As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(SOLVED) Can't get my phone to stream music to my Bluetooth headset

llamanatorllamanator Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi Guys,

I have a Sony-Ericsson S500i phone and a Plantronics Pulsar 590A Headset. The headset works fine with the universal adapter plugged into my MP3 player, it also works fine for making calls on the phone and I also have it paired to my pc (I have a Bluetooth Adapter on it) and can stream music straight from my pc to my headset or use the headset for chatting online.

The problem is, I just bought a 2 Gig memory stick micro for the phone and I can't for the life of me get the phone to play the music on my headset. I've tried unpairing and pairing it again, I've checked all the settings I can think of and still nothing, the music just plays on the phones internal speaker.

I've checked the manuals for both devices, I tried everything I can find there... My google-Fu failed to find me anything.

I have the feeling I'm missing something retardedly simple, I know they "should" work together, they both support A2DP. It should just be a matter of pairing them and that's it right?

If you guys can help out it would save me valuable pocket real estate as I won't have to bring my phone, Mp3 player and the adapter everytime I leave the house.

Thanks guys.

llamanator on

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The only thing you're missing is that this doesn't work. I don't think Sony Ericsson have ever supported streaming music to any BT headset.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    From the specifications on the Sony-ericsson website: "Bluetoothâ„¢ stereo (A2DP)
    Music from phone to headset over a wireless connection"

I checked a few other models and some of them do, some of them don't, this model does, according to the site and the instruction manual.

llamanator on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Haha.. I feel like an idiot..

I got it to work, I have to set the phone profile to "Handsfree"

Works really well

Lock away!

llamanator on
This discussion has been closed.