As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Text effects in strange places - Fixed

AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I just did a mini-cleanup of my computer, deleting various programs I never used, defragmenting and other general cleaning. I noticed after that I have some text doing things it shouldn't in strange places, for instance on certain webpages (well, just Google so far) and my messaging program Pidgin. Some examples: one two

For some reason the text in Google is italic now, and on Pidgin, bold. I have a feeling this is something simple that I just don't know about. I hope, at least. My first thought was somehow my settings within theme got changed so I set it to Windows Classic, no dice. I went in manually and looked, everything appeared to be normal.

I would appreciate some insight. Thank you.

edit: I'm not sure what caused it, but I fixed it by using the Repair Font Folder function under the Repair tab in TweakUI.

I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Adrenaline on