As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

360 GPU problem?

Capncrunch7Capncrunch7 Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Games and Technology
I bought my 360 new in Nov 06, and it has been working just fine up until recently. Now, after about 5 minutes of use, the colors on the screen get very distorted and pixelated. The image looks almost like crappy cel shading with a little bit of visual static.

Google turned up a few similar problems that suggested it was a fried GPU, but I was curious to see if anyone here had ever come across this problem as well. Since it's close to 2 years old, what are my options? Pretend it's RROD-ing and send it back to MS?

XBLA: gogogadgetchris
Capncrunch7 on

• Options
    The Man with No NameThe Man with No Name __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Since it's close to 2 years old, what are my options? Pretend it's RROD-ing and send it back to MS?

That would be fraud. A crime. A criminal.

The Man with No Name on
    :whistle:
  • Options
    ROFISHROFISH AnehiixiiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Leave it on while glitching. Sounds like you're pretty close to a real RROD anyway, just give it a kick.

ROFISH on
    sig3.png
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wrap a towel around it and leave it on for awhile. Boom, free repair.

glithert on
  • Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    glithert wrote: »
    Wrap a towel around it and leave it on for awhile. Boom, free repair.

Yeah, but you're probably damaging it further for that short while of working order. :P

Stasis on
  • Options
    XanariosXanarios Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Methinks that's the idea.

Xanarios on