As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Age of Conan - Player Registration [Guilds/servers]

ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
I made this thread in order to be able to compose a list of the people who are going to play Age of Conan come launch. It'll be easier to organize guilds and server selection this way.

What I need from you is the following;
  • your name and confirmation of the fact that you'll play AoC come release.

• Please state if you're going to play on the European or American server as well, so we can keep that info in check.

• The third thing I need from you is if you prefer a PvP or a PvE or a RP-PvP server.

Remember, even if you have a guild outside of PA it's probably a good idea to roll on the same server as your fellow penny arcadians, as allies will be needed in the world of Hyboria. So this list will be a big benefit to all of us as we try to decide on some common ground.

The List, so far:

Europeans

PvP Server of choice will be Fury
Zzulu - European PvP
Gazamc - European PvP
Lly - European PvP
Fantasyrogue - European PvP
Prime - European PVP
Kiith - European PvP

PVP-RP server of choice will be Aquilonia
Demiurge - European RP-PvP
reVerse - European RP-PvP
Scroffus - European RP-PvP

Americans:

Stormrage will be the PA PvP server of choice
Zek - American PvP
chrpnk - American PvP
Shabutie - American PvP
Pej - American PvP
Camel - American - PvP'
Xorro - US PvP
Comrayn - US PvP

Angry - American - PvP
Bungletongue
Dooly - US PVP
Kisna - American PVP
Vi Monks, American, PvP.

Kai_San - US PVP
Defunker

Goodchild - American RP-PvP
ze swift class - RP-PVP
Firekiun - American RP-PVP
Doresain - American RP-PVP.
MrMonroe - American PvP-RP
Lorek, American, PvP-RP server
eatmosushi

Alwaysangryguy - American PVP or RP PVP
ManetherenWolf - American PvP or PR PVP
iSnortRitalin - American PVP or RP-PVP
Heirobruken - American PvP or RP- PvP
Aiserou - American PvP or RP-PVP
meatflower
drunkenpandaren

Thog will be the main PvE PA server of choice
Dietarysupplement - American PvE
Fairchild - American PVE
Zilo - American PvE.
DrunkMc - American PVE.
Fandyien - American PVE
Babington - US PvE
BitTwist - America - PVE

Toxic Pickle +1 for US PvE
KurnDerak
jdarksun - American PvE
Dachish, America PVE

t5qfc9.jpg
Zzulu on

• Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I have preordered the special edition, so drinks shall be on me.

Gazamc- European PvP

gazamc on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'll be there for the early access.

Zek - American PvP(if the ruleset is any good)

Zek on
  • Options
    chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'll be doing early access.

American - I might be down with PvP if the majority want to do that, and also if there is a ruleset in place that doesn't suck. I'm really keen on FFA though.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Demiurge, European RP-PvP. I'm doing a project to organize my wow server's community onto the same server/guild. We have a temporary forum up here. (I shamelessly stole the OP from the AoC thread here on PA)

Edit, there for early access.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Do we know how far the RP rules go? Is it just about staying in character or are there good-behavior rules too? I personally don't want to roleplay but wouldn't mind staying in character in public chat if it means a more mature playerbase.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Right now they haven't even confirmed the existance of a possible Rp/pvp server. It'll probably be there though. In fact, none of the PvP server rulesets have been revealed yet.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    reVerse, European RP-PvP. I'll probably be there for early access.

reVerse on
  • Options
    ze swift classze swift class Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm there. US server, RPPVP.

ze swift class on
  • Options
    AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Aiserou - American PvP. Early access is a definite.

Aiserou on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Zek on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    rulesets are still unknown though

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'll be on the europe servers, RPPVP.

Prime on
  • Options
    KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Y'know I already preordered...I have the prerelease weekend free...I have an extra 5$...but yet I don't know why I'm not playing 3 days early.

Anyway, Shabutie will for shore be playing on an American PVP Server. I run with some WoW guildies of mine called NetFeters. So I'll probably be running on whatever server they roll on. Hopefully it's the same as P-As. :P

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    American PVE server, because PVP servers make me want to stab my eyes with hot pincers.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    America is the most righteous place to be

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    America is the most righteous place to be

Fuck yeah.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Scroffus - European - RPPvP

Getting ganked is so much more fun when the other guy acts it out.

also cyber with boobies, count me in!

Scroffus on
  • Options
    firekiunfirekiun Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Firekiun(Character name undecided yet, just take my forum username atm)
    America
    RP-PVP

I buy this game just for some good time group pvp and seige. Hopefully playing in RP server will set me in a more mature/interesting community.

May I suggest that in the OP add separate PVP and RP-PVP, that could be people that don't want to be in a RP server.

firekiun on
    PSN ID : Kiunch

I play Blazblue, Soul Calibur 4, Street Fighter 4 and soon Tekken 6... yeah... so add me if you want to play any of those.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    what's with the roleplaying mang

I don't roleplay :(

I somehow doubt you'll get ganked in a more polite way just because you're on a RP server. In fact, you might just cross paths with more zealous types trying to enforce their character on you by stabbing you in the back as you finish a quest together.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm influenced by my experiences in WoW. It's just more fun when people around you are talking in-character. On non-RP realms, it's always "hi m8 wut abot dat eminem toly bitchign lol".

reVerse on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    To re-iterate and expand upon my post in the other AoC thread, I'm picking this up at launch and depending on how badly Funcom fucks up the early access client download, I'm in for that as well.

I'm leaning PvE server, since the idea of a FFA PvP with no real death penalty and apparently no thought-out PvP policy makes me cringe, although I'd consider testing out the RP-PvP server.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    A lot of people choose RP servers imagining that only the mature players would be willing to play there, but I've never found that to be the case. There are plenty of mature players who don't want to roleplay, and plenty of immature ones that do. And no shortage of people who just roll there to play with their friends. The RP playerbase is the same as anywhere else, the only difference is that there are more rules, which usually only apply to character names and public chat. Personally I think roleplaying rules are a hindrance and would rather be able to talk freely without worrying about the all-seeing eye. Public chat is never exactly a source of intelligent discussion.

Zek on
  • Options
    chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If enough people want to go PvE, I'd probably rather do that.

Also for those that paid for early access, keep an eye on your email as funcom started sending out download locations to people.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'd like a pvp server. I don't really mind if it's rp or not, but I think my guild wants a regular pvp server. The rules on rp servers can apparently be a hassle.

I do understand the horrid ganking that will occur, and some peoples reluctance to expose themselves to it, but that's why I made this thread. If we stick together we will reduce the nastyness by a large margin. Gankers go for soft, lonely targets who can't fight back or are at a disadvantage. Rarely have I ever been attacked by a ganker when I had the upper hand in any way. So yeah, if we all get on one server and just support eachother every now and then I think we'll be fine. I have never rolled on a PVE server before and I've never regretted it.

I also always prefer pvp servers because you will get that one awesome moment out in the random wild when you have a fantastic battle in one way or another <3. PvP servers usually have a better meta game as well.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dietarysupplement - American - PvE

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    Trevor GoodchildTrevor Goodchild Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Goodchild - American RP-PvP

I'll be up and ready for early start, and look forward to it!

Trevor Goodchild on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Got the pre-order, but I probably won't be able to play much during the head start weekend or whatever it's called. Prefer RP-PVP so that I can avoid people named xXSupERSayAINGoKUSagaTXx.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    EU - PVP

If all goes well, I should be in the early access thing.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    AlwaysAngryGuyAlwaysAngryGuy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    American - PVP or RP PVP

I don't really know which I'd prefer. I know the ganking is going to be a lot more tolerable on an RP server but it seems like they are going to be taking the RP stuff pretty seriously so I don't know.

AlwaysAngryGuy on
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    American PvE. I hate forced world pvp. Anonymity + repressed nerds + ability to do harm to others does not a compelling experience make.

I will rock the borderlands (or whatever the pvp zones are called) though.

zilo on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Buying at Launch, Probably will do the early launch, depending on the download servers for it (Do it in something that can be resumed for gods sake.)

US servers. No preference as to what type of server. Ill pretty much play wherever there is a good group of people playing.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I guess my preferance for RPPvP servers is anecdotal. Having played most of my time on a WoW RPPvP server, I've never once been corpse camped. Ganked plenty of times, but never corpse camped. Also I think it gives people incentives to run lower level dungeons (for the almighty RP gear). You still have the asshats but they seem to be in a lower concentration (I guess the number of drama queens and attention whores is what balances it out).

I guess some RP events are cool too (I used to RP a magical insurance salesmen, was fun).

Scroffus on
  • Options
    DoresainDoresain Registered User new member
    edited May 2008
    Doresain, US RP=PVP.

Ganking with purpose.

Doresain on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm in the list for EU PVP but honestly i really don't care which server ruleset i play on. If the ruleset is literally FFA i may reconsider if the place is filled with tosspots, but pvp/rppvp is my initial choice.

I may actually preorder it after all this, solely for the drinking cape.

Lly on
  • Options
    PejPej Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    US PVP most likely.

I'm kind of on the fence about the PVP servers at the moment after sampling the game's tons of loading screens, narrowly laid out zones, everyone has stealth, FFA PVP madness. My play schedule won't be regular enough to run with a group all the time and I'd hate to be stuck leveling in my 20s for months on end because I'm constantly being ganked. :|

Pej on
    This cave leads to the inhospitable surface of the planet. There is nothing for you to see there.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    We don't know what Funcom has in store yet for the PvP system. Hopefully they'll have an anti ganking thing going at launch. As in, you're either invulnerable/invisible as you spawn from dying or gankers get bad rep for repeated ganking or whatever.

I doubt they'll release it as it is now, because as it is now, two friends can go into the woods and murder eachother all day for massive PvP xp. There are just no penalties or rules implemented yet at all. I doubt this will be in for launch.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    DrunkMc - US-PVE. I might go PvP after I get a hang of the game, but as it stands now it just smells like a gank fest.

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So... I'm hazy on the PvP rules: is it FFA like the last day of the open beta? Or certain zones are "contested" or... what?

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    BitTwist - US - PVE. It was just a major gank fest that last day. Couldnt even get to the next town for all the hidden assasins and rangers waiting for people right outside the gate. If only they had faction PVP.

BitTWist on
    3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'm used to FFA pvp and horrible ganking and danger everywhere

I used to play EvE <3

incidentally, eve had the best pvp I have ever experienced as well

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg