As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Laptop battery advice

paco_pepepaco_pepe Registered User regular
So i just bought a new Gateway laptop, its my first time owning a personal laptop.

This machine will be used at home most of the time, maybe taking it outside here and then, so what is the proper way to use it regarding to power?

The manual states that the machine should be always plugged in if there are available power outlets nearby, but several websites ive visited claim that doing this will only kill the battery faster, that you should remove the battery if the laptop will have a more desktop-y role.

Whats your personal experience in this subject??

Paco+Pepper.png
paco_pepe on

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dan Gookin, author of the first "For Dummies" book (and several since then), once informed me on his (now closed down) forum that the best way to keep a laptop battery alive for a long time if you'll primarily be working from a power outlet is to unplug once a week or so and let the battery run down.

Frem on