As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dell Sound Issues?

ZineZine Registered User regular
Hey folks I need some help and unfortunately Dell can't seem to figure out what is wrong.

So I am running a Dell XPS M1730 with the Dual Geforce Cards, 250 Gb HD 4 GB of RAM and all that fun stuff but I am having a problem with my...well I don't know exactly what the problem is coming from.

I do know however that if I leave my computer on for an extended period of time that the Volume Controls become disabled and it tells me that there are no Active Mixers avaliable and that I need to install some. Now I have gone through everything inculding updating Audi Drivers, Uninstalling and manually installing Audio Drivers, Updating the BIOS, Running a bunch of different Adware Scans and Virus Scans thinking it was something like that.

Now I did most of this stuff on my own and then I even got dell to do their Online connection to my computer and they redid this stuff and it was fixed for a week or two and it's happening again but I don't feel like spending another 4 hours with them on the phone and they don't sound like they know what they were doing other then reading off a troubleshooting guide.

So I come to a Online Fourm, with hopes to finding someone who has had this problem and fixed it. Let me know if you need any specific information and I will post it.

Thanks.

Zine on