As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Motherboards with LED POST readout.

ArcticMonkeyArcticMonkey Registered User regular
After my last PC did not have this most essential* feature I'm looking for a 775 motherboard with one now that I'm thinking about another upgrade.
The most promising I found so far is Abit IP35 Pro, but that card has a lot of stuff I don't want to pay for.
So does anyone have a list of motherboards with a LED, or can recommend a 775 ddr2 card with one?

*(It's a LED screen with 2 numbers that tell you exactly why your PC don't start. It's the kind of thing that will cut down troubleshooting from days** to minutes)
**(sometimes you don't have compatible stuff to test with)

"You read it! You can't unread it!"
venstre.giflobotDanceMiddle.gifhoyre.gif
ArcticMonkey on

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    I can't help with your question but FWIW right now Newegg has that motherboard with a $50 MIR, so you're looking at $130.

Organichu on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You could get a POST card?
    I mean, I guess that only works if your PCI slots are still good, but this way you could buy one thing and use it on all your motherboards...

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Great suggestion Tofystedeth, will order a cheaper version of that on Ebay.

Organichu, I wish I could order stuf from NewEgg. Instead I live where we have 11.5 $ a gallon gas :P
    Todays price where I live in Norway

ArcticMonkey on
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I generally buy epox motherboards exclusively now because they have this POST 7 segment readout. So damn handy. And they usually aren't that expensive atall.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    ToyD wrote: »
    I generally buy epox motherboards exclusively now because they have this POST 7 segment readout. So damn handy. And they usually aren't that expensive atall.

Epox is what I had one PC ago, but I'm pretty sure the company is dead. The norwegian hardware price list has zero epox cards listed, newegg has zero and http://www.epox.com/ is copyrighted 2005.

ArcticMonkey on
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You know I haven't looked in awhile and you seem to be entirely correct. Man, now I'm wondering what I'll go to. No one is selling them anymore either. Suck. I couldn't find any with a 7 segment display on a quick search of major vendors on newegg. Damn.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sinnsinn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Asus and Abit both offer boards with 7-Seg displays for POST data.

sinn on
    He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.