Options

[Co-op On] Synergy - Episode 2 is now playable! Not that I can...

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm not sure what house defense you're talking about, but I'd certainly be game for a EP2 playthrough.

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Okay, let me download EP2 and then take the maps out. I am currently trying out HL2 (original) anyone want to give it a shot real quick?

urahonky on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm not sure what house defense you're talking about, but I'd certainly be game for a EP2 playthrough.

The part where you go through the town with Alyx and then a whole squad of combine show up and pin you down in a house while those robot things bust through the walls like the kool-aid man.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Played a little HL2 original with BlueDestiny, holy shit that was fun. I was laughing way too hard at everything we did.

urahonky on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Played a little HL2 original with BlueDestiny, holy shit that was fun. I was laughing way too hard at everything we did.

I liked the part where you just started wailing on an explosive barrel I was carrying. *punchpunchpunch-BOOOOOOM* :lol:

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

I liked the part where you just started wailing on an explosive barrel I was carrying. *punchpunchpunch-BOOOOOOM* :lol:

Seriously didn't think it would do anything hahaha.

urahonky on
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah Episode 2 is where it's at for epic co-op (I think :p)

Anyway: Steamid'd:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/ampix

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Impersonator on
  • Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I want to play original campaign co-op with someone :(

Centipeed on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Centipeed wrote: »
    I want to play original campaign co-op with someone :(

I'm just going to have something to eat, then watch last night's peep show, then I'll be up for that.

Feel free to start without me if anyone else is available though.

LewieP on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ok, I'm ready when you are!

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Can I join you guys? :oops:

Btw, I've added LewieP and a whole lot

Impersonator on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I don't know why, but I don't think my computer likes servers.

I go to whatismyip.com, tell it to LewieP, and open the port 27015. But he gets a not responding error. Is there anything I could be missing out that would stop me from running a quick start server?

Centipeed on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey guys, can I join the HL2 campaign fun?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zimfan

Also, yesterday starting at about 1:00pm I started the HL2 campaign with a friend, and we beat it at about 11:25pm and boy let me tell you, it was AWESOME. Most of the fun came when people would join and we'd harass them (such as we would always spawn first and then we'd take both the buggy's"

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Alright, I'll add you all now.

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    MastashakeMastashake Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Eager to Join

Mastashake on
  • Options
    DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'd love to start from the beginning, but I'll coop an episode if needed.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dualedge

DualEdge on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    We should group players by continent, it's the lag's fault! :lol:

Impersonator on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    We should group players by continent, it's the lag's fault! :lol:

I agree

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    LewieP and I had a good run for a while. I was running a quick start server and he was getting 60-70 ping or so. Which was pretty awesome. Then he timed for some reason, and Zimfan and Belo Legume joined because they're both douches, and shit started getting laggy. I think my housemates were using the internet or something crazy like that.

Still, when it works, it works well.

I'm pretty sure that the server IP address and my external IP address are different though. Or, if not, LewieP couldn't connect to my server directly through the console, but COULD if he went through the server browser. What gives?

Centipeed on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    D'oh, sorry zim. I meant to change the map back to the first level. :(

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Urahonky's IP added!

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Urahonky's IP added!

But it still says no American server a line before that:P

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ampix wrote: »
    Urahonky's IP added!

But it still says no American server a line before that:P

...............crud.

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ep2 is up and going. For some reason the beginning levels weren't working correctly, and kept giving me an error. I don't know what ep2_outland_01 and ep2_outland_01a were, but they weren't working. Maybe the intro movie?

e: Odd, it's making me download the map for some reason, even though I clearly have the map because I am running it lol.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ep2 is up and going. For some reason the beginning levels weren't working correctly, and kept giving me an error. I don't know what ep2_outland_01 and ep2_outland_01a were, but they weren't working. Maybe the intro movie?

I need to finish packing my bag (I'm going on a trip tomorrow), but then I'll be on for some episode 2.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'm logging onto the server to make sure it's the right level to begin at, then you can take my spot Ampix.

urahonky on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

e: Odd, it's making me download the map for some reason, even though I clearly have the map because I am running it lol.

Yeah, right now I'm at the download screen, although it doesn't seem to actually be downloading anything.

Maybe it's not able to run Ep. 2 yet. I've seen some sources that say it can, others that say it can't.

Edit: Nevermind, it IS downloading, just very slowly.

Mars on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I found out (I think) what's wrong. I am missing a TON of models and scripts in my synergy folder, so i'll be moving them over now.

The map was downloading because it was missing textures and stuff :( hopefully it wont do that again.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I found out (I think) what's wrong. I am missing a TON of models and scripts in my synergy folder, so i'll be moving them over now.

The map was downloading because it was missing textures and stuff :( hopefully it wont do that again.

I tried to connect three seconds ago and it disconnected because it said I was missing the map... I hope this is because you were dicking around with it, 'cause else... D:

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, sorry... I'm copying all of the textures and stuff over to synergy, hopefully that'll keep it from downloading maybe?

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, sorry... I'm copying all of the textures and stuff over to synergy, hopefully that'll keep it from downloading maybe?

Alright, the server is down for me ATM, but that makes sense if you're copying stuff etc. to it.

EDIT: a second after I post I refresh and it's back...

EDIT 2: aaaand I've still got the same problem :(

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Same here, Ampix. I thought at first it was because urahonky restarted the server while I was still downloading the map, but if it's happening to you too, then maybe not.

Also, I'm looking through the mcf files in the maps folder, and I see files for all the maps in HL2 and Ep 1, but nothing for Ep 2. Since I have no idea what the mcf files DO, exactly, I'm not sure how significant it is. To hazard a guess, though, I'd think they're needed to be able to load the original maps into Synergy.

Mars on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Mars wrote: »
    Same here, Ampix. I thought at first it was because urahonky restarted the server while I was still downloading the map, but if it's happening to you too, then maybe not.

Also, I'm looking through the mcf files in the maps folder, and I see files for all the maps in HL2 and Ep 1, but nothing for Ep 2. Since I have no idea what the mcf files DO, exactly, I'm not sure how significant it is. To hazard a guess, though, I'd think they're needed to be able to load the original maps into Synergy.

You know, reading from the website, it in no way indicates that it is in fact possible to play episode 2, but that it's coming up in the future orange box update.

EDIT: best part even, the website is not working right now.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh I'll get this damn it! :)

It'll take some time though :( I just copied all the error messages and I need to find a ton of models.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ampix wrote: »
    Mars wrote: »

You know, reading from the website, it in no way indicates that it is in fact possible to play episode 2, but that it's coming up in the future orange box update.

EDIT: best part even, the website is not working right now.

Actually they already updated Episode 2 to work.

Edit: I've got a Fraps video on what the map looks like at the moment, but Youtube won't work.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    BernardBernoulliBernardBernoulli Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm pretty sure the current Synergy can't play Ep2

If it can, it hasn't been made that way and it's just a fluke. Or you lot have a different version to me. I think I have 2.2

BernardBernoulli on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'm pretty sure the current Synergy can't play Ep2

If it can, it hasn't been made that way and it's just a fluke. Or you lot have a different version to me. I think I have 2.2

I believe 1.1 is the latest release...

EDIT:
    The current release, Synergy 1.1, added support for Episode One features, resources and maps, and shifted the codebase dependency to Source SDK Base and HalfLife 2.

Development for the next version of Synergy is focused on full support for Episode Two features and chapters.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Synergy

So basically from reading the forums, it's possible, but isn't optimized and requires some modding etc.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BernardBernoulliBernardBernoulli Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm not surprised I got the version wrong, maybe I have 2.2 of some other mod.

Didn't the website say something about them having finished the Orange Box stuff? They're probably testing. And even if we get Ep 2 working, a lot of the stuff that made HL2 work co-op wouldn't have been done

BernardBernoulli on