As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So...I'm just gonna go ahead and make a new [chat]

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Aldo wrote: »

Currently doing about 35-40 hours of uni and 16 hours of work per week. I mean, sure it isn't that bad and I get to do most work at home where I can [chat] with you assholes, but I don't have time to slack.

Uh congratulations?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    And I think of all football players who's getting more then a fair shake at shit its pacman jones dude should be in jail.
    I know absolutely nothing about this situation beyond what was mentioned in chat. Do they happen to call him pacman because he has a problem with pills?

If hes the guy I'm thinking of him and his "possee" have been involved with multiple shootings at strip clubs, also a couple assaults. He didn't neccessarily do any of the shooting but the people he was with did and for most people thats enough to get locked up not a year vacation from playing the foosball.

The shit of it is that he's good. And, had (still has) tons of potential. The guy just can't seem to distance himself from tha thug lyfe.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    And I think of all football players who's getting more then a fair shake at shit its pacman jones dude should be in jail.
    I know absolutely nothing about this situation beyond what was mentioned in chat. Do they happen to call him pacman because he has a problem with pills?

If hes the guy I'm thinking of him and his "possee" have been involved with multiple shootings at strip clubs, also a couple assaults. He didn't neccessarily do any of the shooting but the people he was with did and for most people thats enough to get locked up not a year vacation from playing the foosball.

I remember the one story where he bought a garbage bag full of cash to a strip club cuz he liked to throw wads of cash at the strippers. But he wanted it just for show and got in a fight with the bouncers when they got mad he was taking money back.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Gooey wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacman_Jones
    You're doin' it wrong. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacman_Jones#Nickname

Bama on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

The shit of it is that he's good. And, had (still has) tons of potential. The guy just can't seem to distance himself from tha thug lyfe.

That's the problem with professional athletes, these guys get told how to play, but not how to live. It's sad when a multimillionare goes broke because he outspent his paycheck (well not to sad but still you could see where the issues started).

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Bloody hell, science supply websites are always so damn slow.

Truth. I was shopping around online for a new reaction flask a few months ago and was flabbergasted at how unoptimised they were.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hm. Apparently, there are at least three "mafia" bars in the city I'm living in (as in, the game, like what Phalla is based on), where people go to just... drink and play that game.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I took my scuba class, now I need to do open water dives to get certified
    I might go with the same people since I'm not sure I will be going anywhere warm soon...
    Cold water off the coast of MA...

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hm. Apparently, there are at least three "mafia" bars in the city I'm living in (as in, the game, like what Phalla is based on), where people go to just... drink and play that game.

China is weird.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

China is awesome.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

That's the problem with professional athletes, these guys get told how to play, but not how to live. It's sad when a multimillionare goes broke because he outspent his paycheck (well not to sad but still you could see where the issues started).

On the same point, I don't see why the media/public is so surprised when you take disenfranchised, more-often-than-not poor, semi-educated 22-year-olds and make them multi-millionaires overnight.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »

China is awesome.
    Is it bad that I quickly thought "man that could turn violent?"

Bama on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

On the same point, I don't see why the media/public is so surprised when you take disenfranchised, more-often-than-not poor, semi-educated 22-year-olds and make them multi-millionaires overnight.

Well of course, look at the stat that half of lottery winners are bankrupt within a year. Giving someone a lot of money suddenly doesn't make them able to handle it better. The sad thing is the system makes more money exploiting these guys then it does helping them (college coaches churn and burn them through anything for a win, nfl same thing, the media will build them up just for the bigger story of tearing them down).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think I may be actually in love with Google. Except for GIS. But seriously, all of these web apps are badass. I feel supremely behind the curve.

So what's up, [chat]?

Alecthar on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh my god this episode of House is brilliant.

Season 2, ep 12.
    It has a teenage supermodel who slept with her father. It turns out that she's actually a hermaphrodite.

Father (After hearing the news) : What, no, this must be a joke.
    House: No no no no, a joke would be me calling you a homo. Canya see the difference there?

Tav on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    I think I may be actually in love with Google. Except for GIS. But seriously, all of these web apps are badass. I feel supremely behind the curve.

So what's up, [chat]?
    Yeah, it's true. I merged my school e-mail with my Gmail account, have all kinds of crazy labels and filters set up, I used Google Calendar, and I made that spreadsheet for the pushup thing, because Google Docs rule.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Tav wrote: »

Season 2, ep 12.
    It has a teenage supermodel who slept with her father. It turns out that she's actually a hermaphrodite.

House: No no no no, a joke would be me calling you a homo. Canya see the difference there?

That was a great disturbing episode.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Firefox 3 refused to download the Spore Creature Creator because of my Internet Explorer security settings were all set to the highest possible. I got Firefox because it was safer. I turned all the settings up because I someone told me it would be safer and because I wouldn't be using it anyway.

And now I'm forced to rethink this!

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

China is awesome.

Too bad I can find essentially no enjoyment in that game as I see serious hotties going in those joints.

On the other hand, Sunday is Settlers of Catan night at a nearby coffee shop.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Tav wrote: »

Season 2, ep 12.

I don't find that episode enjoyable anymore ever since I had a friend of a friend have a flashback to her own sexual abuse at the hands of her father during the watching of that episode. One minute "Oh you snark bastard, you..." the next uncontrollable sobbing.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

China is awesome.

Too bad I can find essentially no enjoyment in that game.

I love Settlers of Catan, partly because 3/5 of my friends are big losers who can't seem to figure out Arkham Horror no matter how many times I explain the rules!

Alecthar on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It kinda weirds me out when I stretch and my sternum pops.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Goddamnit. Now that I turned the security down and downloaded the creature creator, something keeps me from running the exe file.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Man I love assholes, "Now I'm not the one to stray from my marriage but my wife got fat and I want to fuck other people".

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »

China is awesome.

Too bad I can find essentially no enjoyment in that game.

I love Settlers of Catan, partly because 3/5 of my friends are big losers who can't seem to figure out Arkham Horror no matter how many times I explain the rules!

It's pretty damn random over all, but I've added enough extra expansion junk (Seafarers, Cities and Knights, the German Das Buch expansion set, the occasional Fisheries of Catan, and a few house rules) that it's still damn fun.

Basic Settlers always comes down to (for me) a person pursuing the proper strategy (maximize ore, sheep, wheat, buy lots of cards) and winning. Or getting unlucky. Whichever.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Time to start playing Stranglehold. I'm wearing sunglasses to fend off all the presumed badassery about to occur.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Also, I forgot how fun Google Docs and Google Spreadsheet are. We should just [chat] in there.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Time to start playing Stranglehold. I'm wearing sunglasses to fend off all the presumed badassery about to occur.

Enjoy yourself that game is a blast to play.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man I love assholes, "Now I'm not the one to stray from my marriage but my wife got fat and I want to fuck other people".
    Man, I kind of understand where he's coming from. If a woman were saying the same thing, I would understand that, too (and I say this as a fat guy).

You marry someone who you're compatible with; when they change significantly, sometimes you become less compatible. I'm not saying it's not assholish, but people are assholes.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    First day on the job. I describe this place both as "where love comes to die" and "built from the smoldering, shattered remains of dreams violently broken"

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Man, I kind of understand where he's coming from. If a woman were saying the same thing, I would understand that, too (and I say this as a fat guy).

You marry someone who you're compatible with; when they change significantly, sometimes you become less compatible. I'm not saying it's not assholish, but people are assholes.

Well the issue I had is, its one thing to say "My wife gained some weight and its putting some strain" its another thing to directly mention "I'm not one to stray".

If he doesn't love her anymore its not straying it's divorce time, I hate the idea of loving someone so much you'll fuck other people just so you can stay in that nice safe relationship.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    wazilla wrote: »
    First day on the job. I describe this place both as "where love comes to die" and "built from the smoldering, shattered remains of dreams violently broken"

I told you to clean my bedroom not make a social statement about it christ!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »

Yes, but he specifically said he would not stray from his marriage instead of, let's say, the exact person he first married. Marriage is about change and compromise and whatnot. You can't expect your wife to stay the same forever. And if things don't work out, jump ship before screwing around with others.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    He should set up some sort of open relationship deal with her. Then call windbit.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Its funny most "open" relationships usually start when the better looking partner wants to fuck better looking people. At least in my experience.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm watching Pretty Persuasian. It is perfect 3am viewing - absurd characters and a way too intelligent 15 year old girl.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    There a few bars by me that do Rock Band nights

hmmmm

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Its funny most "open" relationships usually start when the better looking partner wants to fuck better looking people. At least in my experience.
    You're ruining my cheap shot at windbit.

Why are you ruining my cheap shot?

Quid on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    wazilla wrote: »

I told you to clean my bedroom not make a social statement about it christ!
    Ohhh. I got confused when you told me to take all of my clothes off and "make with the Rodney King shit"

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    You're ruining my cheap shot at windbit.

Why are you ruining my cheap shot?

I'm sorry quid. I had to get my morals out there once more.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.