As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting stench out of leather

TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I've got a quite nice leather purse that still vaguely smells like the old apartment I used to live in, which to say, of decay and urine. Rat urine. It's been a good 5 months since I left the place, but the bag still stinks, and since it's full-grain leather, I can't just throw it in the wash like everything else. Now nothing actually peed on my bag, but since the air was pretty smelly, the leather just absorbed the smell and it's slowly leaching out into my room.

How should I go about de-scenting my bag? Febreeze hasn't done a whole lot for me since this is a really really deep set awful smell, and it can't permeate the leather as well as the odor. Any other suggestions out there?

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
Trillian on

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wouldn't they be able to help out at a dry cleaner? I mean, what do they do when they clean a leather jacket? I guess the same would apply to a leather purse.

I don't claim to have an answer, but that would be my bet.

Aldo on