As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Long Range Wireless Keyboards / Mice

MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNARochester, MNRegistered User regular
Anyone have any luck with longer distance keyboard and mice (of the wireless variety)? I am getting a new laptop, which of course I want to pipe through my HD TV and surf from the comfort of my couch / love sac.

I've been looking at sets online, but I haven't seen a single damn listing tell me the range of use.

I am in the business of saving lives.
MegaMan001 on

• Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bluetooth is your best bet. I know Logitech makes one, I don't know if anyone makes them too, but bluetooth is certainly your best bet.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Logitech MX5000 Bluetooth desktop. I can confirm it works to about 40 feet through standard house framing/walls. But.... and this may just be my computer, but I get some keyboard lag when I'm playing WoW. It's the only game I can think of that does it (but I don't play that many games on my computer). Basically, you hit a key, and there's a 0.5-1s delay on whatever action is bound to said key. It doesn't always happen, but it was common enough to make me stop using the keyboard completely, which is ridiculous, because it cost me $150+....

It also has volume controls, media player controls (which are fuckawesome), an LCD Screen (temperature/current song/etc.), several programmable buttons, and comes with a sick mouse. When I build my new machine (tomorrow night) I'll be hooking it all up and seeing if I still have the same problem with the keyboard that I had before.

EDIT: Listed range on this set is 60'. Like I said, I've only tested it to 40. From outside my condo, through several walls, to turn up my music.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI