As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Green Lantern search

KatalistKatalist Registered User new member
edited May 2008 in Graphic Violence
Hello all, I have a question/request to all the fellow Green Lantern fans out there. I am looking into getting a GL Tattoo and need ideas and such. I am thinking either a standard emblem (old school) with surrounded embellishments, or one of the many badass Hal Jordan poses out there. However, I am having trouble finding adequate material and would very much appreciate any input/links/scans that you wanna send my way.
Thanks much!

Katalist on

• Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Giant green boxing glove with the lantern on it.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    see317 on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2008
    glchpku4.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    i say get a full back piece of hal jordan giving the thumbs-fucking-up and a caption that says "hal jordan says FUCK YES"

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    alternately a full back of guy gardner flipping the bird with a caption that says "guy gardner says FUCK YOU" in thug-font

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2008
    full front with hal jordan and full back with guy gardner

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You could do the GL symbol like what appears on their chests. Or you could do the actual Lantern (power battery).

Or a bust of Kilowogg would be pretty cool.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    A portrait of Kilowogg on your stomach with "Poozer 4 Life" written in old english type in an arch above it like Tupac.

Grifter on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Get a circular "snake eating it's tail" type of tattoo with the Parallax and Ion entities comprising the circle.

KVW on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The one I've wanted to get is the Kyle-as-Ion logo, seen in blue form to the left here
    <----

For some reason, I just freaking love it. It's not the standard Lantern logo, and it just says fuckawesome to me. Of course, I'm a pussy, so I've balked at the actual getting of a tattoo... :(

Tach on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I say you get a tattoo of this ring on your finger

smokmnky on
  • Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I saw someone with a Green Lantern tattoo on his right ring finger...small, yet classy.

EDIT: beat me to it smokmnky

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    I say you get a tattoo of this ring on your finger

Get all the various Corps symbols on your fingers.
    There are eight total, one for each regular finger!

JoeUser on
  • Options
    KatalistKatalist Registered User new member
    edited May 2008
    I really wish I could get the ring on my finger but that limits job opportunities down to almost nothing... does anyone have a high res of a power lantern... I am thinking of large high res lantern with a dormant ring sitting next to it under my arm on the rib cage.

Katalist on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    yeah a lot of places won't do finger/hand tattoos, actually, because they wear out quite fast and also there can be some organized crime connections

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    grendel824_grendel824_ Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I don't care for tattoos at all, but IMO it's almost always a mistake to get tattoos of people/faces/characters. If they don't look awful from the start, they get that way pretty quickly. Objects are a bit less ridiculous-looking than figures, but symbols are a much better and safer way to go.

grendel824_ on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, when I see characters as tatoos, it almost always look corny. Logos are way better and a safer bet.

Lux on