As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[AoC] No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
*Points to sword* This you can trust.

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Important Information

Unite the clans!
(Penny Arcadian guilds)

US
[Broodax Imperiate]
Stormrage - PvP
Officers: (People who can invite you)
Zeyk (Zayk, Zaek) - GM
Comrade
Korinna
Xorro

Temp forums: http://broodax.freeforums.org/index.php
[Fangspire Legion]
Thog - PvE
Jaef
Broseph
Wright
Alject
Tyrannus
bull
Kolyma
Enyo
Valerind
Bearley
Vaghal
Lateralus

[Order of Arcadia]
Gwahlur - PvE
Creidhe (GM)
Odji
Riddoc
Corinthia
Pyralis
...started by people in the Penny Arcade Alliance from the Dark Iron server in WoW.

EU
[Precipe of Darkness]
Fury - PvP
Nerissa
Jives

*To Guild Masters and officers, PM me for changes and/or additions to the above.

UI Mods

MirageUI
SS: http://ledmirage.net/files/aoc/AoC_MirageUI_v1.2_SS01.jpg
Download: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=19979

WerikUI
Download:http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=23081

Others: Check out the official UI mods forum here.

Mini-Leveling Guide (Technically spoilers)

Apostate wrote: »
For those having some issues with leveling. I'm not sure where this came from originally but it was reposted by my guild leader, and contains some decent info about how to find quests at higher levels.

*Where to Quest at Level X*

-General Tips-
-Accept every quest you see.
-Visit every zone.
-Explore since some quest givers are in wierd locations.
-All dungeons pre 40 are soloable so go explore them.
-If you are stuck in a zone on quests, as in they are too hard or simply bugged, go to a different one.
-Spend some time to randomly kill stuff, yes some stuff drops items that start quests.
-Revisit the main towns to search for quest givers.
-Leaving an instance and reforming/joining a group supposedly resets the instance unless it is a single player instance, like the vila quests in Noble District.
-By the minimap there is a button that allows you to change your instance so if the one you are in is crowded click it and switch to another that might be empty.
-When questing kill EVERYTHING along the way. Don't avoid mobs

1-20 finish your destinay quest in Tortage.

20+ It is possible to pick up gathering professions at 20 in Poitain, Purple Lotus Swamp, and Lacheish Plains(DONT GO HERE IT IS BUGGED ATM). These quests give about 5k xp each but you can level up gathering with them. *WARNING* Respecing feats while having crafting/gathering skills will reset those but you won't be able to get the quests again *WARNING*

20-40 Do every quest you see in Connal Valley, Kopshef Province, and Wildlands. Everytime you finish one of these run it through again to make sure you didn't miss anything. Then run through the others. once all are done run through them all again, some quests only become available at upper levels. Make sure to run through Conarch Village, Khemi, and Old Tarantia a few times to see any quests. There should be quests for the 20-40 instances as well that you get as you level up. At 40ish get all the Burning Soul quests(Zelata has about 4 chains into here which you should get if you cleared the first 3 mentioned zones). In total I hat 7 Burning Soul Quests. Also some of the Wild Lands quests lead you into Border Ranges.

35-40 I ran through Black Castle/Pyramid of the Ancients/Treassury of the Ancients at about 38/39 in Kopshef Province and that got me 2 good levels. Although there are few quests in each of these until you hit their level range.

40-50 Do Noble District in Tarantia and Field of the Dead. If you need more XP try grinding mobs in eiher the vilas in Noble District or the big NPC camps in FoTD.

50-55 You get 7 quests for Cistern/Main System in Noble District at 50 and then I think 2-3 more at 52. This is a world zone that has VERY quick respawn so don't attempt without 5-6 people. It also means you can see people not in your group. If you get a good group its a decent walkthrough. I didn't enter the undead area much but in the Main System sewer area the mushrooms were scarce.

50-60 Eiglophian mountains

52-57 It is possible to grind these levels in the cannibal caves in Eiglophian Mountains. I will grind here till about 59 since it doesn't look like Eiglophian mountains will have enough quests to take me to 60.

*Bugged Quests Section*

-Noble District-
-The Thief- As you get to the second floor on your left will be an entrance with vines on either side. Go to the left set and run by them spamming U to try to climb. After that there is another set of vines that can't be click but must be instead climbed using U. Experiment with positioning. You need between 300 and 350 climbing I believe.
-Noble Beauty(sp?) - The NPCs don't turn hostile after talking to them so you can't kill them. I have heard rumors of trying to swing and them turning hostile but haven't had any luck.
-Arena in Noble District Bar - All these quests are buggy. If you can't do it drop it and try to restart it. The first part where you have to kill Aquilonius(sp?) is very bugged so try to talk to him and swing and eventually you will kill him.
-Black Skulls - One guy is by a pool of blood by the Cistern Dungeon. Another guy patrols in the north of the Noble Open Square type area, Middle north of the zone, The last guy is by the burning bodies in the barracks area if I recall correctly.
-Hopshef Province-
-Enter the Pyramid in Pyramid of the Ancients- Quest doesn't Update so you can't get the next part of the chain.
-Body part quest in Pyramid of the Ancients - The body parts sometimes bug and don't respawn. You could try to exit instance and reform group then go back in.
-Rescue Chick in pyramid of the Ancients - Won't respawn after first person gets it. You could tyr to exit instance and reform group then go back in.
-Destinty Quest - There is a climbing point near the stone arch by the bandits, need 100 to climb it. DON'T KILL THE DEMON BEFORE YOU DO THE LOTUS ON THE ALTAR. If you do you have to either exit the instance and re-enter or relog. (Thanks jattomcat)
-Wildlands of Zelata-
Wounded Child - The child has a VERY long respawn time. One trick is to check your instances, by the minimap there is an arrow where you can click to change it, and if you see a new one pop up switch to there and run to here location, she is at the bottom of the cliff, to see if she is there.

And for any of those getting griefed in a zone: just switch instances. It's the little arrow by the mini map. There's usually around 3-5 instances per zone.

Know something important that isn't here? Send me a PM and it shall be added.

General Information

Screenshots of awesome:
Ageofconan_gdc_2.jpg
It's got...good graphics!
Ageofconan_gdc_11.jpg
Mounted Combat!
Ageofconan_gdc_1.jpg
Decapitation! (This should be enough for you)
Ageofconan_gdc_13.jpg
Pretty water + Rhino's
Ageofconan_gdc_6.jpg
Scary lizardmen...oh my! :shock:
Ageofconan_gdc_9.jpg
Climbable terrain + Lava! Take that EQ2!

Playable Races
Aquilonians.jpg
Aquilonians
Cimmerians.jpg
Cimmerians
Stygians.jpg
Stygians

What sets it apart from those other MMO's on the market:

Features:
Revolutionary PvP(Up to 100 people!)
# Take part in massive and epic PvP battles, and fight for the right to control large battlekeeps in the Border Kingdom
# Build your own guild city in regions outside of the Border Kingdom, and protect it from computer-controlled invaders
# Engage in brutal PvP mini-games such as last-man-standing
# Fight it out in the unique PvP form called drunken brawling -- get drunk, stir up trouble and make mayhem as you crush your enemy with fists, tankards and broken table-legs
# Earn Blood Money, a separate PvP currency which can only be gained on the battlefield. Crush your enemies and use the riches to acquire benefits
# Let the catapults sing their merry song of death as you defend your battlekeep with siege engines, or destroy your enemies' fortifications with the same means
# Buy a piece of land, collect resources such as wood and stone, and then erect functional buildings such as the blacksmith, the city hall, the barracks and much more
# Build fortified city walls to defend your city from invaders
# Become a resident of your own city, walk around between its buildings and invite other players to come and trade on your streets
# Like in a real-time strategy game, computer-controlled enemies will start building their own city next to yours, eventually launching attack
# Lay siege to computer-controlled cities, and let the catapults sing their merry song of death as you crush their defenses
# Guard your city with computer-controlled guards, and allow vendors to sell their merchandise in your city

Revolutionary Combat
# A real-time, dynamic combat system that let sword-wielders, spellcasters and archers fight their own battles in real-time -- no more combat on autopilot!
# Choose where to attack with five directions of impact in melee combat
# Archers get to string their bow, zoom in on their targets and manually let go of the arrow to make deadly real-time strikes
# Magic-wielders get to create powerful spellweaves -- a series of combined spells that can lead to devastating destruction other powerful results
# Fight from horseback -- mount your creature and bury your sword into the backs of your foes as you crush through them
# Enter player-made battle formations to maximize your damage and defense
# No more targeting -- when you swing your weapon, you can hit many enemies in one blow if you're close enough
# Discover and equip hundreds of different weapons
# Got a game pad? Use it to fight like you would in a console game

In-depth Character Customization
# Race - Chosing your starting race will of course be the first choice you have to make!
# Skin Coloring of character.
# A wide selection of hair and facial hairs.
# Texture Layering for Tattoos, scars, facepaint and more.
# More info will be added after release.

The 12 classes of AoC:
Classes
In Age of Conan, classes are divided into four archetypes. Not all classes are playable by all races, but there is a lot of overlap.

Soldier:

Guardian
Guardian-1.jpg
At level 20
-Guardians are the most heavily armored and well drilled soldiers in Hyboria. Capable of withstanding punishment like no other, they also have an array of deadly attacks that deal devastating damage.
Playable Races: Aquilonians, Cimmerians

Conqueror
Conqueror-1.jpg
At level 20
-Conquerors are a sword-wielding fusion of heavy armor and battlefield command, rare individuals rising from the ranks of Aquilonian generals and barbarous Cimmerian war-leaders.

Dark Templar
DT_Preview.jpg
-Dark Templars wear heavy armor into battle, have lethal offensive capabilities, and conjure vile sorcery. Their spells can leech life to enable them to heal themselves or their allies, conjure protective wards and unleash occult energies against enemies around them. They can even sacrifice their own life-force to power their invocations.

Mage:

Herald of Xotli
Herald-of-Xotli-1.jpg
At level 20
Hoxdemonform.jpg
Demon form
-Hybrids of the mage and soldier archetypes who wield alien spells and two handed weapons.
Playable Race: Stygian

Demonologist
Demonologist-1.jpg
At level 20
-The demonologist is the mightiest of sorcerers, wielding the power of hell and earth and capable of conjuring pillars of flame or titanic storms of electricity.

Necromancer
[ -Necromancers summon and command the undead, and their legion. Their ghoulish minions are capable of tearing men apart or casting their own death magic.

Rogue:

Barbarian
Barbarian-1.jpg
At level 20
-The barbarian is one of the most dangerous and feared sights on the battlefield. Their combat style focuses on strength, aggression, and relentless assault.

Ranger
Ranger-1.jpg
At level 20
-Rangers are the finest marksmen in Hyboria, capable of stalking an enemy and delivering devastating shots with pinpoint accuracy.
Playable Races: Aquilonians, Cimmerians, Stygians

Assassin
Assassin-1.jpg
At level 20
-Assassins are the most lethal killers in Hyboria. Those aspiring to the top of this profession face the most deadly regime of training, discipline, and study, but the ones that survive are executioners supreme.
Playable Races: Aquilonians, Stygians

Priest:

Bear Shaman
Render_Bear_Shaman.jpg
Not in-game
-Bear shamans are able to equip the heaviest priest armor (medium) and are the sturdiest of all the priests. Capable of mighty combos with their two-handed weapons, and a complement of druidic enchantments, this makes them fearsome enemies in combat.
Playable Race: Cimmerians

Priest of Mitra
Priest-of-Mitra-1.jpg
At level 20
-Priests of Mitra also have the strongest healing powers. They also have the ability to bombard the enemy with holy damage. Their powers to augment those around, heal wounds, and impair enemies make them indispensable to any party exploring Hyboria.
Playable Race: Aquilonians

Tempest of Set
Tempest-of-Set-1.jpg
At level 20
-These followers of Set are renowned for the obliteration and ruin that follows in their wake, but like other priests they have the power to heal en masse and restore life. As well as a variety of martial weapons, light armor, and shields, they can also wield magical talismans in the form of ancient tomes or the hearts of slain monsters.

archer_sig-2.jpg
meatflower on

• Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Memorial Day totally putting the slowdown on my video card's shipping/arrival.

And the difference between my bear shaman at 19 and 20+ is huge. I went from dying like 25% of the time on double pulls to walking away from 4 mob mistakes with 75%+ health left. Also took out some melee class 3 levels above me (25vs22) who jumped me after I passed him by while he was fighting a mob. Starting to forget any attachment I had to my ranger.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    FanciestWalnutFanciestWalnut Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So I am trying to decide between a bear shaman and one of the tanking dudes, how complete to the classes feel/does the game have a definite melee slant to it?

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah my bear shaman is defiantly getting better as I level, I just wish the big heal didn't take forever to cool down.

Everyone is going to totally pass me up in lvl though, I'm getting nailed with work :/

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I invite you to take a look into forever
    Zzulu_picture107.jpg

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, I'm not having any major FPS issues. I'm usually between 30-60 FPS.

But, I see people reporting having WAY over 60 FPS with rigs similar to, or worse than mine. Anyone else experiencing a lower than expected performance out of this game?

Vista 32-bit
    Intel Q6700 2.66 GHZ
    2x 8800 GT SLI
    4 Gig OCZ DDR2 RAM
    7200 RPM 750 gig HDD (don't remember the brand)

I'm not trying to flex my epeen or anything here... but, it makes me somewhat angry that I spent close to $2000 on a computer and I'm not getting a constant 60 FPS. :x

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I invite you to take a look into forever

Oh god. It's gonna be burned into my eyes for days!

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So I am trying to decide between a bear shaman and one of the tanking dudes, how complete to the classes feel/does the game have a definite melee slant to it?

I haven't hit a high level yet, but general consensus is that there is a melee/priest slant at the moment. Right now most people feel the mage classes are gimped and that PoM/ToS are overpowered, and rangers are reporting they scale terribly at 60+.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The most important rule of the internet: Once you see something, you can't unsee it.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    On an unrelated point, I gotta say that I like how necklaces show on your avatar. Some of the endgame necklaces look crazy as well. Crazy good.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    god I love this game. And I love my ranger so god damn much, even if they don't scale well at 60

tyrannus on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Picked this up today and rolled a Herald of Xotli.

I'm loving it so far.

Shamus on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So hey, I'm on a short break away from my desktop, visiting my parents before summer classes start.

Has there been a patch since saturday, or any word on one soon? I know after the patch on friday (or was it thursday?) my game was dying because of memory leak. Is it fixed? please let it be fixed soon T_T

tehmarken on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I need to move my TV closer to my computer

this grinding is melting my fucking brain

seriously

I feel dumber already

With the TV I can at least get some slight stimulation

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I need to move my TV closer to my computer

this grinding is melting my fucking brain

seriously

I feel dumber already

With the TV I can at least get some slight stimulation
    Back in wow I used to run episodes of House and Life on Mars in the corner of my screen with VLC...

So I'm waiting on this game to get shipped to my place because it seems to be sold out everywhere. The store people at EB and GAME keep asking in frustration why no one told them that so many people would want this game.

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fucking hell, I am going to have so much time to play in this next month.

I'm already considering moving to RP-PVP, though.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, I think I've died like 15 times on this stupid volcano quest. I want to stick it out with my ToS, but god damn am I tired of dying.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FanciestWalnutFanciestWalnut Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Who do I talk to about joining the guild on stormrage?

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So I'm 47 now, and the quests have suddenly become very sparse. Like, I might manage a couple orange/red quests each level and then I have to grind. Is it like that all the way to 80? Because if they didn't have the content to fill the space then they shouldn't have made so many levels or had it take so long.

Zek on
  • Options
    NativityInBlackNativityInBlack Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ok first Zzulu pic i HATED. :P

posted by mynameisguido:
    So, I think I've died like 15 times on this stupid volcano quest. I want to stick it out with my ToS, but god damn am I tired of dying.

- Guido hang in there bro, you will be a different persona on 15 and will start to rock after 25, that's a player filter you will start to shine soon.

Those that can help out (or are bored) and can please /sign up for a USA RP server as Europe got theirs and we haven't:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=11615

Also nice to chill from the freeforall action and enjoy the more relaxing atmosphere more girlfriend friendly too. Ty for those that /sign. :)

Btw Volcano was a b**** to complete as a BS but after awhile it's a whole different game, and it was even harder on the open beta.

NativityInBlack on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    On an unrelated point, I gotta say that I like how necklaces show on your avatar. Some of the endgame necklaces look crazy as well. Crazy good.

Yes, so hard!

I had this AWESOME bug where my chest armor didn't show up (it wasn't client side, everyone could see it) and I had this super cool necklace made out of large claws and teeth. I was the definition of Barbarian. I just wish I could reproduce the bug.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, I rolled myself up a new Tempest because...well, lightning. I've gotten several fatalities so far using the basic lightning spell, but I haven't seen any sort of animation or graphics showing the kill, only the little buff icon. I've gotten spell fatalities with Demos and Necros, so I can't figure out what's up.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I don't suppose there is an online purchase available yet?

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    Mike99TAMike99TA Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ok someone help me out here. I've tried the following classes

Bear Shaman
    Tempest of Set
    Assassin

and found them all rather boring. I don't like the idea of a ranger either.

Not sure what other classes to try. What is the difference between a Barbarian and an Assassin.

Are any of the warrior classes fun? I don't really want to play a mage as they seem gimped.

The main reason I didn't like the assassin is because it felt like rogue 2.0 from WoW, and the bear shaman was just boring (1 button used the entire time). Tempest of Set is ok but I'm just not sure I like it that much.

Mike99TA on
  • Options
    CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Zek wrote: »
    So I'm 47 now, and the quests have suddenly become very sparse. Like, I might manage a couple orange/red quests each level and then I have to grind. Is it like that all the way to 80? Because if they didn't have the content to fill the space then they shouldn't have made so many levels or had it take so long.

This is pretty standard for MMO's in my experience, unfortunately.

I'm sure in time leveling content will be improved. But realistically, i dont think it will be a high priority. Fixing low level bugs & stuff would go first, because thats where most players are. Then i'd expect they'll be working on the endgame PvP stuff (balance & bugfixes). Because early levelers will grind through the levels despite a lack of quest content anyway, and once they hit the cap they NEED the endgame to work. Then i'd imagine, over time, the quest content will be filled in. At least, thats how it would make sense in my opinion.

Sure, they should have had it all ready to go on launch, but hey, thats the industry for you.

Cryogen on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    So, I rolled myself up a new Tempest because...well, lightning. I've gotten several fatalities so far using the basic lightning spell, but I haven't seen any sort of animation or graphics showing the kill, only the little buff icon. I've gotten spell fatalities with Demos and Necros, so I can't figure out what's up.

Probably a bug. People have been noting this on the forums for a while and I've noticed it myself. It's only for Lightning Strike though, the animation does work for other lightning spells.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    NativityInBlackNativityInBlack Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mike go Barbarian, you can go much more "in your face" than the assassin, or go polearm guardian.

I'm positive you will enjoy either, gotta time up the attacks and combos well tho but you will nail it. 8-)

NativityInBlack on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    So how does this game compare to WoW as far as combat goes? Is it faster or slower? I don't just mean how fast it is to kill someone, but how much twitch is involved? Not that WoW had a lot, but for an MMO it did.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    So how does this game compare to WoW as far as combat goes? Is it faster or slower? I don't just mean how fast it is to kill someone, but how much twitch is involved? Not that WoW had a lot, but for an MMO it did.

I'm only Level 10, but I enjoy the combat a bit more than WoW. I find myself trying to get the fatalities. I don't think impaling my two-hander in the chest of someone, taunting them in their face, and then pulling it out will ever get old.

Shamus on
  • Options
    Mike99TAMike99TA Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Shamus wrote: »

I'm only Level 10, but I enjoy the combat a bit more than WoW. I find myself trying to get the fatalities. I don't think impaling my two-hander in the chest of someone, taunting them in their face, and then pulling it out will ever get old.

How do you make a fatality happen? Also one time I pushed a button (don't remember what) and my guy tore off running at someone and then stabbed them and did extra damage, have no idea what that was or how I did it.

Mike99TA on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Did anyone else read breasts instead of beasts in the title?

I think I need to get laid :(

Ledneh on
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »

...*raises hand* Oddly enough, I haven't really seen anyone running around topless in Tortage. I would've expected that by now.

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Mike99TA wrote: »

How do you make a fatality happen? Also one time I pushed a button (don't remember what) and my guy tore off running at someone and then stabbed them and did extra damage, have no idea what that was or how I did it.

Honestly, not sure. I've been trying to time it with the enemy's hit bar being low. I hit the combo at a certain point and if I'm lucky, it goes off.

Shamus on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Honestly, not sure. I've been trying to time it with the enemy's hit bar being low. I hit the combo at a certain point and if I'm lucky, it goes off.

It's random. You have a percentage chance to do it. Some of the feats can increase that percentage, however, depending on class. I know for the General tree on my assassin, there's a feat which increases the fatality chance for my team.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Voro wrote: »
    Ledneh wrote: »

...*raises hand* Oddly enough, I haven't really seen anyone running around topless in Tortage. I would've expected that by now.
    I only realised it was beasts when i read this comment...ahem.
    I don't suppose there is an online purchase available yet?
    Not that I've seen, and I don't think there will be for some time do to the apparent 30gig installer size :(

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    and the bear shaman was just boring (1 button used the entire time).

Heh. My shaman just hit 26 and there are so many combos/spells to keep track of in a fight it gets kind of ridiculous. I literally lost a PvP fight earlier tonight because when I got jumped my brain cramped in a deer-in-the-headlights kind of way and I paused then hit the wrong combo.

Also great fun is when you ignore your level up spam and go to use your combos and don't realize that the combo sequence has changed on you for a while.

Bear shaman sucked (read: was a giant pussy) pre-20, but now I'm starting to really dig him.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    FightTest wrote: »

Heh. My shaman just hit 26 and there are so many combos/spells to keep track of in a fight it gets kind of ridiculous. I literally lost a PvP fight earlier tonight because when I got jumped my brain cramped in a deer-in-the-headlights kind of way and I paused then hit the wrong combo.

Also great fun is when you ignore your level up spam and go to use your combos and don't realize that the combo sequence has changed on you for a while.

Bear shaman sucked (read: was a giant pussy) pre-20, but now I'm starting to really dig him.

I've read similar stories. After 20, they really shine.

I think I'm going to take a break from my HoX and roll an assassin. I know they're supposedly bad, but I can't help but want to give them a shot.

Shamus on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Its slower, but you will feel a twitch simply trying to remember where skills are at first (at least I do). Typically you will find that you are forcing yourself to slow down to imput combos right. I think the only twitch comes from the UI. It also feels a bit more stiff - its a lot more animation heavy

As for the responses to my balance comment in the last thread - I know its still early. But early balance DOES matter, because beleive it or not, you are PLAYING the game before 80. And being on a PVP server, pvp occurs before 80 as well. IMO if balance is meaningless this early then there shouldnt be any pvp that early.

That being said, I could see the major issue (basically that its too easy to kill softer characters EXTREMELY quickly) being fixed in later levels if health and defenses scale more than damage. But as Rent said, I experienced this before. I also know that leveling said warlock I could rape almost everyone I came across as I leveled even when I was completely weak as shit. Simply because they were morons.

Im not so much bitching as worrying. I am still playing and loving it, and I do not plan to leave a PVP server. I just think its something that could be adressed much like the camping needed to be, and kind of still does.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So.. 90 fucking dollars for an 8800GS AND CALL OF DUTY 4. I realize this is not the most ideal card, but if you're strapped for cash, don't own CoD 4, and this card is an upgrade for you, do it.

DO IT.

Also just ran Sanctum, the first real group instance (at level 40.) Actually fairly interesting and challenging.

JAEF on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    FightTest wrote: »

I've read similar stories. After 20, they really shine.

I think I'm going to take a break from my HoX and roll an assassin. I know they're supposedly bad, but I can't help but want to give them a shot.

Truth. After about 15 it starts to get better and around 20 they become awesome machines of death. I've got mine to 38 now and absolutely love it.

I'm really excited, my guild is up to around 25 people now.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    JAEF wrote: »
    So.. 90 fucking dollars for an 8800GS AND CALL OF DUTY 4. I realize this is not the most ideal card, but if you're strapped for cash, don't own CoD 4, and this card is an upgrade for you, do it.

DO IT.

Also just ran Sanctum, the first real group instance (at level 40.) Actually fairly interesting and challenging.

How about them lakes 'o blood?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.