Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Having sound problems with certain games

StasisStasis Registered User regular
I have a Sound Blaster Audigy, kind of old and it was used when I got it, I believe. Occasionally my audio will all just turn into static. It seems to be related to playing Team Fortress 2, though it's only done it twice while actually in TF2. It usually happens shortly after I've played TF2, and the only way to fix it that I've found is to reboot.

My other problem is when playing Crysis, my sound just cuts out completely after 10 to 15 minutes. Again, I have to reboot to get it back.

I've updated my drivers (got the latest one from Creative's website) and it still cuts out in Crysis. I haven't experienced the static one yet, but it wasn't that common anyway. I can guarantee every time I play Crysis I'll lose my audio though.

So I figure my sound card is just bad or Crysis doesn't like Creative sound cards or something, but I tried taking my Sound Blaster out and using my on-board Realtek sound and Crysis just crashes completely with that.

Any ideas other than buy a new sound card? I'd like that to be my last resort. :P

Stasis on