As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halo: TBK XV || Carry on My Wayard Son

• DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I can't say I've ever been too lazy to install a game.

Oh wait. There are times I put off installing CoD2 when my clanmates scream at me. 6 CDs...Ugh god damn eb didn't have the dvd version.

And I'm gonna be on Halo 11EST. That's fifteen minutes. Join Me!

DekuStick on
  • Ezekiel Zelias ChaosEzekiel Zelias Chaos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Slayer: Midship, Lockout, Backwash, Desolation, Tombstone, Ascension, Turf, Ivory Tower.

Slayer Shotguns, Swords: Midship, Lockout, Warlock, Desolation

Slayer Pro and Rifles: Backwash, Lockout, Warlock, Foundation, Desolation, Tombstone, Elongation, Turf, Ivory Tower, Ascension, Desolation, Sanctuary, Zanzibar, Gemini, Colossus, Terminal, Headlong

Slayer Snipes: Ascension, Coagulation, Waterworks, Containment, Burial Mounds, Colossus, Lockout, Sanctuary, Terminal, Headlong, Relic

Slayer Rifles No Shields: Lockout, Sanctuary, Midship, Warlock, Ivory Tower, Turf, Terminal, Ascension

Team Slayer: Midship, Backwash, Lockout, Warlock, Desolation, Tombstone, Elongation, Turf, Ivory Tower, Ascension, Sanctuary

Team Slayer Pro: Midship, Lockout, Warlock, Foundation, Elongation, Desolation, Tombstone, Ivory Tower, Terminal, Burial Mounds, Headlong

Duals CTF: Sanctuary, Midship, Backwash, Elongation, Beaver Creek

Shotgun CTF: Midship, Beaver Creek

Multi-Flag: Sanctuary, Midship, Elongation, Beaver Creek, Backwash, Colossus, Coagulation, Backwash

Single Flag: Zanzibar, Headlong, Terminal, Containment, Turf, Relic, Coagulation, Waterworks, Tombstone

Shotgun Single Flag: Lockout, Turf

Single Flag Fast: Lockout, Ascension, Elongation, Tombstone

Neutral Flag: Midship, Sanctuary, Warlock, Backwash

Assault: Zanzibar, Lockout, Terminal, Relic, Coagulation, Waterworks, Tombstone

Multi-bomb: Midship, Beaver Creek

Neutral Bomb: Foundation, Warlock, Midship, Lockout

King of the Hill and Crazy King: Ascension, Terminal, Turf, Sanctuary, Gemini

Team King of the Hill, King of the Hill Tactics and Crazy King: Ascension, Turf, Lockout, Beaver Creek, Sanctuary, Gemini, Warlock, Desolation, Terminal

Oddball: Lockout, Midship, Beaver Creek, Sanctuary, Warlock, Backwash

Team Ball: Lockout, Midship, Beaver Creek, Sanctuary, Warlock, Backwash, Ascension, Tombstone

Territories: Lockout, Colossus, Midship, Coagulation, Turf, Warlock, Foundation, Sanctuary, Containment, Desolation, Ascension, Tombstone

Any complaints or further suggestions?

Minor details are already being taken into consideration, just wanted to get a 'general list' out for recommendation.

Ezekiel Zelias Chaos on
    heh heh heh
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    edited April 2007
    Well I think Zekes list pretty much destroys anyone elses.

Oooh throw some double damage types in there.

DekuStick on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    duplicating what I said in AIM:

what about Multi-Flag on Desolation? And are we turning off active camo for Backwash or are we hoping all the boxes present will be OXboxes?

Also, I'd remove Oddball from Warlock, as the portal jumping on that gets more annoying than fun.

perhaps add Shotgun CTF to Ivory Tower? Single flag fast to Ivory Tower?

maybe add single bomb to Turf? Not sure on that one, though..

also, I suggest adding Hamburger Hill.

FyreWulff on
    edited April 2007
    OH MY GOD YES HAMBURGER HILL.

Also. Sig now. Bitch.

Thank you Fyre.

DekuStick on
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    oh fuuck new lost planet maps are out today

Ranced on
  • RepoMan1023RepoMan1023 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    DekuStick wrote: »
    OH MY GOD YES HAMBURGER HILL.
    YES! You must add Hamberger Hill and its south of the border cousin, Hamberguesa Loco. And it must be misspelled. Sanctuary worked out decently for the moving hill game types. Terminal and Zanz have too many hills on one side of the map to make it fair.

You can also make a game type like CQC. I think the settings are in the wiki still. It'll be kinda like duals xtra plus koh.

Since it's a LAN game, you can add more shotgun and sword gametypes. Maybe a sword ball or shotgun ctf.

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
    edited April 2007
    I wonder about the distribution of hills for Tombstone. I'm guessing Desolation will have Sanctuary/Midship-esque hill locations (base, base, middle, 45 degrees off center)

FyreWulff on
  • VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I want a Dairy Queen girl sig. :(

VaLiantine on
    edited April 2007
    Tomcat's making those.. and he's not on AIM right now.

I'll be sure to remind him.

FyreWulff on
  • 043043 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    WWU is up.

And yeah, we're all losing our numbers.
    Frankie wrote:
    [size=+2]Lastly, in conjunction with a new auto-update, new maps and fresh playlists, we’re going to RESET ALL RANKINGS for Halo 2.[/size]

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    once all the Halo 2 population knows about this in the next couple of days, every ranked game will become deranking / team-training style :rotate:

FyreWulff on
  • Smacky The FrogSmacky The Frog Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm actually kind of excited about the ranks being reset. I only recently started back playing the game and most of my friends are much higher rank than me.

Not that it's important, I just like seeing my rank up there with them.

Smacky The Frog on
    wahjahbanner.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Makes my 34 loss a lot softer. And Yeah Val I'll have a sig for you in like 15 minutes.

DekuStick on
  • BlakoutBlakout Lordran's SpookylandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So we get to look forward to Team Slayer being infested with cheaters again? Sweet.

Blakout on
    edited April 2007
    There's going to be another auto-update to address cheating, too. They said cheaters will now know "immediately" that something has changed. So maybe the game bans instantly, or bans sooner than 6 hours, or if they reduced the reconnect time for a host in a game (honestly, it should be very low, because if your host goes to blue screen ONCE, it should change)

Of course, it'll be a wait and see. The previous anti-cheating update from the last map pack kinda reduced cheating.

FyreWulff on
    edited April 2007
    Here you go buddy!

valnegroohn4.png

Heh I just noticed I used caps on the "Girls" on some but not all

DekuStick on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    There's going to be another auto-update to address cheating, too. They said cheaters will now know "immediately" that something has changed. So maybe the game bans instantly, or bans sooner than 6 hours, or if they reduced the reconnect time for a host in a game (honestly, it should be very low, because if your host goes to blue screen ONCE, it should change)

Of course, it'll be a wait and see. The previous anti-cheating update from the last map pack kinda reduced cheating.

We can always hope. I had hoped that they would string those cheaters up by the balls, but this will do fine.

Viscountalpha on
  • RepoMan1023RepoMan1023 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

We can always hope. I had hoped that they would string those cheaters up by the balls, but this will do fine.
    The problem is, when you are being bridged out, only you are going to the setup screen, everyone else is fine. They could make it so that it changes host if someone goes red, but that may be overkill. They definitely need to make it change host if 2 people go to the setup screen. I don't see how they can protect against a person using a bridged connection to single out a specific person and lag them out. Not with the current system anyway. Even if they make it change host after one person lags out, your team is still down one guy.

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
    edited April 2007
    I'd hope this means modders and not lag hackers. I can deal with a bridger more than I can deal with a fucker flying six miles into the sky blasting headshots at 4 billion miles per hour.

DekuStick on
    edited April 2007
    I've always wondered how Bungie handles the voice chat during the blue screen in Halo 2. Unless they have some sort of dual host system where one person is the game host and one person is the voice host. Peer to peer would seem like overkill to me, but would explain some people not being able to hear someone talk but other people can hear them just fine.

for halo 3 they need to:

*make different methods of leaving a game. It should send a seperate message if you actually quit the game than lagging out.

* Quitting would show "__gamertag__ quit the game". Lagging/being bridged out would show "___gamertag___ has disconnected"

* dual host proxy system where both hosts are always on a seperate team. each host box would communicate to each other. If one host tries to bridge out the other team, they will have to hope they find the host because if they don't, it'll have no effect, and if they do it'll end the game. I used this method in one of the games I programmed. unfortunately this would only work for team matchmaking games, so maybe i'm just typing shit here for the hell of it. A similar thing happens in Halo 2 when a game splits into two parallel universes. clients start talking to two seperate hosts, and the clients that are talking to the other host cannot been seen because they are in a different session. It's still the same game # though.. :...:

* random stuff i typed up and deleted because it only makes sense to me

the problem with standbying in halo 2 was that Bungie was -way- too generous with the reconnect time, probably in favor of make sure people could legitimately reconnect to a game. before the first autoupdate, you could stay in standby for about ~20-30 seconds. People used to just standby on Zanzibar and walk the flag all the way back in while you were in bluescreen. The autoupdate shortened it to something like 12-15 seconds.

FyreWulff on
  • VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Tomcat thank you for the signature. Rank resets make the assholes come out of the woodworks.

VaLiantine on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

The problem is, when you are being bridged out, only you are going to the setup screen, everyone else is fine. They could make it so that it changes host if someone goes red, but that may be overkill. They definitely need to make it change host if 2 people go to the setup screen. I don't see how they can protect against a person using a bridged connection to single out a specific person and lag them out. Not with the current system anyway. Even if they make it change host after one person lags out, your team is still down one guy.

More host swapping in games. They need like 15 second breaks in the action as the host switches or some shit.

Viscountalpha on
    edited April 2007
    If anyone needs a DQ girls just hit me up on AIM or slam a post in. I'm happy to do it and I get to look at hawtness too.
    there are tits out in pretty much every DQ sig :D

Whoever created the standby button is a dick. Seriously who uses it anyway? And really if you needed one just unplug the fucking cord.

DekuStick on
    edited April 2007
    the reset will also make it possible to get BTB skirmish games since the ranks won't be all out of whack.

FyreWulff on
    edited April 2007
    Did they ever drop requirements for H2 Vista?

'cause I might get in on that.

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    It only uses DirectX9, so a good DX9 card will probably work fine.

FyreWulff on
    edited April 2007
    AMD 4200+ X2, 2GB, GeForce 7900GTX?

I had a 5.0 on the "Vista Experience Index". I'm just waiting on reviews for H2 PC before I actually buy Vista Home Premium OEM.

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    I'm going to say you shouldn't have any problems in running it. Because I have no idea however, who knows.

DekuStick on
  • LightsOutLightsOut Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Deku, set me up with a DQ girls sig. This thing is totally in!

As far as cheating is concerned, not sure it would help that much, but it would be great to have a spectator mode. What would be even more awesome is to be able to capture video right on the 360 hardrive, and then be able to stream that live to those in your party. That didn't have much to do with cheating though...:|

I also hope they make the Halo 3 code super download friendly. So that not only maps can be downloaded, but new vehicles and weapons can also be stored on the hardrive.

LightsOut on
    edited April 2007
    They already said in Halo 3 that you can save replays and play them back to your party.

FyreWulff on
    edited April 2007
    Wow, really?

I should really be paying closer attention. Oh well, instant gratification ftw.

LightsOut on
    edited April 2007
    For you good sir LightsOut -

lightsoutttni8.png

DekuStick on
    edited April 2007
    Sig Test 123

Oh and thanks to Deku for hooking me up.

LightsOut on
    edited April 2007
    Any time. Glad to see the sig is working.

DekuStick on
    edited April 2007
    Is anyone else curious what they will do with the Pistol for Halo 3?

Old Faithful: Some loved it, some hated it. That about sums it up.
    HaloCE_Pistol-1.jpg

Peashooter: Pre-Update: vehicle-killers,Post Update: wth?! like a bazillion shots don't anything?!
    Halo2_pistol.jpg

I wonder what they will do for Halo 3:?:

LightsOut on
  • BearcatBearcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Halo 3 wont have a pistol. Instead, it will be replaced by a french roll. Players will complain about it's over powered nature, and it will then be replaced by a walrus.

Bearcat on
  • ihdihd Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    They're using an old-style pistol model, no word on whether or not it's as godly though.

ihd on
    edited April 2007
    I hope it isn't godly. I fucking hated the halo 1 pistol. But I loved it and held it so dear to my heart.

DekuStick on
  • NambkabNambkab Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    And now I join in on the fun.

In other news I must offer my sincerest apologies for last night to those I told I would be playing. I was gonna take a 30-40 minute nap as I was dead tired and instead I fell asleep and woke up this morning. So uh, oops...

Nambkab on
This discussion has been closed.