As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Home inspector/Mold inspector

KingthlayerKingthlayer Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I was talking to my next door neighbor the other day and he told me that our landlord basically covered up everything that needed repaired in this house instead of actually fixing it.

Now, normally I would take such talk with a grain of salt, but he said one of those things was that the gas lines under the house were hooked up all wrong. That would explain a lot of problems we've been having -- a 700 dollar a month gas bill, for one. Also the Co2 alarm goes off every time we try to use the oven, as well as a noticable smell of gas in various areas around the house.

My neighbor also said that there were huge patches of mold in the house that he thinks the landlord just painted over. My whole family has been having breathing problems from within a week since we moved in here, so that claim has credence to it as well.

How do I find someone to come in and check those claims out for us? What are my family's rights in this situation?

edit: I guess that I should clarify when we brought these issues up with the landlord (before I talked to my neighbor) he pretty much told us we were imagining things and that nothing was wrong.

Kingthlayer on

• Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Where about do you live?

BoomShake on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Indiana. Specifically LaPorte county.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    DrFrylockDrFrylock Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    How do I find someone to come in and check those claims out for us?

Yellow pages?

You might also call the Gas Company to have somebody come check things out.

DrFrylock on
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    a noticable smell of gas in various areas around the house.

Call the gas company, they don't fuck around when it comes to that.

Fats on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Seems rather obvious in retrospect. That's what I'll do.

Kingthlayer on