As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On!] Nexus War 2.0 - Brand new PA faction!

• Options
    WembleyWembley Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Jast wrote: »
    Joe! Found you.

Thanks for the heal! I was wondering who the random person that healed me was.

Wembley on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Aroduc wrote: »
    I'm rather jaded with the game at the moment, truth be told. I somehow ascended to being the leader of one of the more... sedentary factions. The problem is that we're evil and aside from the recent stain, it's getting a bit tiresome to see all the groupthink and "this is the proper way to play the game and we're completely set in our ways," especially from the Paradise factions that it's really starting to become a chore more than anything else.

I'll be honest, pretty much everyone was really confused about why you left.

But yeah, I know what you mean. Much of angelic community has one specific way that they all play. It gets annoying after a while. KoA managed to stay out of basically all of that, but in doing so we ostracized ourselves from the rest of the Nexus community and got too cliquey.

Some of the Evil factions are worth looking into (The Shining Ones comes to mind), but overall getting deep into the politics is just inviting trouble. I just like killing. Sometimes smacktalking. That stuff.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    JastJast Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    No problem.

Ok, here's what I've collected.

An average compound bow with 10 shots

A broken compound bow with 6 shots

An average double barreled shotgun with 1 shot

An average double barreled shotgun with 2 shots

An average pistol with 0 shots

2 small bottles of gunpowder

2 throwing knives

1 dose of ampehetamines

2 doses of painkillers

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited June 2008
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    I'm rather jaded with the game at the moment, truth be told. I somehow ascended to being the leader of one of the more... sedentary factions. The problem is that we're evil and aside from the recent stain, it's getting a bit tiresome to see all the groupthink and "this is the proper way to play the game and we're completely set in our ways," especially from the Paradise factions that it's really starting to become a chore more than anything else.

I'll be honest, pretty much everyone was really confused about why you left.

But yeah, I know what you mean. Much of angelic community has one specific way that they all play. It gets annoying after a while. KoA managed to stay out of basically all of that, but in doing so we ostracized ourselves from the rest of the Nexus community and got too cliquey.

Some of the Evil factions are worth looking into (The Shining Ones comes to mind), but overall getting deep into the politics is just inviting trouble. I just like killing. Sometimes smacktalking. That stuff.

Because there were some really cliquey and jackassy people in IRC that were attempting to start all sorts of drama and I didn't feel like dealing with it. And now I'm just dealing with a completely different brand of imbecile from the angels. It's almost more frustrating because they're not guilty of being set in their ways, they're guilty of being really fucking stupid and have the gall to contact me making passiveaggressive threats while going "lol, we're all friends here, but we're going to grief you to hell, don't take it seriously please don't do it to us k bai"

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, Wembley can probably make you some gun ammo with those bottles of gunpowder.

Has anyone taken a look at the classes yet? Any questions on what skill trees would be best for what classes?

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=132932

I might have jumped the gun on the whole killing everything that moves or could maybe move bit

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'd be up for this. Do we know for sure if we are going evil or good?

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Finally made it to the house, I'll see what I can do about getting power to it when I get enough AP.

Wembley on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Alright ive made a character and will now beat the shit out of things until i level up a bit then go find you guys.

http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=132935

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, what's up with cults? Any downside to joining one? The benefits seem pretty minor, but I want those CP points.

Fats on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Downside? Well, it's difficult to get favor. And favor decays at a rate of 1 or 2 percent a day. That's PERCENT, not points. It's crazy.

I'll send off a mail for voting and stuff.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've relogged in, looks neat. I have a level 28 Eternal Soldier in KoA who amazingly was still alive. I also have a 26 Void Walker in Pirates of Ry'leth and a Level 15 Shepherd in Doctors Without Borders. Though I remember that trying to level with a healer got pretty horrible since at higher levels you see very few injured people instead of corpses. Any chance they've made that any better?
    Edit: Also I apparently can't remember how to fire any of my guns but my sub machine gun, even though I have a loaded shotgun, rifle, and pistol.

Neaden on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Neaden wrote: »
    I've relogged in, looks neat. I have a level 28 Eternal Soldier in KoA who amazingly was still alive. I also have a 26 Void Walker in Pirates of Ry'leth and a Level 15 Shepherd in Doctors Without Borders. Though I remember that trying to level with a healer got pretty horrible since at higher levels you see very few injured people instead of corpses. Any chance they've made that any better?
    Edit: Also I apparently can't remember how to fire any of my guns but my sub machine gun, even though I have a loaded shotgun, rifle, and pistol.

What you do is this: click the person's name over there in the lefthand side, and a small box will come up. That will let you attack the person, heal them, use abilities on them.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Is there anyway to get off Maquez Island without swim..?

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Is there anyway to get off Maquez Island without swim..?

Yeah, there's a ferry down there. Check the Uber Map (first post) and find the ferry at *checks* 43, 67. It's a Pharmacy. The just take it t Jonestown.

Man, I remember back in the day when Maquez and Harper Islands were released, no one knew there were ferries... That was fun.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I dunno if I can commit too much, but heres my guy. I just killed a level 15 myrmidon by unloading with a compound bow, a pistol, a shotgun and an SMG.

http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=117616

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Might as well give this another go, then. I always did enjoy the game a lot.

I'll use this character for now. I may delete one of mine and start a new one, in which case i'll drop that one out and have the new one join in.

Aistan on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited June 2008
    Fats wrote: »
    So, what's up with cults? Any downside to joining one? The benefits seem pretty minor, but I want those CP points.

Yes. The demonic ones are broken as fuck at the moment with no fix in sight while the angelic ones are basically free bonuses and CP if you're any of the Shepherd exits. Also with no fix in sight.

So I guess to be honest, the answer is "only if you're a demon."

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Fats wrote: »

Yes. The demonic ones are broken as fuck at the moment with no fix in sight while the angelic ones are basically free bonuses and CP if you're any of the Shepherd exits. Also with no fix in sight.

So I guess to be honest, the answer is "only if you're a demon."

Oh yeah. I forgot about Tholaghru, the "evil" elder power that is apparently neutral to everyone, so you can't kill any cultists at all or you'll immediately be in the hole.
    :|

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited June 2008
    I love the "lol don't worry, bounties will even shit out eventually" argument. I found an Alonai Lightspeaker worth 12 once. By the time I killed 3 sprites, they were down to the default 2. And oh yeah, once you hit 200 favor as a demon, you need to be killing 3 angels a day just to stay even, and since AoE doesn't count for anything, VWs are basically completely fucked. IBs aren't much better off either. At least the Defiler exists can poison for 1 favor a pop. Meanwhile, angels are hitting 1000 in a few days and still bitching about how 'overpowered' stain is with half of Paradise infused in the 300+ range.

I'm still trying to fathom what fucking 'testing' or even thought went into them, they're that fucking poorly designed. He only announced them a year before implementing them. You'd think there'd have been a fucking rational thought at some point between then and now.

Yes, I'm slightly bitter and annoyed.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The improvements with the respawning around HQs is something really needed, as it could take DAYS to get back, and you'd get killed on the doorstep and be forced to respawn again. There are tons of builds to try out, and you can play several different ways. Organizing raids was a bit of a pain though.

I played this pretty exclusively for about 7 months. I got a spellcaster to a level 28 Lich. Then there were some "We play this way" dudes in the old Wang/Knight faction that basically made it impossible to play with them since keeping positive morality is impossible when raising a ton of minions from the dead. It quickly went from "Oh, anyone can play however they want", quickly to "Play our way or else you are out."

I won't be playing this again, despite having paid for extra character slots. It's a huge time sink.

Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    How is this a time sink?

You only play for like 30 minutes tops..

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Did you decide on going good or evil?

I'd like to join with this guy if you went good:

http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=89923

I have a DO if you go evil.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'm going neutral that way I'll join regardless.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    How is this a time sink?

You only play for like 30 minutes tops..
    When you have 6 characters or more it adds up. Also, if you get INVOLVED in a clan, raids happen at the worst times.

Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm in, had an old char I played around one day and forgot about.

http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=110563

May end up making a new character, but not sure yet.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Are factories or whatever still really important? Are we close to one?

Frem on
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Once you figure out if we're going Good/Evil/Other, let me know, as I have a 21 Lightspeaker, 21 Infernal Behemoth and a 21 Eternal Soldier. I'll link to the one that matches our decided affiliation.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    A new faction? I've still got a character in KoA, could swap, especially since NCs don't care about your Good/Evil faction alignments.

http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=119256

That's A Herd of Kittens. Aren't they cute? They know how to heal, can help get your weapons fixed, make ammo, and fix doors.

They also enjoy scenic teleports through Purgatorio, and killing things.

Also have a slowly getting annoyed WM in Demons without Borders (he also wants to kill things), and a soon to be lvl 20 VW in The Salty Dogs (lvl 19 now) who has trouble hiding and swimming, so he's basically death farming at the moment.

Mercutio87 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, I think we're going to go Evil. For now, we're gonna infuse this spot we've got and build up the membership, then switch over.

I'll put the location of the hold in the OP. (it's at 16,44 BTW)

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I vote for Neutral.

Last time we went good and it was a bitch to find targets after a while, and personally Evil seems just as annoying to me.

We should be Guardians of the Balance, killing Demon and Angel alike to preserve human free will.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Just a heads up, I'm probably gonna delete Zee, the character I have in the faction right now. I will rejoin once I'm satisfied that I'm going to keep whatever character I work on.

(Also, I'm gonna be going for a neutral class)

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I also vote for Neutral. I mean, there needs to be a challenge to it.

For a while, I was a member of an evil faction which played as good. That was pretty fun because everyone hated us. Demons attacked us, angels attacked us, it was great. For a while. Sadly, having generic paladins mowing you down in the street as you heal people gets really old really fast.

Frem on
  • Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Frem wrote: »
    I also vote for Neutral. I mean, there needs to be a challenge to it.

For a while, I was a member of an evil faction which played as good. That was pretty fun because everyone hated us. Demons attacked us, angels attacked us, it was great. For a while. Sadly, having generic paladins mowing you down in the street as you heal people gets really old really fast.

I still find that lots of fun, but to be fair, my demon healer wanders the street with a gang of buffed Hellhounds, armor, a minor damage aura, and a very high dodge. So my amusement more comes from watching people flail wildly at me, as I make fun of them. It's especially fun when a death farming mortal tries to get my pets to attack him, and I just set my pets to passive before they finish killing him...and then just watch him as he swings at them, nothing happens, swings at me....misses every time, and nothing happens, and then I heal the fellow up and continue on my way. That's not being a demon, its being deliciously insane.

However, when you never get to raid, it does get a bit old. :(

Mercutio87 on
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=132987

I'd like to sign up, played some NW back in the day, but I decided to make a new character.

Verr on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Where the hell is everyone?

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Kris_xK wrote: »

Bingo?

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Kris_xK wrote: »

Last time I checked, 5 of us were chilling in a house at 16,44

Wembley on
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wow, things have really changed. Pirates of R'lyeh were just some pitiful band of leftovers when my alt joined them, but now they're the highest level faction in the game?

I'm not sure how much I can commit to playing, but I have a L13 myrmidon or a L12 sorcerer that can join up. I think I might start a new character for the time being just to get used to the game again.

Edit: Uh, I just tried to delete and inactive character and now the server is looking...not good. I only broke it for myself and not everyone else, right? Nevermind, cookie's gone and all is right with the world.

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus