As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Havana] Survivor: Puzzle Islands - El Skid Wins! Tuxkamen Voted Player of the Game!

iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Critical Failures
800px-Survivorborneologo.png
Welcome to Survivor: Puzzle Islands. This game is designed for 16 players. This is not a phalla, it is a game which will essentially follow the rules of Survivor the television series. Here are the rules adapted for forum play:

RULES:

The 16 players will be randomly split up into two groups of 8. These two groups are now your “tribe”
Every day (until there are 4 members left) you will vote for a member in your own tribe publicly, bolded and in red, to send to Exile Island. These votes can be cast up to 4 P.M. EST/1 P.M. Pacific. That person will go to Exile Island unless his or her tribe has won the immunity challenge for that day.

Each day your tribe will compete in an immunity challenge which will consist of a puzzle or a riddle. You may submit answers until 4 P.M. EST/1 P.M. Pacific. However, each player may only submit 1 answer, with a detailed explanation as to how you got it, so make sure that you are satisfied with your answer before you send it in. Make sure your explanation is detailed as correct guesses will not be counted. This will be messaged to Iamtheaznman. At 4 P.M. EST/1 P.M. Pacific, the winning tribe of the challenge will be determined. The winning tribe will be determined by who submits the most correct answer, in the event of both tribes submitting a correct answer, the tribe to send in the answer earliest wins. In the event of both tribes submitting an incorrect answer, the Tribe with the answer closest to the correct one wins (closeness is determined by me). The losing tribe must than participate in Tribal Council.

If you are sent to Exile Island, you may not communicate (in the game thread, or externally) with the other players until Tribal Council is over. You must however submit a vote for elimination.

Tribal Council is considered the period between 4 P.M. EST/1 P.M. Pacific and 9 P.M. EST/6 P.M. Pacific. During this time you must send me the name of a player you wish to leave the island. You must submit only 1 vote and it may not be changed, so make sure you are satisfied with your vote before you send it in. You may not cast a vote for yourself. The player with the most votes is than eliminated from the game. If there exists a tie, everyone will draw rocks, and the person with the purple one will be sent home (i.e. if there is a tie, everyone who participated in the Tribal Council has a chance of being eliminated).

There is a hidden immunity idol in this game that exists on Exile Island. More information will be given to you should you be voted into Exile.

You may not look at proboards when you are exiled as they can contain voting information.

Hidden Immunity Idol

The hidden immunity idol protects the wearer from being voted off the island. All votes cast against this person are null and void and the person removed from the tribe is determined by the remaining votes. You may trade this idol to anyone in your tribe, just make sure to CC me in the trade.
In order to use the idol, you must send me a PM saying that you would like to use the idol tonight before 9 PM EST on that given night. You will lose the idol even if you were in no danger of being eliminated, so make sure to use it wisely. You may only use the idol to get into the top 4, from than it is useless.

The Merge:

The merge will happen at some time during the game. Both tribes will be merged together and instead of team immunity challenges, there will be individual immunity challenges. The only way to prevent from going to Exile (if you are the Exile vote winner) is by winning the immunity challenge. If you are won the immunity challenge and the Exile vote, you may still chose to go to Exile Island, but only by giving up your immunity to another player.

If you would like to give your immunity to another player you must announce it in the main thread bold and in lime. Any votes that are submitted before that time for the player you saved are now transferred to you.

All hidden immunity idols carry over into the merge.

Final Tribal Council/Jury:

You are considered part of the jury if you make it to the merge, but do not make it to the final tribal council.

This is a 2 day long event. All members of the jury will PM me with questions to ask the remaining contestants, please limit this to 1 question per contestant. I will than post this in public for the remaining contestants to answer. They will then post up your answers, and the jury will send a private vote FOR the winner of the game. (i.e. a vote for iamtheaznman means I want iamtheaznman to win).

Just like the real Survivor, there are many twists throughout this game. These rules will be updated when more rules are added.

Activity:
I put a ton of effort into this game creating the puzzles. Only 16 players can play, so please make sure to read the rules and make sure that you can commit to this game as it does require a fairly large time commitment. Inactivity will not be tolerated you will be replaced unless you have told me about your situation in advance.

Dead Posts:

There will be no dead posts. Once you are voted off the island you may not make any more posts or talk to anyone participating in the game.

Additional Rules:

When submitting your vote for tribal council, please include the HONEST reason why you voted this person out. I will save these as "confessionals" to be shown post-game.

When you are eliminated from the island, you may send your "last-words" confessional to me, including why you think you got voted out. I will also show these post-game.

Friday's Tribal Council will last until Friday at 9 P.M. EST (as normal), however the next challenge will not be put up until Sunday 9 P.M. This way the exile period remains the same for everyone.

Please sign up below with a !sign up. As you sign up, please vote for whether you would like the game to continue as normal on a weekend or for it to be suspended during the weekend. I am only taking people I invited at first, but if there are slots left I will open sign-ups for everyone.

You may only post in your Tribe's thread and communicate (externally or otherwise) with members in your thread

Clarifications:
Fembot wrote: »
Also clarification please! Just to be absolutely sure:
However, each player may only submit 1 answer,

You mean team, right? I'm assuming you do, because it seems to be implied by the rest of the paragraph - I just want to make sure :D

No, for the purposes of this game each player may submit 1 answer.

So yes, as a tribe, you may have multiple answers.
Bliss 101 wrote: »

Just to make sure, we're allowed to read the other thread, right?

Yes you may read the other thread.

Question, though: If I'm not at my computer at exactly 9pm (I have a class that ends today but gets out at 9:30pm est) am I not going to be able to participate in the challenge? Because, if so... D:

Yes you will be able to participate. The challenge lasts from 9PM EST until 4PM EST the next day.

However, sending answers in a timely manner is beneficial as if both tribes come up with the correct answer, the one who sent it first wins.
Rend wrote:
Rules question.

Is google/researching allowed? Or are we expected to come up with the answer in an isolated fashion?

Yes, googling and researching is allowed. I will warn you though that all of these puzzles are homemade or inspired so googling the question will be moot.
Clarification: I'm assuming we have to vote for a person from our tribe for this, right? So there'll actually be two exiles per night?

Yes you vote for someone within your own tribe. It is mentioned with the immunity challenge as well as in the OP.

There are not two exiles, the winning team's exile is safe from exile due to winning the challenge.

iamtheaznman on

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Player List:
    1. Plutonium - Day 13, Fifth Member of the Jury
    2. Locus - Day 7
    3. Maximus - Day 2
    4. MrBlarney - Day 9, First member of the Jury
    5. Romantic Undead - Day 11, Third Member of the Jury, Evacuated due to medical reasons
    6. Fembot - Day 14, Final member of the Jury
    7. Rend - Day 4
    8. Grundlterror - Day 12, Fourth Member of the Jury
    9. PrecisionK - Day 3
    10. DevoutlyApathetic - Day 10, Second member of the Jury
    11. Tuxkamen - Day 15, Runner Up
    12. Hylianbunny - Evacuated due to medical reasons, replaced by Lonelyahava - Day 5
    13. Psychocucumber - Day 8
    14. El Skid
    15. Bliss101 - Day 6
    16. Wildcat - Day 1

Reserves:
    1. Evilbadman
    2. Moleface
    3. Lonelyahava

Tribe Havana

El Skid

Other thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=58475

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Day 1

We are flying over the beautiful Puzzle Islands. Crystal clear water, magnificent coral reefs, and home of some of the most diverse wildlife on the planet. Below me are 16 contestants on their way to the Puzzle Islands. They have no idea what they are in store for, for the next 14 days, these players are forced to work together, creating a new society while battling the elements and each other. They must learn to adapt or else they will be voted out of the game. In the end, only one will remain to claim the title of “Sole Survivor”.
    (Feel free to click this link to add dramatic music:

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Survivor.html)

Blarney
    DevoutlyApathetic
    Fembot
    Maximus
    Psychocucumber
    PrecisionK
    Rend
    Skid

Malta

Bliss101
    Grundlterror
    Hylianbunny
    Locus
    Plutonium
    Romantic Undead
    Tuxkamen
    Wildcat

Bono

~End Theme Music~

Your tribe name is Bono. Take a buff and put it on. Get rested and prepared, your first team immunity challenge takes place at 9 P.M. EST.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hello my fellow Bononians.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Additional Rule:

You may only post in your Tribe's thread and communicate (externally or otherwise) with members in your thread.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah yeah yeah yeah!

Locus on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Awesome!

A bonobo themed tribe!

:winky:

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I thought it was free legal counsel themed tribe.

Locus on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    In the NAAAAAAAAME of LOOOOOOVE! One more, in the name of love!!

What?

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    This gives me an idea for another CF reality game: Penny Arcade's Next Top Model.

Each day, you need to participate in a photo shoots that fits in with a theme given by the GM. Ie. you take a picture of yourself, in real life, with some wacky theme, and the pictures will be posted in the game thread. Hilarity would ensue. All players, including eliminated ones, would vote for someone to be eliminated each day. The GM would have one vote too, to deal with ties.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bliss, that would be amazing. I am in.

It looks like our tribe is pretty well suited for challenges, lots of good thinkers here.

Question, though: If I'm not at my computer at exactly 9pm (I have a class that ends today but gets out at 9:30pm est) am I not going to be able to participate in the challenge? Because, if so... D:

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think it's enough that you submit your answer before Tribal Council starts.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Fembot wrote: »
    Man, I need to reinstall it.

Also clarification please! Just to be absolutely sure:
    However, each player may only submit 1 answer,

You mean team, right? I'm assuming you do, because it seems to be implied by the rest of the paragraph - I just want to make sure :D

No, for the purposes of this game each player may submit 1 answer.

So yes, as a tribe, you may have multiple answers.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Bliss, that would be amazing. I am in.

It looks like our tribe is pretty well suited for challenges, lots of good thinkers here.

Yes you will be able to participate. The challenge lasts from 9PM EST until 4PM EST the next day.

However, sending answers in a timely manner is beneficial as if both tribes come up with the correct answer, the one who sent it first wins.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    This is going to screw up my sleeping rhythm even worse than it is now.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    This is going to screw up my sleeping rhythm even worse than it is now.

Yes you may read the other thread.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Good day, fellow tribesmen.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bring on them puzzles.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well, I'm not going to be back until about an hour after the challenge begins.

I expect you all to have solved it by then.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Can't wait for them puzzles. I'm somewhat time zone incompatible with this game but I'll do my best to be there at crucial times.

Also, I'm totally going to run that PA Top Model game.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    This is a good tribe. I can think of no one that I'm hesitant to work with. :lol:

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hey guys, I'm heading off to my significant other's place. I'll try to make it online before 9 but I can't be sure, so in case I'm late, at least you know where I am.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also, I'm totally going to run that PA Top Model game.

I honestly can not wait for this 8-)

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    On a side note - it looks like the other tribe is attempting to get organized via proboard. Shall we do the same?

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    This is a good tribe. I can think of no one that I'm hesitant to work with. :lol:

Hi there, I don't think we've met.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    On a side note - it looks like the other tribe is attempting to get organized via proboard. Shall we do the same?

Down for that, but I'll be MIA until about 10pm EST at which time I will come on here ASAP to look at the riddle

Any chance in delaying the riddle unveiling until 10pm EST? That way both Locus, RU and myself will all be able to contribute tonight?

If not, I understand.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Thats a negative Grundl, rules are rules.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also, I'd appreciate links to any proboards for my own personal amusement.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    When it comes to puzzle solving (or romance, sadly), I am a lone wolf.

Proboards would be cool but since the team size is only 8 people, simply sharing our ideas via mass PM would work.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Fair enough. Time to go empty my inbox.

D:

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Any of you tribesmen with AIM, feel free to hop on and contact me at HylianB if you want to discuss.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    First Team Immunity Challenge

Welcome to your first Team Immunity challenge. Here’s how it works: Simply answer this riddle, remember to include your explanation and submit it by 4 P.M. EST. In addition, today you will be voting for someone in your tribe to go to Exile Island, bold and in red also by 4 P.M. EST. Retractions are helpful, although not necessary. The losing tribe’s vote winner will be sentenced to Exile Island.

What is it?
    Five in a row
    Four make noise
    The one that does not
    Is the one that is heard

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Damn riddles.

Let's see...

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    OK I think we'll need those proboards after all.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hahaha. Really? :P

Grundlterror said he'd work on that.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Check your PMs guys

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Rend wrote:
    Rules question.

Is google/researching allowed? Or are we expected to come up with the answer in an isolated fashion?

Yes, googling and researching is allowed. I will warn you though that all of these puzzles are homemade or inspired so googling the question will be moot.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Please don't forget that you need to vote for a person to send to exile as well.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Clarification: I'm assuming we have to vote for a person from our tribe for this, right? So there'll actually be two exiles per night?

Yes you vote for someone within your own tribe. It is mentioned with the immunity challenge as well as in the OP.

There are not two exiles, the winning team's exile is safe from exile due to winning the challenge.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Erk. The time zone difference is going to be as much of a problem as I'd thought, I suspect. Well, I'll try to contribute as best I can.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    And on that note, I'm going to !vote Plutonium for no other reason than his was the first name I came across in the thread. Sorry man.

Wildcat on