As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cat pee

JawaJawa Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So out of the blue my cat decides it would be an awesome idea to just begin spraying everything.

He's four years old, but has never done this before. Just tonight we caught him in the act and don't know what to do.

Why is he peeing/spraying on everything and how can we get him to stop.

Jawa on

• Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Have you made a major change in his life. Sometimes cats just get pissed off at you and this is how they take it out. Move his litter box, change his food, anything?

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    musanman wrote: »
    Have you made a major change in his life. Sometimes cats just get pissed off at you and this is how they take it out. Move his litter box, change his food, anything?

We move him between our house and our neighbors house, but we have been doing this for his entire life.

Other than that nothing has really changed

Jawa on
  • Options
    NibbleNibble Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm going to assume he's been neutered, otherwise he would have started this earlier.

I've been told that cats spraying out of the blue like that is an indication of upset in routine or some sort of health problem. You might want to consider consulting a vet.

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Nibble wrote: »
    I'm going to assume he's been neutered, otherwise he would have started this earlier.

I've been told that cats spraying out of the blue like that is an indication of upset in routine or some sort of health problem. You might want to consider consulting a vet.

yah he has been neutered

Jawa on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Take him to the vet.
    He might have crystals, which are a world of trouble if left alone.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Could be a bladder infection too. That's one of the more frequent culprits when a previously well-trained cats start pissing everywhere.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    TrowizillaTrowizilla Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Take him to the vet.

Also, try getting another litter box, especially if you have more than one cat. Sometimes cats decide to hate one litter box, possibly because something bad happened in it, such as being startled or stepping on a sharp piece of litter.

Trowizilla on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    put the cat in the bathtub and pee on it

you gotta speak a language they understand, and there is no way to misinterpret getting peed on

Doc on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    put the cat in the bathtub and pee on it

you gotta speak a language they understand, and there is no way to misinterpret getting peed on

You just made my night Doc.

DeShadowC on