As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Physical Pictures -> Digital Pictures

BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So my sister is getting married in a few weeks and I wanted to make a photo slideshow of her and my future brother in law. The pictures I have of them are all physical ones, and I was wondering if there is a place I can take the pictures to have them scanned onto a CD.

Would a CVS or Wal-Mart do that for me or do I need to take them to a certain place? Also, how much would this cost me? Thanks

cdmAF00.png
Coran Attack!
Bedigunz on

• Options
    An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    When I did what you're saying, I just went to a library during the slow hours of the day and used their scanner. Totally free and I was done with two albums in about an hour and a half. I put them up on facebook (photobucket would work too, or just CD-burn them) and I was good to go. Completely digitalized.

An-D on
  • Options
    Dark MoonDark Moon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Do you have the negatives? The negatives can be scanned in by most any photo lab onto a CD for cheap. If they're prints you'll need to find a place with a scanner, which I believe is slightly rarer than a negative scanner - try your local real photo labs, not just the drugstores/Wal Mart.

Dark Moon on
    3072973561_de17a80845_o.jpg
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Every drugstore/wal-mart I've been in within the past several years has had a scanner for photos, usually in the same machine used for digital memory cards. Most DO have a limit of how many pictures you can place in an order though(usually around ~20 or so); mainly for time constraints since it takes a damn long time to scan in a bunch of pictures, so if there is no one else wanting to use the machine you could just do multiple orders.

As for the price it usually runs $3-4 per CD made.

Last Son on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well I just finished up scanning all the photos and now I need a program to upload the photos and make it into a video. Any suggestions?

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Just a normal video? Like a slide-show?

Windows Movie Maker. It comes with most computers and its perfect for simple things like that. Just drag and click. And save often. I've never had a problem with it with photo slideshows, but using any kind of video it freezes *all* the time.

An-D on
  • Options
    CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    An-D wrote: »
    Just a normal video? Like a slide-show?

Windows Movie Maker. It comes with most computers and its perfect for simple things like that. Just drag and click. And save often. I've never had a problem with it with photo slideshows, but using any kind of video it freezes *all* the time.

This is basically the best and least complicated way to do it. I was going to suggest some other things, but this is what you want to do.

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, or iMovie if you have a Mac.

Doc on