thinking about putting it into one my bots. Just need to know if it is worthwhile. I figure I'd put it into my battle drones because it would have a better chance of going off with 3 attacking rather than my other ones.

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    What server do the PA folks play on?

    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Virtue

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    korodullin wrote: »
    Glal wrote: »
    Wallhitter wrote: »
    Glal wrote: »
    Wallhitter wrote: »
    Soo...VEATs. Did they get some random group of Freedom Corps or Longbow with a superweapon to make playing your VEAT a chore......or fuck my Kheld and work on getting a VEAT?
    The latter. Simply put, let me use this analogy to describe the two sides
    Two guys go to two different restaurants and order a steak.
    The first guy, Mr. Blue gets what looks like horribly burned-to-a-crisp rat with a few leaves pulled off of a tree.
    The second guy, Mr. Red, gets the most goddamn delicious-looking juicy-assed steak ever.
    It's an inelegant analogy but it GETS THE POINT ACROSS.
    Eh, not really, dude. Heroes have slightly more balanced ATs, less frustrating zones...
    YMMV. To me, hero side has shit balancing, poor zone design and dull missions. At least with Villain side once you escape Mercy you're in the clear, on hero side it feels like pulling teeth until the mid-twenties.

    There are some awful missions in Cap au Diable. Shelly Percey's missions in particular, and a few Marshall Brass missions are rapetastic in teams. Just because you have a travel power and are out of Mercy doesn't mean things are smooth sailing just yet.
    Plus, I heard they recently made massive improvements to The Hollows.

    Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Okay, while trying to create my character, the design screen turned gray and the buttons are all in the wrong places. Is that uh, normal?

    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That does not sound normal.

    SpongeCake on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Do you have an ATI graphics card? I hear they have some issues with CoX. If it's Nvidia put the image settings on quality. I seem to have similar problems when trying it in preformance.

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    SpongeCake wrote: »
    That does not sound normal.
    Weiiird. :P Maybe it was just that startup? I'll try again in a second. My PC doesn't usually have any problems with this sort of thing.

    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Glal wrote: »
    Wallhitter wrote: »
    Glal wrote: »
    Wallhitter wrote: »
    Soo...VEATs. Did they get some random group of Freedom Corps or Longbow with a superweapon to make playing your VEAT a chore......or fuck my Kheld and work on getting a VEAT?
    The latter. Simply put, let me use this analogy to describe the two sides
    Two guys go to two different restaurants and order a steak.
    The first guy, Mr. Blue gets what looks like horribly burned-to-a-crisp rat with a few leaves pulled off of a tree.
    The second guy, Mr. Red, gets the most goddamn delicious-looking juicy-assed steak ever.
    It's an inelegant analogy but it GETS THE POINT ACROSS.
    Eh, not really, dude. Heroes have slightly more balanced ATs, less frustrating zones...
    YMMV. To me, hero side has shit balancing, poor zone design and dull missions. At least with Villain side once you escape Mercy you're in the clear, on hero side it feels like pulling teeth until the mid-twenties.

    Villain and Hero Side ATs are designed with different philosophies IMO. The heroes were initially designed as specialists(though with a fair amount of overlap), while all the CoV ATs (Stalkers of course being the exception), are designed as generalists.

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, which is why I feel villain side meshes better with the overall "just hop in and play" mindset CoX has going for it. For me, at least.

    Glal on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Glal wrote: »
    Yeah, which is why I feel villain side meshes better with the overall "just hop in and play" mindset CoX has going for it. For me, at least.

    Well you sir are a doodoo head.

    Gear Girl on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That calls for fistycuffs that does!
    Hero side sucks. Like your mom.

    Glal on
This discussion has been closed.