As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

M2N Sli Deluxe Mobo problems

DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
I've been running an M2N Sli Deluxe for 2 years now, and it's had very little problems... I got it along with an AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2.4 ghz, running 1.5 gigs of ram and two 7600 GT's.

When I first put the system together on certain games I would get fuzzy lines around anything that stands out from the background in certain games (any source game, just to name a few) and I found a fix for it... just take off the SLI Bridge. The performance drop was very small, and the weird fuzzy lines went away. (Apparently the 84 series drivers didn't have that issue, but any drivers since then have... go figure.) In any case I decided to see if the new drivers fixed the old problem, so I reinstalled my SLI bridge, and lo and behold... it's still there. I've searched all over and not found an answer besides removing the bridge. I'm going to start playing conan soon, and have more ram and an Athlon X2 on the way, but I want to eek as much as I can out of this baby, so I've been researching more into this. I still haven't found anything online, but reviewing all of my system specs etc. I stumbled upon something very weird. The M2N Sli Deluxe is supposed to have 2 PCIE 16 slots for graphics cards... but my second 7600 GT is only running at x8, instead of x16. I am highly suspicious that this may be the reason for the weird fuzzy lines I'm seeing. In the specs for the mobo it says you can adjust the PCIE settings, but for the life of me I haven't been able to figure out how. I've been backwards and forwards through the BIOS trying to find a setting to adjust, the only thing I found was adjusting voltage to the slots themselves.

Does anyone have any experience with this mobo who could help me out? Or point me in the direction of someone/somewhere who might know? I'm very anxious to see if this will fix my fuzzy lines problem, and possibly increase the performance of my cards (considering it seems like one is operating at half capacity). Thanks for your time.

e: A little bit extra, I discovered the second one only running at x8 from the Nvidia control panel>help>system information. Both of my cards are listed on the left side, with the first card showing IRQ 0, PCI Express x16, and the second showing IRQ 16, PCI Express x8.

e2: Ok, that's definately weird... this little advert seems to indicate they should -both- be at x8 for SLI to be working... but I've never seen that anywhere else before...

e3: So... I booted into safe mode, did driver cleaning (twice) and installed the newest forceware drivers (175.16) and still have the fuzzies in a few games (including age of conan) and one of my cards is still showing PCI Express x8... and I verified one card is in the blue slot and one is in the black slot.

Steam: No Safety In Life
PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
Dyvion on