As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox 360 Acheivement question

GuibsGuibs Weekend WarriorSomewhere up North.Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
I believe I have all the collectible items but I have not gotten the "collect all items" acheivement for the game. I am at the final boss. am I missing something or will I get the acheivement after killing the boss?

Anyone was able to kill the final boss without using healing items? I have been trying for an hour without luck. I can get to his final stage (form) but even if I always block his attached and use potion to raise defence of lower his attack, I still can't get it done. all my characters are lvl 15... Any advice ?

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
Guibs on

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    For your first question, yes. You get the final song after defeating The Silent One.

As for no healing items, I wrote this elsewhere...
    He's weak to Hot Toddys and Dynamite. I made sure before the fight I had max of both.

When the fight begins, Silent One's first move is to use an Attack Up potion. You can ignore this...

Your first moves should be tossing both Dynamites and all 8 Hot Toddys, plus any extra friends attacks that are available (T. Kemper and such). The Toddys do about as much damage as your normal attacks, but more importantly you can chain them so that Silent One can not do anything for quite a while. I even used the Clown Noses because even though he is not weak to them, they still do damage and delay his first attack that much longer. The amount of damage you do with the item barage will take him almost to his Phase 2 state.

You'll notice during this item barage as well that his Attack Up potion wears off, so you just completely negated it. Once you're out of Toddys, Noses, Dynamites and Friends, hit him with a Speed Down potion. This will slow his attacks tremendously. When you see the Speed Down wear off, throw up another. I generally use Gabe for my items because he does the least damage but has the fastest recharge rate. When you run out of Speed Downs, use the Attack Down potions instead. This should be pretty late into the fight and it'll cause his unblocked attacks to do 1-5 damage.

The only issue here is that Tycho has the least HP and lowest defense of all your characters, meaning that blocking is critical. Even with Speed Down potions, Silent Ones attacks hurt a lot if they are not blocked.

Offensively, wait for your special attacks. The regular attacks are more frequent, but the total damage is less. Don't bother with the Triple Team attack either, it might do ~3400 damage, but you can do two Gabes (~1000), a player (~1200) and a Tycho in that time (~1600), which is much more than the 3400.

As a side note: When I got the achievement for no healing items, Tycho died on me with about 10k hp left. His HP is just so much lower than the other two characters that it's almost impossible to keep him alive. I had to play through it a second time to get Immortal.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    clown noses?? I never got any of those. Where do you get them?

VoodooV on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    From the dessicated corpses of clowns, where else?

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    seriously, I never got any and I've finished the game. I take it they fill the empty spot in my inventory between oranges and invisible boxes?

Bug?

VoodooV on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Must have been. I got them fairly frequently from fights with the Clowns when you first enter the bay.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    heh, and just so we're clear...I did buy the game :)

VoodooV on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The spot between Oranges and Mime boxes is empty. Nothing goes there. The Clown Noses look like cherry bombs and fit between Hot Toddys and Dynamite.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh. Nevermind, I do have them then. I never bothered to look at the description for them. I just got one one time and thought, "orange bombs, cool" I never paid it any more thought than that.

VoodooV on
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    For your first question, yes. You get the final song after defeating The Silent One.

As for no healing items, I wrote this elsewhere...
    He's weak to Hot Toddys and Dynamite. I made sure before the fight I had max of both.

When the fight begins, Silent One's first move is to use an Attack Up potion. You can ignore this...

Your first moves should be tossing both Dynamites and all 8 Hot Toddys, plus any extra friends attacks that are available (T. Kemper and such). The Toddys do about as much damage as your normal attacks, but more importantly you can chain them so that Silent One can not do anything for quite a while. I even used the Clown Noses because even though he is not weak to them, they still do damage and delay his first attack that much longer. The amount of damage you do with the item barage will take him almost to his Phase 2 state.

You'll notice during this item barage as well that his Attack Up potion wears off, so you just completely negated it. Once you're out of Toddys, Noses, Dynamites and Friends, hit him with a Speed Down potion. This will slow his attacks tremendously. When you see the Speed Down wear off, throw up another. I generally use Gabe for my items because he does the least damage but has the fastest recharge rate. When you run out of Speed Downs, use the Attack Down potions instead. This should be pretty late into the fight and it'll cause his unblocked attacks to do 1-5 damage.

The only issue here is that Tycho has the least HP and lowest defense of all your characters, meaning that blocking is critical. Even with Speed Down potions, Silent Ones attacks hurt a lot if they are not blocked.

Offensively, wait for your special attacks. The regular attacks are more frequent, but the total damage is less. Don't bother with the Triple Team attack either, it might do ~3400 damage, but you can do two Gabes (~1000), a player (~1200) and a Tycho in that time (~1600), which is much more than the 3400.

As a side note: When I got the achievement for no healing items, Tycho died on me with about 10k hp left. His HP is just so much lower than the other two characters that it's almost impossible to keep him alive. I had to play through it a second time to get Immortal.

Thanks, I'll give this a try tonight.

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Just did SBD - Make sure you're constantly buffing your characters and keep an eye on the boss' debuff, replenishing it when necessary.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    holy fuck. I can't believe it. I just got Immortal and SBD in the same playthrough.

Everything just clicked. I followed JustinSane07's advice got most blocks in except for one I think I managed to buff player's and tycho's defense and attack while debuffing Yog's speed and attack. Used Gabe as my exclusive buff/debuff thrower even got gabe to do a few special attacks too.

whew!

VoodooV on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Nice. I didn't really bother buffing Tycho's defense, I probably should have though.

How many tries did it take you?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    3 or 4 I believe. I was getting my ass handed to me the first couple tries. But I found out that I had misread your advice and was using speed down and defense down on Yog. Defense down really didn't help me out much.

So when I tried it again, I discovered there were a couple times where gabe was ready to use an item, but yog already had a debuff running so I figured I might as well throw a defense+ on Tycho. When I had ran out of defense+ I started using attack+ and that really made a difference I think, I don't remember the actual numbers, but Tycho's and the player's special attacks were now in the 2000's I believe

When Yog was defeated, Tycho actually had the most health.

A lot of it was just practice too, just getting the timing right on the blocks and getting the timing right on when to throw another debuff on Yog. The first few times it was pure information overload and I'd lose my rhythm and it would all fall apart

VoodooV on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I was doing terribly until I got the timing right on his third phase. If you can make it so that you just counter every melee, it gets ridiculously easy.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!