As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help with Intel onboard LAN

EdictEdict Registered User regular
I have not used the onboard lan on my Intel D875PBZ for a year or two. I now have broadband access and wanted to begin using it, but it does not appear to be functioning. When i look in Device Manager there is the yellow exclamation mark next to it and error reads "Device Cannot start (Code 10). Any suggestions one how to fix this problem or if I am stuck buying a new network card and recommendations on what to purchase?

Edict on

• Options
    MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Install the drivers for it?

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I have installed the updated drivers, but that did not help with my problem. The computer seems to be recognizing that I have the network connection but will not let me access it.

Edict on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Network cards are like what, $10 tops?

Satan. on
  • Options
    ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    This is in XP I presume?

Stupid questions:

Are you sure its enabled in the bios?

Did you remove it from device manager and reinstall the latest drivers from the intel site, or did you just windows update?

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yes it is in XP and I did ensure that it was enabled in the bios. When I updated it I used the drivers from Intel, but I did not disable it when I did the update. As far as buying a new card, you might have missed where I originally asked for recommendations in my original post.

Edict on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I like d-link for ethernet adapters, also try removing the drivers then re-installing the drivers, try using your original drivers if you have them on hand, like from the mobo disk

Dixon on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Edict wrote: »
    Yes it is in XP and I did ensure that it was enabled in the bios. When I updated it I used the drivers from Intel, but I did not disable it when I did the update. As far as buying a new card, you might have missed where I originally asked for recommendations in my original post.

I didn't... honestly, an ethernet card is an ethernet card. I've seen name brands die just as fast as Brand X. Just go to your local shop and pick one up.

Satan. on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I am going to try and remove the device and update, if that doesn't work then I will pick up a replacement. Thanks again for the quick replies.

Edict on