As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

saving webpages

sushiboysushiboy Registered User regular
So, I have an old blog that I want to backup has HTML. I can do the good old "save as", but that only gets me the current page. I want to get the comments as well, but I dont want to have to go into the comments for every friggin post (there are a lot) and "save as" them as well. For some reason I seem to think I heard, a while back, that there was some way to save a page plus X amount of links deep. How can I do this? I am running the newest version of Wordpress on my own server, but its "export" function doesnt get me quite what I want. Does anyone know how I can save an entire month (or whatever) of posts, plus its comments?

Thanks!
Sushi

Wii - 5850 0852 0940 2934
AC:CF - 1032 4742 8889
PM me if you add any of my codes
sushiboy on

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    HTTrack is what you want.

jackal on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    sweet. ill give it a try when i get home then.

sushiboy on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    ok, i guess i am missing something here. i just want to simply backup a site. it is www.whatever.com/directory . no matter how i try it, it either only downloads the first page, or else starts to download the whole internet. what is the secret to doing so. i read the readme and faq, but did not find my answers.

sushiboy on