As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DnD Podcasting

AgnosticToolAgnosticTool Registered User new member
edited June 2008 in Critical Failures
Crappy reason to be starting a thread... but the whole PA DnD podcast was a great listen. And I'm curious if anyone knows of sites I can find more DnD game recordings.

I appreciate it.

AgnosticTool on

• Options
    vitaminjvitaminj Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm really enjoying the PA DnD podcast series too. I went googling for more of the same. I did manage to find the following feed.

http://www.rpgmp3.com/downloads/data/wld/rss.xml

Their latest update appears to be the same campaign that the PA guys are doing in their podcast. I haven't listened to these guys yet, though. If you do, let me know how it is.

vitaminj on
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Also, http://thetome.podbean.com/ seems to have at least one play session, with the possibility of more. I really like hearing other groups going through and picking up DM pointers or pitfalls. Hope more people start doing this kind of thing.

E: Holy crap, the rpgmp3 guys have the World's Largest Dungeon play through!...So much for my free time...

LightRider on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    LightRider wrote: »
    E: Holy crap, the rpgmp3 guys have the World's Largest Dungeon play through!...So much for my free time...

Well, now I know what I'll be doing during WoW raids for the next few weeks...

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Archr5Archr5 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    vitaminj wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the PA DnD podcast series too. I went googling for more of the same. I did manage to find the following feed.

Their latest update appears to be the same campaign that the PA guys are doing in their podcast. I haven't listened to these guys yet, though. If you do, let me know how it is.

the dude who is playing the ranger in their Keep on the Shadowfell podcast is PAINFUL to listen to. He's like the most lethargic, not-really-interested, gamer i've ever heard. the GM (who is brilliant by the way) does a good job of wrangling him and forcing the game along but dear lord it sounds like he's pulling teeth.

DM: "so what are you gonna do dude?"

Ranger dude: "uuuuuhhhmmmm *sigh* uuuuh.... I guess I'll......"

<silence>

<background noise, other players start chatting amongst themselves a bit>

DM: "ok, so what did you decide you were gonna do? Go talk to that person?"

Ranger dude: "Yeah I guess I'll go talk to the mayor or whatever."

Archr5 on
    somalia_banner.jpg
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, that guy is a pain...maybe he's dead tired or high or something...DM's doing his best though.

LightRider on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Archr5 wrote: »

the dude who is playing the ranger in their Keep on the Shadowfell podcast is PAINFUL to listen to. He's like the most lethargic, not-really-interested, gamer i've ever heard. the GM (who is brilliant by the way) does a good job of wrangling him and forcing the game along but dear lord it sounds like he's pulling teeth.

<silence>

Yea, that ranger sounded like he just didn't care.

Was the rogue a DMPC? They kept referring to "lindsay" but I'm pretty sure I only heard the 4 PCs+DM.

Last Son on
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Hey, we should send Tycho an email stating that if they don't put up a link to the episodes when they come out, we will crash explosive-laden hang-gliders into their office floors.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I forget the name of the site but I remember listening to a podcast of a group creating characters for and then playing through a game of Spirit of the Century. It was really neat as the rules were being explained as they went along, hearing that told me more about the game than any review I've read and I'd love to see more of this sort of thing.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Last Son wrote: »
    Archr5 wrote: »

<silence>

Yea, that ranger sounded like he just didn't care.

Was the rogue a DMPC? They kept referring to "lindsay" but I'm pretty sure I only heard the 4 PCs+DM.

In a delightful window into their domestic lives it was explained at the beginning that Lindsay wasn't playing tonight as she had a migraine. I assume it was her coming in and geting drinks halfway through.

I was dubious as to how entertaining non-professionals would be playing the game compared to the PA/PvP guys with a Wizards employed DM, but I really quite enjoyed the first half of Keep on the Shadowfell I listened to last night.

I was most pleasantly suprised to find that, judging by his accent, the DM was apparently from the midlands regions of our fine island nation.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    rabbit221rabbit221 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    In episode 3 Tycho and the Scott definitely reference Eddie Izzard. That is awesome. I went and saw him May 10th.

rabbit221 on
  • Options
    Archr5Archr5 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    In a delightful window into their domestic lives it was explained at the beginning that Lindsay wasn't playing tonight as she had a migraine. I assume it was her coming in and geting drinks halfway through.

I was dubious as to how entertaining non-professionals would be playing the game compared to the PA/PvP guys with a Wizards employed DM, but I really quite enjoyed the first half of Keep on the Shadowfell I listened to last night.

I was most pleasantly suprised to find that, judging by his accent, the DM was apparently from the midlands regions of our fine island nation.

the DM is brilliant, I've been listening to their other podcasts. and Him doing an "american" accent in their Call of Cthulhu game is extremely entertaining.

Also Ranger guy seems a little more interested in that game than he did in the Keep on the Shadowfell game.

I wish this was a whole group of people like the DM, it'd be like if the Monty Python cast did RPG's

Archr5 on
    somalia_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    SUPERSUGA wrote: »
    I forget the name of the site but I remember listening to a podcast of a group creating characters for and then playing through a game of Spirit of the Century. It was really neat as the rules were being explained as they went along, hearing that told me more about the game than any review I've read and I'd love to see more of this sort of thing.

That wasn't the Rolemonkeys, was it? Sub-podcast to the House of the Harping Monkey/The Roundtable/Misfit Brew? I don't think those are around anymore, unfortunately. I wish I still had the mp3s of those, because they were absolutely incredible, and were part of my semi-regular regimen of podcasts to help me get through working at the shitty job I worked at at the time. I think I remember giving the mp3s to UncleSporky on a flash drive last summer when he didn't have high-speed interwebs, I'll have to see if he's still got them on his computertrons.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That's the one Phibbs.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, those were absolutely incredible.

Also, another great podcast that doesn't update super regularly anymore is the Dragon's Landing. Not play sessions really, but the discussion, advice, features, etc. is all pure gold. And it's all DnD, though they really don't come out and say it as such, the point being that most of the stuff they talk about is applicable to any setting.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on