As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

360 Version - Windowed?

jhoff80jhoff80 Registered User new member
edited May 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
Is it intentional that the 360 version is shown with probably an inch and a half black border surrounding the entire game? This is using HDMI on a 37" 1080p monitor. I only tried the demo, but am pretty unsure about getting the game and this isn't helping.

jhoff80 on

• Options
    StrikerkcStrikerkc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    One of the settings is the zoom. You can have it remove the blank space around it. Just go check the options and toy with that setting in your demo copy to get what you want.

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    jhoff80jhoff80 Registered User new member
    edited May 2008
    Thanks, I tried going into the options and help, and didn't see that another button press to go to settings was necessary, oops.

jhoff80 on
  • Options
    Since 1845Since 1845 Registered User new member
    edited May 2008
    I assumed it was meant to imitate a comic panel... Since moving from area to area is considered moving from panel to panel... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Since 1845 on
  • Options
    FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm really thankful for it (and the option to zoom/adjust) because my TV has some overscan and being able to take in the entire frame is so very nice.

FaceballMcDougal on
    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • Options
    HH JoelHH Joel Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I can clarify this one a bit. Typically console games keep all relevant stuff within a "safe zone" on the screen so that the variance in overscan on people's TVs won't cause anyone to not see important stuff.

Since a bunch of our presentation involves that snazzy white comic border on the edges of the screen, we had a dilemma. So we decided to leave a black border around by default, but allow you to adjust the zoom factor in the game options so you could tune the edges to exactly match your particular TV.

I hope that helps.

HH Joel on