As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Radio Theater

ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday ArmadilloI'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So hey guys I need help with two things. I am resurrecting radio theater at my college radio station next year and had two questions which I felt you gentlemen could assist me with.
  1. Are there any websites or easy ways of seeing if a story has entered the public domain or just isn't copyrighted anymore?
  2. Do you have any suggestions for really good short stories which could be adapted well to the radio theater medium?

My first story that I want to go ahead and produce is an adaptation of The Most Dangerous Game (1929), I just wanted to see if it was still copyrighted and if you guys had any other good ideas/advice concerning stories or approaching the production of radio theater.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
Zonugal on

• Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

I hope you've found voice talent with acting experience. I also hope this goes really well for you!

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I hope you've found voice talent with acting experience. I also hope this goes really well for you!

I have connections with some of the upperclassmen within the theater department on campus, so finding talent won't be super difficult.

I had an idea about after doing 2-3 normal shows attempting a 'Law and Order'-esce show where the campus can vote as the Jury and decide how the end of the show turns out. Good, bad?

Zonugal on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Depends on how big you think your audience is.
    I would go ahead and e-mail the Theatre department head. They might have a listserv (e-mail list program) to contact all theatre students.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Mind you the school year just finished, so I have the summer to adapt stories and work out which sound effects are needed. Casting and production will be done when I arrive for the new quarter.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    EvilMuffinEvilMuffin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Where are you located, when you start this I would kill for a way to listen.

EvilMuffin on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    EvilMuffin wrote: »
    Where are you located, when you start this I would kill for a way to listen.

I attend Central Washington University, which is located in Ellensburg, WA. Lucky for you, our station 88.1 The Burg streams online.

Zonugal on