As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Zune Pass in Canada

AridholAridhol Daddliest CatchRegistered User regular
Does this exist and is anyone using it? How is it?

My ipod nano is currently having a "rough" time and I thought I might want to go to a subscription, all I can hear, type system.

Other things that are available to Canadians like the zune pass would be appreciated too, especially if they are hardware independent.

Aridhol on

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You cannot currently use the Zune pass in canada.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    :(

So there is nothing like it from other people that would be recommended?

Aridhol on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    As far as I know, in the US at least, there are a few agencies that deliver the same music and licenses to all of those similar pay-per-month, unlimited access services.

So what you'd find on Rhapsody and Napster would be the same, if they have those in canada.

However, the problem once again is that all three of those have the windows media drm files, so you'd still need to be careful about which MP3 player you were going to buy.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    wunderbar wrote: »

Are you sure? The Zune is being sold in Canada along with all its related products. I'm pretty sure the Zune Pass is available there.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It wasn't but I think it may be now that the zune is officially selling in Canada, I haven't checked yet and I will when I get around to it as I have owned a Zune since they first released in the US and live in Canada :( so we'll see

Dixon on
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

Are you sure? The Zune is being sold in Canada along with all its related products. I'm pretty sure the Zune Pass is available there.

Welcome to Canada. 5 years behind our southern neighbors in licensing content. This may be a good time to point out that we JUST got the iTunes video store for movies last month... despite it arriving 2 years ago in the US.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You guys probably don't even have subspace transportation technology yet either, huh?

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Threepio wrote: »

Welcome to Canada. 5 years behind our southern neighbors in licensing content. This may be a good time to point out that we JUST got the iTunes video store for movies last month... despite it arriving 2 years ago in the US.

Yea, we also can't get goo US network shows in our TV store yet. Unless you count Spike TV as "good"

Our CRTC (the body the controls our radio/television industry) has really crippled Canada for online distribution of video, TV especially, because of how they require you to license US shows.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar