Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

AoC on the Mac?

Wormhole AnthropologistWormhole Anthropologist Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
Does anyone know if Age of Conan is scheduled to be ported to the Mac?

I am not wanting to dual boot into Windows to play an MMO (a time consuming process) so I figure I'll stick with WoW in OS X unless AoC is slotted to come.

Thanks!

Wormhole Anthropologist on

• Seaborn111Seaborn111 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    installing AOC with crossover games right now. i'll let you know how it turns out.

Seaborn111 on
    </bush>
    It's impossible for us to without a doubt prove the non-existence of God. We just have to take it on faith that he's imaginary..
  • NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

dual boot into Windows = (a time consuming process)
    Thanks!

um, dual booting into windows takes as long as booting OSX... I don't understand.

Nalouto on
    :winky:
    edited May 2008
    wow, talk about a stupid ass hang up.

installing requires two dvd's.

OSX will not let me eject a CD that is "in use by an application" no matter what.

since crossover is technically using it instead of the installer, i can't eject the bitch.

so stuck at 50% and can't do shit. woo!

Seaborn111 on
    </bush>
    It's impossible for us to without a doubt prove the non-existence of God. We just have to take it on faith that he's imaginary..
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Seaborn111 wrote: »
    wow, talk about a stupid ass hang up.

installing requires two dvd's.

OSX will not let me eject a CD that is "in use by an application" no matter what.

since crossover is technically using it instead of the installer, i can't eject the bitch.

so stuck at 50% and can't do shit. woo!

Grab a paper clip and manually eject it?

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
    edited May 2008
    does not work. solly.

Seaborn111 on
    </bush>
  • Wormhole AnthropologistWormhole Anthropologist Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nalouto wrote: »

dual boot into Windows = (a time consuming process)
    Thanks!

um, dual booting into windows takes as long as booting OSX... I don't understand.

I know this is lazy but I usually have a ton of windows open and going like Mail, iChat, iTunes, a few Safari windows, some other stuff. Having to relaunch all this every time I get the itch (and finish) playing TF2 in Windows is a pain.

If I can run a game natively I would rather do that to support Mac gaming and not have to waste time and effort dual booting.

Its a shame Crossover Games is so crappy. I can't believe they think TF2 runs good. Not being able to see facial expressions, having weird lag glitches, and running in direct x 8 at 25 FPS on a Mac Book Pro is epic fail, not "great gaming". :/

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    DX8? eewww...

But let me get this straight, you're already dual-booting for TF2 and you're not willing to do it for another game? I think you're underestimating how awesome it is to put an ax in someone's shoulder and then cut their head off with the sword in your off-hand.

MrMonroe on
  • GalactusGoGalactusGo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Im running AoC on my MBP, its playable, not amazing but playable.

GalactusGo on
    edited May 2008
    GalactusGo wrote: »

in osx or windows?

edited May 2008
    basically i dont want to commit to an MMO that looks REALLLLY good since i need to be in os x all the time. dualbooting between the two every 3 hours would become a real hassle.

• GalactusGoGalactusGo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    GalactusGo wrote: »

in osx or windows?

Xp via bootcamp.

GalactusGo on
  • elgatoelgato Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You are losing nerd points my brother. Man up and buy a 600 laptop. These days they have enough power for decent gaming.

Teasing ><

elgato on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I know this is lazy but I usually have a ton of windows open and going like Mail, iChat, iTunes, a few Safari windows, some other stuff. Having to relaunch all this every time I get the itch (and finish) playing TF2 in Windows is a pain.

If I can run a game natively I would rather do that to support Mac gaming and not have to waste time and effort dual booting.

Its a shame Crossover Games is so crappy. I can't believe they think TF2 runs good. Not being able to see facial expressions, having weird lag glitches, and running in direct x 8 at 25 FPS on a Mac Book Pro is epic fail, not "great gaming". :/

Hmmm. TF2 in Crossover Games runs almost flawlessly on my iMac, and that's with a crappy X1600.

admanb on