Options

Mount & Blade 0.808 check end of OP

• Options
    KarnKarn Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I figured that, but of course the forums are giving me a HELL of a time trying to connect.

Karn on
    KarnsigRescue.gif
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Karn wrote:
    I figured that, but of course the forums are giving me a HELL of a time trying to connect.
    I had that problem too. I guess they're getting hammered.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    NibbleNibble Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=7ae28744a23576f65fad25c905c757a4&/topic,18299.0.html
    Armagan wrote:
    Main Download Link:
    http://www.taleworlds.com/download/mountandblade_0800_setup.exe

Mirrors:
    (many thanks to Janus for providing these.)
    http://www.fenrisoft.com/storage/MnB/mountandblade_0800_setup.exe
    http://www.mbrepository.com/temp/mountandblade_0800_setup.exe

Thanks to TitanX for this one:
    http://titanx3online.com/public/mountandblade_0800_setup.exe

One important problem you may run into is that, the new version requires the most recent version of DirectX9c, released in 2006 august. You can download it from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

You may need to download the latest drivers for your graphics card as well.

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    You. Are. Awesome.

I can't enter the training ground. It says something about a texture error. :(
    CAn't enter the real game either.

Unable to create render target texture.

Reinstalling fixed it.

Karn on
    KarnsigRescue.gif
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I just downloaded, installed and got to level 6 all in one go. I'm hungry for more horsey stabby action, but it's my friend's laptop and I'm behind on my work. But damn, was that game fun - just charging into battle with my polearm down, thumping people in the chest - if I'd put points into prisoner management early on I would have been raking it in. By the time I realised that I needed to do that to take prisoners, I had upgraded to a spear and was just skewering bandits - once I realised that stabbing from horseback caused my charger to go red with blood, I wasn't going to stop to take prisoners:twisted:

My character's face ended up looking like Jason Lee from My Name is Earl - anybody manage to make a reasonable likeness of themselves? Or anybody else?

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Did they buff lances? I seem to be having a much easier time taking people or atleast their horses down now.

Karn on
    KarnsigRescue.gif
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Can I update .751 to .8 or do i have to reinstall?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    You have to download the full install, but you don't have to uninstall the previous version. Small patches are only released for the 0.X1 updates.

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Arenas in every Town A+
    Better Tutorial where you can't loose A+ (for the rookies)
    Better graphics A+
    4 team freeforalls in the Arena A+ (I may never leave!)
    Borcha Broken from the start F-

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    i'm surprised that the OP didn't mention the Last Days mod, which puts you in teh LOtR universe. Nothing quite like leading an army of orcs against 50 or so "simple folk" in order to harvest them for meat.

although, it's been mentioned several times since then, in like every post, i notice.

anywho, just started replaying this last night through sheer coincidence, never noticed this thread, loving the hell out of it.

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Version 0.801 was just released, and everyone with 0.800 need only download a 4MB patch. I've copied the following from http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,18471.0.html:
    Armagan wrote:
    Hi everyone,

We have finally fixed most of the major bugs with 0.800. Special thanks everyone who gave feedback for version 0.800. The detailed bug reports made our job so much easier. Very Happy

The options and config files' location is changed from "C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile Name\Local Settings\Application Data" to "C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile Name\Application Data". If you wish to keep your configurations and options, you should move the folder to its new location. Or you can delete the folder, the new config and options files will be automatically generated.

Savegames are not compatible between this version and any previous. If you want to keep your character, load your character with the old version, and from character window->statistics, export your character. You can then create a character with the same name and use the import function to import him to the new game.

Some of the changes and bugfixes in version 0.801 are as follows:

Fixed bug where couched lance damage could affect horses repeatedly.
    Hitting walls no longer produces couched lance damage and speed bonus reports.
    Antialiasing is now disabled for render targets.
    Icon labels and texts no longer produce shadows.
    Returned map camera view angle to 0.751 style.
    Character skills should now be exported and imported properly.
    Shields and weapons carried on back are no longer displayed while in first person view.
    Townsfolk should no longer disappear misteriously.
    Fixed crash with battles between more than two parties.
    Fixed various dialog and quest bugs.
    XP and Gold are rewarded after successful battles.
    Reinforcements arrive correctly during battles.

The following known bugs and problems still exist but are left to another version/patch.

1) Sometimes keyboard input is lost after entering a scene. (Hitting alt-tab twice will fix the problem)
    2) Tactics skill does not affect battle advantage.

Downloads:
    If you have already downloaded version 0.800 all you need to do is to download and install the following (4MB) patch:
    http://www.taleworlds.com/download/mountandblade_upgrade_0800_to_0801.exe

If you haven't downloaded 0.800 yet, the full installer is as follows (77MB):
    http://www.taleworlds.com/download/mountandblade_0801_setup.exe

Enjoy!

Download Mirrors
    Patch (4MB):
    http://titanx3online.com/public/mountandblade_upgrade_0800_to_0801.exe
    http://www.mbrepository.com/temp/mountandblade_upgrade_0800_to_0801.exe
    http://www.fenrisoft.com/storage/MnB/mountandblade_upgrade_0800_to_0801.exe

Full Install (77MB):
    http://www.mbrepository.com/temp/mountandblade_0801_setup.exe

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178
  • Options
    IAmTheRadIAmTheRad Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I can no longer couch the walls, yay!

I do love couched damage. I took out a party of 6 river pirates, alone. With couched damage.

IAmTheRad on
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Is there any way to read out your key, say from the install dir or the registry, once you have entered it?

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I WAS WRONG

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2006
    They call it couched lance damage in the game.

Tube on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    IAmTheRad wrote:
    I can no longer crouch the walls, yay!

I do love crouched damage. I took out a party of 6 river pirates, alone. With crouched damage.

I am not anal retentive, I just hate that mistake.
    It's couch.

look it up.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    WHY wrote:
    IAmTheRad wrote:

I do love crouched damage. I took out a party of 6 river pirates, alone. With crouched damage.

It's couch.

look it up.

Couch=sofa, loveseat, extra bed

Crouch=squatting low, getting low

edit: couch

crouch...GISing crouch got me a 50 ft japanese woman crouching in the middle of a road with a nice view of her crotch. Although fully clothed, I am not sure wether or not I should shack my head in disappointment. This was the only image I could find of someone or something crouching that wasn't NSFW.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    WHY wrote:
    IAmTheRad wrote:

It's couch.

look it up.

crouch

You're a tool, a huge, huge tool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lances

Tube on
  • Options
    LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    ....I'm pretty sure it's couched dude.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    WHY wrote:
    IAmTheRad wrote:

It's couch.

look it up.

crouch
    v. couched, couch·ing, couch·es
    v.tr.
    1. To word in a certain manner; phrase: couched their protests in diplomatic language.
    2. To cause (oneself) to lie down, as for rest.
    3. To embroider by laying thread flat on a surface and fastening it by stitches at regular intervals.
    4. To spread (grain) on a couch to germinate, as in malting.
    5. To lower (a spear, for example) to horizontal position, as for an attack.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    To me, that is the most retarded word I have ever read...oh well.

I WAS WRONG

edit: Why is it I got so many NSFW images when I GISed crouched?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    edited November 2006

I WAS WRONG

What's great is you were given a really clear opportunity to go check it and then just say "oh wow I guess I was wrong, I learned something new today" but you used that opportunity to go and find a picture of a couch so you could look like even more of a massive, massive tool.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2006

I WAS WRONG

What's great is you were given a really clear opportunity to go check it and then just say "oh wow I guess I was wrong, I learned something new today" but you used that opportunity to go and find a picture of a couch so you could look like even more of a massive, massive tool.

I looked up couch and couldn't find a link about lances, so how does that make me a tool?

oh well, I admit I was wrong and you were right so I apologize.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited November 2006

I WAS WRONG

I looked up couch and couldn't find a link about lances, so how does that make me a tool?

oh well, I admit I was wrong and you were right so I apologize.

He's just bitter that his dick doesn't have spikes. Don't worry.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    AdimaxAdimax Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Andorien wrote:
    It feels good to have started a thread that has sucked so many people in. A word of advice, make a text document with your seriel key and keep it somewhere where you know you will remember, it just helps.

This is good advice, I actually do this with all my CD keys.

That being said, lancing people in the face with a character named "Jaime" makes me happy.

I <3 you so much for that. More than you'll ever know.

If there was ever a game just begging to be used for Fire and Ice...

Adimax on
  • Options
    bananabreadbananabread Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Wait what 4 man all on all arena battles? How can I have missed this?

Is there some special option in the Arena or do you just wait for one to randomly come along?

bananabread on
    your sig was too long <3 orik
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I believe they're actually four teams, with potentially more than one man per team; and yes, you just have to wait for it to happen randomly. If you have the arena mod, you can pick the kind of battle you want; but it may be a while before they have a version that is compatible with the new version of M&B.

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Nibble wrote:
    I believe they're actually four teams, with potentially more than one man per team; and yes, you just have to wait for it to happen randomly. If you have the arena mod, you can pick the kind of battle you want; but it may be a while before they have a version that is compatible with the new version of M&B.

Doesn't each city also have different arenas and different battles?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Yes, each city has its own arena now. I don't know if there's any difference between them, though.

0.802 is out already, fixing a critical bug in 0.801:
    Armagan wrote:
    Changelog for version 0.802:
    1) Game should no longer crash after victorious battles.
    2) Constable Hareck's quest rewards are now calculated correctly.
    3) Keyboard input is read from background now, so fortunately keyboard input loss should no longer happen.
    4) Tactics skill now affects battle advantage.
    5) Minor fixes to party encounter logic.
    6) Kidnapped girl quest fixed.
    7) Party screen should no longer show stacks containing zero troops.
    8) Cool Defeated parties with zero units should no longer be left on the map after battles.

Known problems that are left to be fixed in a future version:
    1) Shiny materials with specular reflection do not work with programmable shaders.
    2) Game does not work under Windows 98. (we'll be looking into this right away)

Downloads:
    If you have already installed version 0.800 or 0.801 all you need to do is to download and install the following (4MB) patch:
    http://www.taleworlds.com/download/mountandblade_upgrade_0800_to_0802.exe

If you haven't downloaded 0.800 or 0.801 yet, the full installer is as follows (76MB):
    http://www.taleworlds.com/download/mountandblade_0802_setup.exe

Savegames are not compatible between this version and versions before 0.801. If you want to keep your character, load your character with the old version, and from character window->statistics, export your character. You can then create a character with the same name and use the import function to import him to the new game.

(Note that character import/export was bugged with version 0.800 therefore exporting characters will not work properly from that version)

Patch Download Mirrors (4MB):
    http://www.mbrepository.com/temp/mountandblade_upgrade_0800_to_0802.exe
    http://www.fenrisoft.com/storage/MnB/mountandblade_upgrade_0800_to_0802.exe
    http://www.b3ta.cr3ation.co.uk/data/exe/mountandblade_upgrade_0800_to_0802.exe (thanks Habemik)

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    How do you miss a bug that makes all the battles you win crash? First my guys don't get experience, then they don't get experience because I crash. At least they patch fast.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Adimax wrote:
    I <3 you so much for that. More than you'll ever know.

If there was ever a game just begging to be used for Fire and Ice...

Don't tempt me....

Edit: Holy crap, they've really made some changes. The new appearance options for creating a character are awesome.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    bananabreadbananabread Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    What they really need to do is make it possible to win a battle without the game crashing D:

bananabread on
    your sig was too long <3 orik
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Does anybody else have trouble with naming characters? If I click the name window it won't let me type anything, and my keyboard works fine when controlling my character.

Also, I can't figure out how to 'unlock' this version. I have a CD key from a previous version, will it work?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    OH SHI-

mnb-1.jpg

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    The "crashes every time you win a battle" bug only occurred if you had certain graphics settings, I believe. It's fixed in 0.802, though.

I couldn't name my character when creating him, but I was able to change his name afterwards.

If you just installed over the previous version, you shouldn't have to unlock it at all. The key you were given when you first bought the game should work, though.

Nibble on
    sig.php?id=178
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I've installed the game before, but I uninstalled it and deleted the file. There's no 'unlock' option though, so I assume I'm in the clear.

The naming bug seems to have been fixed in .802, I had no problems.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Apparently Armagan's finally gotten back into the swing of updating things, since we've gone straight from .802 to .804 today.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I've installed the game before, but I uninstalled it and deleted the file. There's no 'unlock' option though, so I assume I'm in the clear.

The naming bug seems to have been fixed in .802, I had no problems.
    I think it keeps track of whether or not it's unlocked in your registry.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    OH SHI-

mnb-1.jpg

The Song of ice and fire rools! <3

Vic on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I haven't played this, but am finally thinking of trying it. Should I first play the new version, or the old version with mods?

piL on